The Tower of Voices Voting Thread

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by TheLeherengin, Mar 19, 2021.

1. TheLeherengin

TheLeherengin Really Really Experienced

2. Boodalian

Boodalian Experienced

For reverence, the officer fight: https://chyoa.com/chapter/Prison-Riot.1505144

I can think of some ways to get an upper hand, but I somehow can't imagine that these will be a issue. I suppose there might be knock-on effects of outright attacking them but that is only relevant if there is an other option to work with.

I suppose we could get credentials if we know where to find some, or forge some if we know what they should look like. We could try bluffing our way through, either make something up or lean on Maple's (pre Sally) credentials. I would suggest keeping ready for a fight just in case, not much sense taking risks for the peaceful approach when we can just scrap the.

3. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

Yeah, let's just blast these chumps.

We should identify to see what resistances they have and then hit them with everything we got.

Undermine and Force Lance should work and Lemiel's rays should do some good damage too. We might also cast energize on Lemiel since she has arcane flux

Lri do your usual illusion and stealth combo.

If Rifles won't be all that effective we should try to get some use out of our melee fighter too, so Cherchiel slash them with your plasma sword. I don't want to have you go Boarchiel for this encounter, since I think we need you relatively not horny for what's to come.

Maple, it's time to test out your new toy, while I don't really am to keen of wasting bolts, we do want to see what it can do so use that handbow

Isalia, uh...if things really get out of hand I but you on EMP duty. Chug some grenades at them if needed.

These stun guns might be an issue, I don't think the suits protect us against those since it isn't magic, but ultimately I think we can just overpower them.

4. huginn

huginn Really Experienced

Gambio's plan sounds good. Though, I'd prefer if Lri started with illusion of Yulia claiming that she is chosen and requesting the group beingallowed to pass.

5. TheLeherengin

6. huginn

Apparently we had no valid credentials. We don't need more equipment. So I don't think we need to check storage first. Rather we can move directly to Operations Control Console.

7. TheLeherengin

I mean using identify sort of gave up on any chance to potentially present credentials as it's considered a hostile action.

8. Boodalian

Boodalian Experienced

Well, that went predictably. The rail gun appears to be as good as a plasma rifle, so might as well put it away for now.

It's possible that Goma is being stored, so we could check there. I feel like just getting on with the job and checking later makes the most sense. We could also try shutting down (destroying) production from where we are but I don't see much point.

9. Miss-Emmie

Miss-Emmie Experienced

It might be worth it to poke our heads into storage to double check that Goma and Maple's brother (Des?) aren't in there since they could be used as hostages. We don't need to get them battle ready if we find them, just get them away from where Sally can get them. Otherwise, we should head straight to the Operations Console.

10. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

Yeah that was about what I expected XD

So same damage as the rifle, eh? But unlike the rifle we should be able to use the rail gun on other floors, plus the aimbot will probably come in handy down the line

We probably shouldn't waste any further bolts on this floor however unless absolutely needed.

I guess we can head into storage first, Sally doesn't have any big robots left and we can deal with the small one's easily enough. So might as well search the place properly

11. TheLeherengin

12. huginn

This does, indeed, look like a mistake. At least Goma seems to be fine for now.

For escaping now is the fact that Del is not here. Yulia and others may have to search for him anyway after defeating Sally.

On the other claw, the tile is Sally's last gambit. So other this fight sally should have significantly less means to threaten us.

13. Miss-Emmie

Miss-Emmie Experienced

I'd argue that, while this is a difficult situation, we at least have the chance to make it out with Goma. Sally could have made this threat if we'd gone directly for her, and we'd have no means to rescue Goma and the baby in that scenario.

Here's my suggestion: Lri use her fishbowl to create an illusion of Isalia, Yulia casts Cloak on Isalia, then Lri also vanishes. Sally will be watching out for Lri, who will be doing her normal ambush tactics, and forget about Isalia. That's when our knight in invisible armor grabs Goma and the baby, and we focus on withdrawing. Everyone else employs the same tactics as usual until Isalia pulls off the rescue and we can withdraw.

14. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

100 machine means a +100 flat out of the gate

That sounds impressive but we ended the last fight at a -70

This is doable.

It goes however without saying that we have to go all out here.

Yulia

cast

Energize on Lri, Lemiel, Cherchiel (36%)

Icicle (7%)

Undermine ( 12%)

Blizzard (2%)

Lightning Strike (7%)

Fireball ( 7%)

Force Lance ( 7%)

total cost: 78%

After your spells are done, fire at the robots with your rifle

Cherchiel

Turn into boarchiel and go wild on the enemy

Lemiel, your magic worked great last time, so let's try that again.

Use angelic rays and then move to close quarter combat.

Isalia and Maple

Pick the enemy of with your rifles. Try to stay moving

Lri

Fishbowl of illusion should distract at least some enemies, after it's sneaking time. Try to get some backstab kills in.

Everyone:

Make liberal use of your EMP grenades. With the enemy so big in number we should get some great use out of them. There is no need to hold back

15. Boodalian

Boodalian Experienced

Difficult but doable sounds about right. Go all out and hold nothing back.

I don't know if there is a path to Goma, but if there is Lri should try and get to Goma. Once there Yulia use cloak so they can sneak back out. While this is going on everyone else can make a fighting retreat.

If things are looking bad, you need to retreat. Losing people here would be very bad and leave us seriously undermanned. If this happens, Lri should hide (using an illusion to appear as if she also retreated) and follow Goma. Look for a way to get her out or tell us where she is.

16. huginn

check for other exits from the Storage. If you are getting surrounded, don't hesitate o fall back through suitable exit and use it as a chokepoint. EMP grenades should be very useful at that point. Also, Maple keep an eye on Goma. If one of the robots threatens her, use your crossbow if needed.

17. TheLeherengin

Monday falls on April Fools today which also happens to be the day Yulia will be coming out with the results of this big dangerous fight... I just want to make it clear, I will not be intentionally killing off a bunch of characters as an april fools prank... :D

huginn likes this.
  18. huginn

That is not ominous at all ...

19. TheLeherengin

20. huginn

Let's welcome Goma and her baby, see if the baby has a name and cast identify on them.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024