New Game Ideas: 5 Paths to Choose

Discussion in 'RPG Advertisment' started by Nemo of Utopia, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

After reading over several of the games on here I am interested in trying my hands on running a little game. I have five different ideas.

1: Daughter of Soviet Russia: you are a young woman from the middle of the Soviet Era in Russia. You have been selected for an experiment in Para-dimensional travel. It works, but the researchers don't realize it. You are now alone in a world where there is no CCCP: what do you do next?

2: Ace of the Fleet: You are a fighter pilot in a futuristic star navy. You will fly various missions against the enemies of humanity. Between times you might, if the players are interested, get some 'action' of a different kind...

3: For Queen And Country: each player takes on the role of a heroic adventurer in service to the Queen of Lore. (From my D&D Dynastic Delving story.) You go around battling monsters and the wicked in exchange for cash.

4: Death Rides A Pale Steed: You are death. You ride around on your bone white Harley carrying people on to the afterlife. Sometimes there is some disagreement over weather or not it's time for them to go, and/or where they are supposed to end up...

5: Draco Invictus: each player takes on the role of a dragon. You are a young group of hatchlings, (known as a fledge,) undertakeing the Rathura; the trial that separates children from young adults. Successfully completing the trial will mean you have territory of your own and some breathing room to become greater than you once were: failure... Is not an option.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  2. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

The one I like best is "For Queen And Country" because I like both fantasy and the "Dynastic Delving" story. It should be easy for me to get into it even if my D&D knowledge is very limited..

3. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

I like the idea of “Ace of the Fleet” (career in military, various adventures and space opera!), but I find “Death Rides A Pale Steed” concept fascinating – the stories of death and beyond have so much potential in them and they could come in so many different forms (different times, places, characters).

Zingiber likes this.
  4. Zingiber

Zingiber Really Really Experienced

Seems like that one would have a couple of obvious introductory angles that would put you straight into the story. You're just completing a successful drop-off, chatting with your passenger along the last mile, then turn round for your next job. Or there's a dramatic scene, which you get to come in on as a "rescuer", "Let's get you out of here, hey?" to be followed by a negotiation or a ride.

5. Nemo of Utopia

Looks like we have some interest in the "Death Rides A Pale Steed" concept, but I'm not going to launch it until we have at least three people behind a given concept...

6. GenericEditor168

GenericEditor168 Really Really Experienced CHYOA Backer

If this is still planned, I'll throw my weight behind Draco Invictus. Failing that, For Queen And Country.

7. Nemo of Utopia

Well, looks like we have some interest in most of the stories. However, I'm not going to launch any of them at this time for two reasons:
    1: have recently come to the conclusion that I can only do justice to one game at a time as a GM, and the game that gets that honor is and must be the Rogue Trader game I run for my family.
    And 2: there still isn't three people behind any one idea.

However, be not disheartened! If the players are Ok with the games getting updated "whenever I find time"* I will still launch each game to get 3 supporters!

*(Probably less than once a week...)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Zingiber likes this.
  8. Nemo of Utopia

Due to the normal site being sabotaged I am looking at launching one or more of these games earlier than expected: I need a "sudden death" vote from those who have expressed interest:

A: I would be willing to play in both "Death Rides A Pale Steed" AND "For Queen And Country".
    B: I am willing to Play "For Queen And Country" BUT NOT "Death Rides A Pale Steed".
    C: I am willing to Play "Death Rides A Pale Steed" BUT NOT "For Queen And Country".
    D: EAT SHIT AND DIE! I'M NOT GOING TO PLAY YOUR STUPID GAMES!

If either game, or both, gets to 3 votes I will try to have it open for participants within 24 hours.

(Important Note: The other games are not off the table, they're just not open for this "sudden death" vote...)

9. GenericEditor168

GenericEditor168 Really Really Experienced CHYOA Backer

B: I am willing to Play "For Queen And Country" BUT NOT "Death Rides A Pale Steed".

10. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

11. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

A - I'm in for both!

12. Nemo of Utopia

That's three for "For Queen And Country" I'll launch it ASAP.

13. Nemo of Utopia

The initial character creation thread is up now: anyone who wants to play should go over and Start Character Creation!

(I must also note that "Death Rides A Pale Steed" is still on the table, just like the rest of them...)