Dungeon Keeper, the beginning

Discussion in 'Normal RPGs' started by Hvast, May 28, 2016.

1. Hvast

Hvast Really Really Experienced

Like to see this continued

2. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

Which part do you find inadequate Hvast?

3. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

A4
    B5
    C4
    D4
    E4

4. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

A4
    B5
    C4
    D4
    E3 (you can survey the castle during the winter)

5. Nemo of Utopia

In all categories except activity we have a clear winner, but there is still that one item, so voting remains open until Monday. (I will be by-and-large incommunicado for the weekend, and certainly not able to type one of the massive screeds which is involved in updating this game...)

6. Hvast

Hvast Really Really Experienced

I like everything. And here are my votes

A4
    B5
    C3
    D3
    E3

7. Nemo of Utopia

Well, with the minimum of three people for voting having made their views known, the results are as follows:

Now to explain all of this!

You upon waking you talk about what you were thinking of when you went to sleep last night, the whole naming things business: and she suggests two more things which need names, the farmstead and the river. However after bouncing a few ideas back and forth you both agree that the best thing to do would be taking a look around the castle and other buildings to see if you can find some records that have survived the period of time when the region was abandoned. That will tell you what these things were called before and you can decide then if you want to keep their old names or give them new ones...

After that you decide on the order of the day's activities.

"We have enough firewood for the next few weeks," You think aloud and suddenly both you and your sister's stomachs rumble.

"Mistress, I am sick to death of being hungry," Your sister declares, and you consider.
    "Perhaps we should gather food today?" You ask, to which Caethes nods vigorously.

You spend the whole day wandering your domain gathering food, but when the day is over you have little to show for it: only about 6 days worth of rations at your present 'near starvation' level. However, on the positive, you and Caethes have eaten well today, Carrots, Apples, Oat Porridge, and Pea Soup with Salt Pork.

You also encounter, on your meandering about the valley, a pack of feral dogs. They are wary of you, and you of them, but you think it might be possible to tame them, if you are canny and used some of the meat from the hog...

As you return to the castle with what you have been able to gather, (Mostly a lot of apples, but also some carrots and oats.), you note that the horizon is colored a brilliant crimson by the setting sun: this means that in all likely hood it will rain during the night...

Current State of Your Domain:

This is now dealt with in a separate thread, the link to which is provided Above. Only changes to the scores will be reported here:

Food: (48 + 12) / 2 People = 30 days.
    (Ration Level: Near* Starvation [1/3 = 1 Unit of Food Per Person Per Day.]. Full Rations: 10 Days / 2 People = 5 Days [8+2]. Food Balance: 6 Dairy, 8 Fruit, 14 Grain, 18 Meat, 14 Vegetable.)
    Bonus: You 'lived off the land' today and as such increased your stored rations without expending a days worth of food!

*(This change to the system reflects that you have SOME food to eat: actual starvation will cause HP and MP damage. If Either Reaches zero you will die. Furthermore, the lower your ration level the slower you heal from injuries and the longer it takes to regenerate MP. Additionally I feel I should mention that you need some of all the food types: you can actually begin to 'starve' (Suffer from Malnutrition...) If you have no food left in any of the categories. Last thing I want to mention here; You can have Ration levels above 'full'. Doing this allows your citizens to put on fat stores that can safeguard against malnutrition or starvation. For every 2 units of food consumed over 'full' rations each person puts on 1 unit of 'fat', up to 15 units, then one per 3 food units up to 30 units of fat. (Which is the cap, once they have 30 units of fat if they consume an extra 15 units of food they die from a heart attack.) If they would suffer from malnutrition or normal starvation instead of taking HP/MP Damage they lose a unit of fat, till their fat reserves are gone. This means that for the most disturbingly overweight person it will take 2 months for starvation to kill them.)

Firewood: (36-1) / ([2 People / 5] Round Up.) = 35 Days.

Dreams

You:
    Your dreams are fractured phantom things you cannot clearly recall upon waking.

Your Sister:
    Your sister reports dreaming of being touched by many hands, and blessing all who so touched her.

The New Question:

Due to having eaten well for the first time in months you and your sister can do two of these things tomorrow. Everyone please pick two items from the list when voting this time. (It is perfectly reasonable to vote for doing the same thing twice on most of these. Any votes without a second item picked will be assumed to be double votes for the same item. In the event that a vote for an item which cant be done twice is double voted and carries the day without a runner up I will pick the second activity.)

What should we do tomorrow?
    A1: Find some help! (Many hands make light work, but also mean more mouths to feed. [Conversely however, there is safety in numbers...]) [Low Risk]
    A2: Gather wood. (We need enough stockpiled for all our people, [you and your sister for the moment], to survive AT LEAST 3 months of ice and snow, typically more like 4 but sometimes as much as 6 at this elevation... Right now we have less than 2 months worth.) [No Risk]
    A3: Gather Food. (We need enough stockpiled for all our people, [you and your sister for the moment], to survive AT LEAST 3 months of ice and snow, typically more like 4 but sometimes as much as 6 at this elevation... Right now we have only about a months worth.) [No Risk]
    A4: Explore the Castle. (Who knows, maybe the castle HAS wood and food? Won't know till we've checked the whole thing...[On the other hand, we can do this during the winter more easily than most other activities...]) [Moderate Risk]
    A5: Survey our domain. (We got some good supplies from the farmstead we explored yesterday: perhaps we should look at another tomorrow?) [Low Risk]
    A6: Repair the Keep. (And this is next to last because its probably more long term, but if we can't defend ourselves everything we've built and collected could be snatched away from us...) [Low Risk]
    A7: Try to re-tame the dogs. (Canis Lupus Familiaris: the Dog: Humanity's oldest ally, staunchest supporter, and most faithful companion. If we can take control of the pack they would be powerful allies. Yes, it would mean more mouths to feed, but we have the meat to spare right now, and with a baying pack of hounds at our beck and call hunting larger animals becomes a real possibility. Furthermore, come winter those dogs will either have become our allies: or turn into vicious and dangerous enemies...) [Moderate Risk.]
    A8: Do Something Else? (We COULD spend the day doing just about anything, but it's probably not a good idea.)

"Explore the Castle" and "Survey Our Domain": Each day of exploration 'clears' one building in the castle, of which there are seven, or checks out one farmstead, of which eleven remain. (As far as you know, on both counts...) Both types of exploring carry some degree of risk, exploring the castle especially, but the rewards of success will be greater than 'No Risk' actions, as we have seen already today.

"Repair the Keep" Uses 1 'Timber' or 'Stone' per day. Full Repair requires 40 Timber and 20 Stone, plus at least 1 follower with each of the "Wood-Wright" and "Stonemason" specialties to use more than 1/4th Timber requirement or any Stone, respectively. For each 5 Timber or Stone expended Keep's "Defense" bonus increases by 1. At certain levels of repair it's Space and Administration capacities also increase.

"Try to re-tame the dogs" Each attempt at this uses 2 units of Meat: but the reward will be 5 hunting dogs. Once you have the pack under your control they will eat 1 unit of meat each per day, but the "Go Hunting" action becomes available, which is a "Low Risk" action that yields large quantities of meat, and will be crucial to keeping your larder stocked during the winter. Furthermore, when winter arrives this option becomes "High Risk": the dogs, hungry and cold, become hostile. Lastly, if you have not tamed the dogs come spring, this option ceases to be available altogether. They will have lived out the winter without humans; their journey to the dark side of Feral Animals will be complete.

"Do Something Else?": If you have another suggestion for what you and your sister do, leave it in a parenthetical comment. Some possibilities: Go Fishing (You don't have nets, lines, or fishhooks), Explore Up or Down The River (You could run into just about anything...), Fix up the Kitchens or Servant's Quarters (You don't have brick, mortar, tables, jars, pots, knives, cooking utensils, or cutting boards: nor hammers, nails, varnish, paint, wallpaper, cotton, wool, hemp, thread, cloth, straw, or down...), Take A Day To 'Rest' (You can 'rest' all winter...), Practice Magic (On What?), or Practice Sword-Fighting (Again, on what?).

Time to vote!

8. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

A5, then A3

9. meriones1

meriones1 Virgin

10. Nemo of Utopia

Well! It appears we have someone new! And With a bold double vote for repairing the keep no less. Unfortunately what we don't have is three people voting OR a winner for the results.

I also need to mention something: this time votes are being counted not only by item but by position to: a vote for A5 as the first item is not tallied up with the second item votes unless there's no clear victors by the end of the week, in which case all votes are tallied together with the top two carrying the day. (Do note that I did tell you to vote for two items, so any 'assumed' double votes only count as one in that case...)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  11. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

A1
    A5

12. Nemo of Utopia

Well, still no winning votes, and tomorrow votes will go to tallies, the victory currently going to A5 with myself having to provide the tiebreaker for the second slot...
    However, there is still time for a last minute vote to tip the scale and put us into a decisive, (if shallow,) victory for one item or another. I plan to check in on this topic several times today. I should be around to do the update whenever we have a clear winner. If you want to make your opinion known, now would be the time...

13. Nemo of Utopia

The next update is almost done, just a few details to sort out, but it can't be finisheod until tomorrow.

EDIT: It almost goes without saying, but no further votes are being counted at this point.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  14. Nemo of Utopia

I am sorry that the update is taking so long but my computer's power cord has stopped working. I therefore have only this borrowed tablet to work with. I am hoping to get the update finished tomorrow, but if not I will make sure to finish it by very early Tuesday.

15. Nemo of Utopia

Almost half a year: my, my, how the time flies... I just found this in my Google Drive, and thought I would post it. I make no guarantees that I'll be able to keep this one running over the long term (I'm already over committed.) but I would like to try my hand at it again. Anyway, without further ado, here is the update that was promised above, but never delivered...

It has come to be Friday, (And Longer), with no clear victors. Now the tallying must show the winners, and even so leave me as the deciding tiebreaker for one of the two positions. Having said that, here are the results...

Now to explain all that!

Upon waking your sister states that she dreamt of being touched by many hands, and blessing all who so touched her. You decide, (feeling energetic after eating your fill yesterday, for the first time in months,) that now is the time to go looking for more vassals.

Gathering up your gear you head out to explore another of the old farmsteads, reasoning that if there are survivors of this failed experiment in kingdom building they will be there…

You leave the castle and shortly notice an interesting item, one of the farmsteads has a curl of smoke issuing from the smoke hole at the center of the roof. Making good time you reach the cottage within only ten or twelve minutes, but find it deserted. However, the still warm slurry of a hastily extinguished fire in the fire pit at the building's core tells you that there was recently people here. You and your sister search but find no one, just a few remnants of a quick yet filling meal of eggs, oats, carrots, and onions.

Then there is a shout from outside. Rushing into the bright noontime sun you are confronted by an armed troupe of goblins, armored in leather and brandishing an assortment of finely wrought stone weapons. Their leader, a slightly larger individual with a more brownish cast to his green skin, gestures the troupe to halt, and regards you with hate filled eyes. You are fortunate enough to be able to speak Goblin, as he next addresses you in that tongue. “Give me one compelling reason not to cut you open from snatch to scalp half-elf!” He snarls, and you smile a grin that has no trace of real humor in it.

“How about I give you two?” You quip, and use a few arcane gestures and syllables whereupon a pair of lionesses appear at your sides. They have fur the color of dried blood, eyes that burn with balefire, and their ears, tails, and noses are pierced by small curved spikes of black iron. “Do you still wish to defy me, Goblin-kin?” you ask, hands resting on the lionesses shoulders, willing them to wait for your signal…

At once the attitude of the goblins changes.

“I meant no offense Mistress, we are but your humble servants! Had I known I stood before,” and here he uses a compound word that does not translate well into common, “^Die-Leerenjuwele-der-neuen-Morgendämmerung^, (The-Void-Jewels-of-the-New-Dawn,) I would of course have not spoken in such tones. What is it you desire of this party of poorly equipped soldiers?” He asks, bowing low, and the rest of his band following suit.

With abnormal boldness your sister steps forward and commands, “Touch my hands, and be blessed in the sight of ^Die-Leerenjuwele-der-neuen-Morgendämmerung^.”

One by one the goblins do and a strange expression comes over their faces, a kind of deceptively calm serenity, like the slack of the tide before a tsunami. You then address their commander. “There were others here a short time ago, the remains of their fire is still warm. Split into groups of two and fan out, but if you hear this whistle,” *feeew-wee-huuu.* you blow through pursed lips, “follow it back, and if you hear it not come to yonder castle by nightfall. Find the others who were here and bring them before Us, unharmed,” you state, using the royal ‘We’ at the end.

^Jah mien Führerin!^ Their commander states, and they do as you have ordered.

Meanwhile, you and your sister go back into the cottage and give it a more thorough inspection. As you pace the floor carefully you discover that in one corner there is a section where the boards echo more hollowly than elsewhere. Locating two knot holes you lift away the section of floor to expose a hidden cellar. Inside huddles eight people, all Humans and most of them younger even than you.

“You are lucky that the goblins are not as canny about hidden spaces as we are,” you tell them. “You had best come up and negotiate with us for our protection, because they will be back before nightfall.”

They see the wisdom of your words and are shortly up out of the cellar and you get part of the story of what happened here from them.

This valley was cleared by a forest fire caused by a marauding dragon. Not long thereafter “Sir Sampson of the Silver Blade”, a landless wandering knight, came upon the now grassy meadow left behind and decided to proclaim himself Archduke of an independent Duchy. He gathered several hundred followers, almost all Humans, in the Hundred Kingdoms and brought them to ‘his land’. The Valley at that time was called “Samson’s Vale” and the castle at its center “Samsonite”. The narrow and shallow river that cut through the valley had been named “The Damel”, (Ironically one of the names you considered before…), and the Duchy as a whole “The Land of Samson”.

Things went well for twenty years, the Keep was erected, then the rest of the castle, while the farmsteads expanded from three to twelve. Then the goblins in the surrounding woods came to the castle demanding tribute and reparations for the death of their chief's son and the theft of their land. Samson refused, declaring “I would sooner bankrupt the treasury paying to defend my realm than spend a half-farthing on tribute!” The goblins united with the other humanoids and intelligent monsters of the region, marched on the castle, and in a day and a night of destruction laid it waste. They burned large parts of it, tore down the walls, and killed nearly everyone inside. They then hunted down and enslaved everyone else they could catch.

That was this past spring.

The eight people before you, (only three of which bear any real resemblance to each other,) are the only ones who escaped that they know of. They all ran and hid from the goblins and other monsters, then over the next month or so found each other. After that they took to living together in the hidden root cellar for mutual advantage.

When you explain that you have taken over the castle and reached a detente with the goblins, but are only willing to extend it to them if they swear fealty to you, they all do so quite readily. You then call the Goblins back with the prearranged signal, and tell everyone that you will be recovering everything of use from this farmstead and taking it back to the castle.

As you all work packing up the tools and resources of the Steading you talk with both groups and make it clear that, as both are your vassals now, they had better get used to living alongside each other. Meanwhile you convince the Goblins to tell you what THEY called the features around here before the humans arrived. (All just grist for the mill in terms of picking names for the area…)

At the end of the day you have acquired quite a bit of equipment and supplies, carried them back to the Castle, and everyone seems to be getting along for the moment. You fall asleep huddled together with all your new vassals. Sheltering under the blankets you’ve brought from the farmstead, you wonder why you didn't go looking for more people sooner. Your Sister stays on watch with two of the small greenskins through the night, her back pressed against your own under the same quilt...

Current State of Your Domain:

This is now dealt with in a separate thread, the link to which is provided above. Only changes to the scores will be reported here:

Food: (60+60) / 20 People = 6 days.
    (Ration Level: Near Starvation. [1/3 = 1 Unit of Food Per Person Per Day.] Full Rations: 18 Days / 20 People = 0.9 Days [10-1+9=18]. Food Balance: 12 Dairy, 16 Fruit, 28 Grain, 36 Meat, 28 Vegetable.)

Firewood: (35-4) / ([20 People / 5] Round Up.) = 7.75 Days.

Vassals: 2+18=20

Racial Balance: Goblin 10, Human 8, Half-Human/Half-Sea Elf 2.

Dreamers: Gloriana of Magecraft, Caethes of the Silver Blade.

Other Named Characters: Sgt. Doggen, Corporal Wenvolt, Medic Vlashtan, Private Scarshrak, Private Rothmund, Mister Richard Flotsam and Misses Wendy Flotsam (33), Edward Charles Shiloh (16), Jennifer Maria Flotsam (15), William David Clarkson (13), Rose Blossom Harkness (6).

Role Balance:
    Top: 0 Idle Rich ( :D ), 2 Heroes, 10 Soldiers (0 Officers, 2 Non-Coms [Green 0, Common 1, Veteran 1, Elite 0], 7 Troopers [Green Skirmishers 7], 1 Medic [Common 1], 0 Artillerists, 0 Mages, 0 Specialists, 0 Dedicated Support.) 0 Administrators.
    Mid-Level: 0 Clergy, 0 Entertainers, 0 Skilled Tradesmen.

Base: 0 Craft’s People, 0 Workers, 8 Farmers (2 Growers [Skilled], 1 Animal Keeper [Greenhorn], 1 Shepherdess [Skilled: Rusty], 4 Farmhands [Youths].) 0 Gatherers, 0 Fishermen, 0 Hunters, 0 Veterinarians, 0 Agronomists, 0 Lay-Druids.)

Analysis: You are very topheavy: increase base and mid level positions.

Dreams

You:
    You dreamt of bounty and plenty: seven years of abundant harvests and delicious victuals of all kinds.

Your Sister:

Your sister dreamt of famine and starvation: seven years of intense hunger and winter carrying off the sickly and weak for lack of food.

The New Questions:

Now, as predicted, you have the names of the farmsteads and other features in the area before you arrived, the question is do you wish to stick with them or change them? (Or perhaps some of each?)

What Do You Wish To Name The Castle?

A1: Samsonite (This is the original name for the fortress, A bit of self-aggrandizement by its creator. The name is a reference to the founder of the realm and the common ending for the names of types of stone, implying that his realm would be as enduring as the bones of the Earth.)

A2: Castle Samsonite (A very slight re-christening which removes a lot of the arrogance from the name by making it mostly just a place name instead of a ‘new form of rock’.)
    A3: Kaster Partox (Dwarven for "Castle Refuge".)
    A4: Seafoam Castle (In honor of your father, whom you will probably never see again.)
    A5: Sister-Hold Castle (In honor of yourselves, and your intention to hold the castle against all outsiders.)

A6: ^Die Eindringlinge Zitadelle^ (The original Goblin name for the place. Means “The Invaders’ Citadel” in Goblin. [Perhaps not the message you want to send to the surrounding area…?])

A7: ^Die Juwelen Zitadelle^ (A new name acknowledging the heritage of what will most likely be the majority of your vassals but changing the implications to accentuate your exalted position amongst them…[Name means “The-Jeweled-Citadel”.])

What Do You Wish To Name The Valley?

B1: Samson’s Vale (The original Human name for the area.)
    B2: Vitamin Valley (A good name for an isolated farming area.)
    B3: Hearthstone Valley (Recognizing that this will be home for the foreseeable future.)
    B4: Dogget’s Dell (In honor of your first vassal other than your sister.)

B5: ^Die Drachen Narbe^ (Means “The Dragon-Scar” in Goblin. This is the goblin’s old name for the place, before the humans arrived.)

B6: Dragon Scar Valley (Basically the same thing, but in common…)

B7: Caethes’ Portion (Quite the bold statement, giving your sister direct authority over the valley…)

What Do You Wish To Name Your Duchy?

C1: The Land of Samson (The original Human name for the area…)

C2: Heartland (A nice name for a small realm, which can morph into a local name for the core of a bigger land...)

C3: Primaris (A name of ambition and perhaps hubris…)

C4: Swordhold (A name of authority for a realm on the rise.)

C5: ^Drachenwald^ (The Goblin’s name for the region, which means “Dragon-Forest”. [That's not worrying AT ALL… (>_<)])

C6: Gloria's Holding (A little self-aggrandizement would make you feel better about your situation. [On the other hand it might annoy your vassals, who are used to calling it by a similarly self-aggrandizing tyrants’ name. It also could set a dangerous precedent that each person to rise to leadership here may rename the area in honor of themselves… Wars have started over far less than seriously irritating the rest of the world's map makers…])

What Do You Wish To Name The River That Runs Past The Castle?

D1: The Damel (Original Human name for the river. Means 'River' in Dwarven. [Not the most inspired name ever...])
    D2: The Sea-Father (In honor of your father.)
    D3: The River Innsbruck (In honor of your mother: 'Innsbruck' is an archaic word in Trade-Speak [of uncertain origin] for a female innkeeper that owns her own establishment.)
    D4: ^Der Tod des Stierkönigs^ (Means “The Bull-King’s Death” in Goblin, relating to a legend that upstream a bit from the valley a minotaur chieftain was ambushed and drowned in the pool at the bottom of a waterfall.)

As you now have at least 10 vassals you can “automate” one task to be performed every day. Your vassals will do that task without any direct involvement from you every day, freeing you and the rest of your vassals to undertake other tasks. The Items filed under “F” are what you, your sister, and the rest of your vassals not assigned to the automated task do for the day, the more limited set of options under “G” are for the automatic task you assign to the other ten…

(You gain the ability to ‘Automate’ another 10 vassals for each full multiple of 10 up to 100, then 25 vassals for every even multiple of 25 up to 250, then 50 per 50 up to 500, 100 per 100 up to 1000, and so on. ‘Automated’ Vassals will perform the same task until they can no longer do so, at which point I will ask the players what they want them to do next. The players may also, by referendum, change their automated vassals tasks at any time, but doing so takes 2 ‘Days’, one to vote that change is needed, and the second to issue new assignments.)

What should we do tomorrow?
    F1: Find some help! (Many hands make light work, but also mean more mouths to feed. [Conversely however, there is safety in numbers...]) [Low Risk]
    F2: Gather wood. (We need enough stockpiled for all our people to survive AT LEAST 3 months of ice and snow, typically more like 4 but sometimes as much as 6 at this elevation... Right now we have less than a month's worth.) [No Risk]
    F3: Gather Food. (We need enough stockpiled for all our people to survive AT LEAST 3 months of ice and snow, typically more like 4 but sometimes as much as 6 at this elevation... Right now we have less than a week's worth.) [No Risk]
    F4: Explore the Castle. (Who knows, maybe the castle HAS wood and food? Won't know till we've checked the whole thing...[On the other hand, we can do this during the winter more easily than most other activities...]) [Moderate Risk]
    F5: Survey our domain. (We got some good supplies from the farmstead we explored yesterday: perhaps we should look at another tomorrow?) [Low Risk]

F6: Try to re-tame the dogs. (Canis Lupus Familiaris: the Dog: Humanity's oldest ally, staunchest supporter, and most faithful companion. If we can take control of the pack they would be powerful allies. Yes, it would mean more mouths to feed, but we have the meat to spare right now, and with a baying pack of hounds at our beck and call hunting larger animals becomes a real possibility. Furthermore, come winter those dogs will either have become our allies: or turn into vicious and dangerous enemies...) [Moderate Risk.]
    F7: Repair the Keep. (And this is next to last because it's probably more long term, but if we can't defend ourselves everything we've built and collected could be snatched away from us...) [Low Risk]
    F8: Do Something Else? (We COULD spend the day doing just about anything, but it's probably not a good idea.)

"Explore the Castle" and "Survey Our Domain": Each day of exploration 'clears' one building in the castle, of which there are seven, or checks out one farmstead, of which eleven remain. (As far as you know, on both counts...) Both types of exploring carry some degree of risk, exploring the castle especially, but the rewards of success will be greater than 'No Risk' actions, as we have seen already today.

"Try to re-tame the dogs" Each attempt at this uses 2 units of Meat: but the reward will be 5 hunting dogs. Once you have the pack under your control they will eat 1 unit of meat each per day, but the "Go Hunting" action becomes available, which is a "Low Risk" action that yields large quantities of meat, and will be crucial to keeping your larder stocked during the winter. Furthermore, when winter arrives this option becomes "High Risk": the dogs, hungry and cold, become hostile. Lastly, if you have not tamed the dogs come spring, this option ceases to be available altogether. They will have lived out the winter without humans; their journey to the dark side of Feral Animals will be complete.

"Repair the Keep" Uses 1 'Timber' or 'Stone' per day. Full Repair requires 40 Timber and 20 Stone, plus at least 1 follower with each of the "Wood-Wright" and "Stonemason" specialties to use more than 1/4th Timber requirement or any Stone, respectively. For each 5 Timber or Stone expended Keep's "Defense" bonus increases by 1. At certain levels of repair it's Space and Administration capacities also increase.

"Do Something Else?": If you have another suggestion for what you and your sister do, leave it in a parenthetical comment. Some possibilities: Go Fishing (You don't have nets, lines, or fishhooks), Explore Up or Down The River (You could run into just about anything...), Fix up the Kitchens or Servant's Quarters (You don't have brick, mortar, tables, jars, pots, knives, cooking utensils, or cutting boards: nor hammers, nails, varnish, paint, wallpaper, cotton, wool, hemp, thread, cloth, straw, or down...), Take A Day To 'Rest' (You can 'rest' all winter...), Practice Magic (On What?), or Practice Sword-Fighting (Again, on what?).

What should our other vassals do tomorrow?

G1: Gather wood. (We need enough stockpiled for all our people to survive AT LEAST 3 months of ice and snow, typically more like 4 but sometimes as much as 6 at this elevation... Right now we have less than a month's worth.) [No Risk]
    G2: Gather Food. (We need enough stockpiled for all our people to survive AT LEAST 3 months of ice and snow, typically more like 4 but sometimes as much as 6 at this elevation... Right now we have less than a week's worth.) [No Risk]
    G3: Survey our domain. (We got a great outcome from the farmstead we explored today: perhaps we should look at another tomorrow?) [Low Risk]
    G4: Repair the Keep. (And this is last because it's probably more long term, but if we can't defend ourselves everything we've built and collected could be snatched away from us...) [Low Risk]

G5: Don’t You Know, You Never Split the Party?! (Don’t set an automated task right now: safety in numbers and all that… [If you wish to set one later it will take two days to set one up…])

Time to vote!

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    moonblack likes this.
  16. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

A7
    B6
    C2
    D: Caethes’ River

F3
    G2

We need more food - we are already low, and if we try to tame the dogs we will be even lower (especially if successful). So first we should gather more food, then we can try taming the dogs. Once we have the dogs we can try hunting. At that time we should also gather some wood.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  17. Nemo of Utopia

BTW, voting remains open till Tuesday, or we get at least 3 sets of votes, (and I notice...) then I Update with whatever we have at that point.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  18. Nemo of Utopia

And, just so all is clear: by "whatever we have at that point" I am being literal. If all we have is a single vote on any item or even no votes on an item that's what we go with. If there are ties or items with no Votes I will chose which one wins! You have most of a week; make your opinion known!

19. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Goblins are speaking german you say, hmm...
    A5
    B6
    C3
    D3
    F3
    G2
    I agree with moonblack - food is a priority.

20. Nemo of Utopia

Well, it has come to Wednesday which is the day AFTER Tuesday, but I am presently in a situation where I am not able to type one of the massive screeds of information which are nessecary to update this game. (My mother is having surgery.) Therefore, the update will be delayed until I am back at home, or somewhere else where I can type the full update.

Stay Frosty, I'm not going to let this drop again right off.