The Tower of Voices Voting Thread

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by TheLeherengin, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

Defeating Sally here won't erase her, so we don't really need to hold back, if we want to show mercy we can do later when we are in a much better position.

I tried checking the last chapters to see if we should just destroy or hack the console but I think destroying it should get the job done

Identify to start out with to see if she or the shields have any immunities

Attacking Sally probably won't be doing much and I imagine these shields will regenerate.

I agree, a full assault should get the job done, since the shields aren't capable of covering the console completely, we can just attack from a wide enough range to break through.

Yulia

cast

Energize on Lri, Lemiel, Cherchiel (36%) then use your remaining of your magic depending on what Identify tells us.

Cherchiel, I actually put you on rear guard for once, we can't dismiss that Sally will ambush us with some more robots while we are concentrating on the console. I'd like you to intercept if it comes to that. No Boarchiel this time, since I like you to be aware of your surroundings

Lemiel, you know how much I like your angelic rays, so fire them at the enemy, after that it's just rifle duty

Goma, sound the fucking horn(I was waiting to finally be able to say that again) I don't think puppet will be effective against machines, but might as well try it, otherwise just stay back fire your rifle/toss grenades

Lri, an illusion might force the shields to divert their attention, although I don't think it will help us all that much, so yeah mostly you will be on rifle and grenade duty too

Isalia and Maple, toss EMP grenades and fire your rifle at will

2. TheLeherengin

TheLeherengin Really Really Experienced

3. Boodalian

Boodalian Experienced

Man. I should have insisted on converting some of those emp grenades to frag grenades. I imagine destroying the console with those wouldn't be too hard.

Right, let's go through it.

Destroying the console will clearly do the job.

The hologram can't just create weapons, otherwise it would have done so. The only threat is it trying direct physical attacks. I'm am going to guess it can't change form, and being strong enough to pick people up seems improbable, but don't assume it is entirely unthreatening. Especially as it knows it needs a non-ranged attack of some kind.

The gun is clearly a problem, but it also exists so can be destroyed, although it might be impractical.

Damper fields could mean almost anything from some things are resistant to emp to emps just don't work, the reality is probably in the middle somewhere. Considering just how many grenades we have we should be able to just throw more if they are effective, you will need to be flexible here and see what works.

The shields are vulnerable to electricity. So unless it is fooling identify somehow (I'm fairly sure that's impossible), lighting will probably be able to take them down, otherwise guns if they are still working or emp grenades are a good bet.

The hidden devices presumably include the dampers and "other surprises". I'm really not sure if I can say anything helpful here. Be careful I guess (Yulia especially, she might be relying on the surprises to get you).

Oh, and the only deal I'm prepared to accept is you give us Del. But that seems unlikely.

Right, how to deal with this. I think we need to focus on winning, trying to whittle down its capabilities seems like it will be hard. So invisible and illusions for everyone who can. Use lighting to disable the shields and rush through the gap. Even if you are hit once, if you can get through you can always use a not tech weapon to just smash the thing.

We could also just go for overwhelming number of attacks, we do have 7 people, and the shields and console does seem to be vulnerable to getting shot

4. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

I thought last time was the last chance to surrender?

Also that's the same fucking deal you gave us last time when you weren't cornered, I would have accepted it back then but alas my fellow voices are way too bloodthirsty

Basically, we demand more. Obviously we are not handing over the Kitty. I don't particularly care about Del, but the rest of the voices are probably drooling at the thought of shutting you down, so you got to hand him over too.

Here's my counter deal: All of us, including Martin and Del(you can keep Dreg) will leave this floor. You may then continue whatever the hell you want

You should be smart enough to realize that this is the best deal you are going to get. Refuse and the terms of our next deal won't be anywhere near this generous.

5. huginn

huginn Really Experienced

Perhaps we should cast identify on the console while we are negotiating.

It looks like the lightning should shut down the shields for a moment as well.

That is really generous offer. I would have required at least Sally leaving this floor to the residents and joining us for the tenth floor.
    Also, Sally, tell us where Del is and what is his part in you turning into despotic overlord.

6. Miss-Emmie

Miss-Emmie Experienced

Sorry Sally, maybe if you'd given Goma and the baby back without a fight as a gesture of goodwill, we could have negotiated. But we've come too far to back down. This fight won't be easy, but I'm confident we'll win.

7. TheLeherengin

8. huginn

For the next fight we may want to turn some EMP grenades into explosive grenades.

The question now is whether Del is still alive. Hopefully we will find that out in the Administration.

9. Miss-Emmie

Miss-Emmie Experienced

I'm curious about why Sally gets so nervous about Del. I don't think it's a simple matter of him being stored separately from the other residents of this floor. I can think of a couple possibilities. 1. Del, like the Wizard of Oz, is the man behind the curtain. He's been controlling Sally, or at least guiding her, this entire time. 2. The more morbid thought is that Del somehow died, and that's why Sally is so obsessed with preserving life. Although I don't think this option quite lines up with the timeline of events as Maple described.

There's something up though. Maple, just make sure you're ready for anything when we get to Administration.

Oh and we should also use Identify on that pistol that Cherchiel nabbed for us.

10. Boodalian

Boodalian Experienced

Well done, there is no amount of thinking and planning that we voices can do to deal with every unknown trap. Also I'm really glad we rescued Goma, we would have been sunk without her.

Let's convert some of the grenades into every other type we can, having options can't hurt and the emp dampening seems to be the worst kind. Identifying the new pistol also sounds good. And check for more useful resources, a machine core or two would be nice.

It seems Sally has a fair bit of freedom to move, in this room at least, so in future we need to keep a better eye on her. On the plus side multiples and shape-shifting seems to be off the table. And this really felt like a last stand, that was a lot of tricks she pulled at once so she probably doesn't have anything better.

What was with those sirens? Taking out Lemiel and Yulia at once is bad, I presume these are the anti magic beacons. I would like to have some kind of countermeasure ready just in case. Any ideas? Earplugs?

I don't see much else we can do about most of the other tricks. Where is the supply of gel for the stasis cannon coming from? Could we disrupt that somehow?

11. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

Well, that was a bit too close for comfort, but with this the rest of the floor should be a cakewalk. Sally will probably soon regret not having taken our deal

I don't really have much more to add then what was already been said, let's identify our new toy, convert some of our grenades and then finish this

12. TheLeherengin

13. Boodalian

Boodalian Experienced

Well then, that was interesting. I will hazard a guess that being the chosen or an angel isn't going to magic us into the best timeline. And frankly I don't think us voices are qualified to really decide anything here.

From a purely pragmatic standpoint, the more people we have on the next floor the better our chances of getting everyone out safely (with goals achieved ect), and in theory doesn't cost anything. But I can't force anything on anyone.

We also need to decide what to do with Sally. Unless she will have some roll running the city (sensibly) in the near future we should just take her down permanently, a temporary shutdown just risks a repeat and if we have a fix she will be helpful in getting the city back to normal.

14. huginn

If temporarily means until Maple reactivates Sally, I would suggests temporary deactivation.

15. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

Don't give up too easily Maple. The very reason Yulia is in this tower in the first place is to find a cure for a disease.

Science can't help Del, but magic might.

Yulia, I'd like you to run identify on Del, see if we get any information on what's wrong with him. Hell, maybe a simple cure would do the trick

I'd also like you to use identify on God's halo. It probably won't be as easy as just smacking that thing on Del, but who knows?

We also have access to some near omnipotent allies(?) in the form of Dreg, Alide and Dahlia. They might have some deal to offer to safe Del. It probably will be a crap one, but there's nothing wrong with at least asking.

Above all else though, advancing through the tower is our best shot. There's only two floors left after all and the reward for all this hassle better be worth it.

Anyways now for the fun part.

I don't want to shut Sally down at all. Instead I suggest we download her programming into a more harmless form. I would suggest one of the sexbots. The bunny one would be my choice.

Outside of this floor, Sally will require mana to function, which will be an easy safeguard, should she go rogue.

Of course, that means we have to take her with us. There is literally no downside in having a robot bunnygirl as an ally.

16. huginn

If there is a way to take Sally with us that would be preferable. We don't have to deactivate her and she is not left on this level to cause havoc.

We also need to solve powering the plasma rifles and suits outside this level before continuing.

17. Miss-Emmie

Miss-Emmie Experienced

There's no way this can be fixed with the Cure spell. Sally already mentioned they tried magic, and if it were that simple she would've made a deal with us ages ago. As for Dreg, Alide, and Dahlia; Dreg probably left after we beat the floor boss, and even if he didn't I don't think his dream magic would help; Alide already left the floor as well; and Dahlia didn't even appear on this floor. I don't think we'll get any help from them. Maybe Identify could give us something to work with? But I don't see much we can do beyond leaving Del in there until Maple's ready to pull him out and say her goodbyes.

As for Sally, I don't think we need to shut her down. She would need to submit to certain measures to ensure this doesn't start back up as soon as we leave, but this was ultimately a misguided attempt to protect the people of this floor. She deserves to suffer some sexy punishments from any of the ladies in the party who want to dish it out, but that's it. In the long run, it'd probably be better for this floor's safety and health for Sally to still be around since future Chosen and other residents of the Tower may not be as nice as us.

In short I vote we leave Del as he is, and let Sally live.

18. Boodalian

Boodalian Experienced

I really need to get better at thinking outside the box. I agree with Emmie that just magic isn't likely to do much. But Gambio is right, we have the halo of cheating death. My worry is that it won't also cure whatever it is and we just end up back at the start but less one halo, try identify on the halo and see if that says it will work.

Asking Dreg or Dahlia is worth a shot (I agree we won't be able to find Alide again this floor). There is no reason that Dahlia wouldn't be here, and she usually is somewhere unless there is a reason for her not to be. Dreg probably won't help, but no harm in asking (but if he asks for payment just to answer the question then he probably can't).

Taking Sally with us is a fun option, it does neatly get around the issue with if she will continue being helpful or not (by postponing it).

19. TheLeherengin

20. huginn

Letting Sally be punished wouldn't really be helpful for future. We'll want Sally to work with us not be dragged along against her will. So , I believe we are ready to move on after seeing to Sally's equipment.

We should get her armour and some kind of weapon, possibly her own gun.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024