Post bug reports here!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by airwreck, Jul 15, 2014.

1. CBandit

CBandit Virgin

Fetish would be a lot more accurate. It's not really family on family, it's more like a guy gets introduced to someone else's family and he bounces around.

2. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I changed the category to Fetish. Happy writing!

3. CBandit

CBandit Virgin

You are a class act. Thank you!

Friedman likes this.
  4. JohnDoe117

JohnDoe117 Virgin

I think I "broke" a chapter of mine. It's not loading and is getting a consistent Bad Gateway (Error 502) error.

5. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

I removed the images from the chapter.

If you want to use images don't drop them into the chapter but link to them within the parentheses of the syntax for images.

TheLowKing likes this.
  6. TheLowKing

TheLowKing Really Really Experienced

This issue seems to be giving y'all a lot of work. Ever thought about fixing it? :p

7. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I just looked at that. How do you even drag pictures in there? For me they are rejected by the browser/editor.

I tried it on macOS Chrome and Safari.

8. TheLowKing

Windows + Firefox + rich text editor. Also can't reproduce it.

Unrelateed bug I ran across while trying to switch to the plain text editor (to test that too): got the error "Username already taken" when submitting the change in my settings. I mean, yes, obviously my username is taken. By me. :p

me.jpg

Friedman likes this.
  9. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Thank you, TheLowKing! :)

I think it's due to autofill or a password manager. Can you check that?

TheLowKing likes this.
  10. TheLowKing

There is no input field for username, so I can't clear that. I cleared one or both of the password field (which was indeed autofilled) and the email field (which was set by the server in its value attribute), no change in behaviour.

...Ah! Found the username field, it was hidden behind the 'Change username' toggle. Clicked that, cleared the username field, cleared the password field (to avoid "The password confirmation does not match"), and now it works. I feel like a couple of checks on this behaviour (new username == old username, password correct, password confirmation empty) could avoid this unintuitive behaviour.

Tried the drag-drop-image thing with the plain text editor, and encountered no issues with it either.

Friedman likes this.
  11. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Thanks, TheLowKing! I changed the behavior. If the same username is entered in the input field, the input will now be ignored.

TheLowKing likes this.
  12. TheLowKing

Thanks! Tested and confirmed the username field is now ignored. I still need to manually clear the password field, though, it would be nice if that wasn't necessary.

Friedman likes this.
  13. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Thanks for checking! I added autocomplete instructions to the password fields. Perhaps this will prevent it from being filled out.

TheLowKing likes this.
  14. TheLowKing

I went to test it thinking it wouldn't work (ran into similar issues on other sites), but it does! Thanks again!

Friedman likes this.
  15. Jrose0

Jrose0 Virgin

16. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

I removed the image from the chapter.

If you want to use images don't drop them into the chapter but link to them within the parentheses of the syntax for images.

17. I can't access the header dropdowns (favorites, messages, notifications). I can click on them, but the dropdown doesn't appear. Console gives me "Uncaught Error: Permission denied to access property "ownerDocument""

18. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Thanks for your report! Which browser and operating system do you use?

19. Firefox 123.0.1 and Windows 11 build 22631.3296

EDIT: Not sure if you've done anything yet, but it's working now

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
    Friedman likes this.
  20. buyerinternet

buyerinternet Virgin

I'm getting quite a few errors using the site tonight, including 502 Bad Gateway messages from Cloudflare and an inability to leave comments.