Intrigue RPG (System and character creation)

Discussion in 'RPG Information' started by bastardlydastard, Apr 2, 2017.

1. bastardlydastard

bastardlydastard Really Experienced

Yep. I already planned for it when I read your backstory.

2. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Okay, an edited version of my character:
    Name: Reana Taerin
    Appearance: Raven-black shoulder-length hair (used to reach to the middle of her back at one time, but she cut it), blue eyes, D-cup breasts, slightly above average height. Prefers to wear dresses, especially ones that show off her ample bosom.

She is from a family where the number '4' is believed to be linked to death. The reason for that is that for centuries the fourth child born to a member of the family always died at the age of 4. She is the first exception in more than three centuries. When she turned 4 she almost died several times due to various illnesses, but eventually she survived and turned 5, much to her parents' surprise and joy.

She has four siblings: 2 older brothers, an older sister and a younger sister.

Due to all the illnesses that almost killed her she has never been very strong physically. As a result she has never been very interested in physical activities, such as combat or warfare. Instead she prefers to use her looks and charisma to seduce and deceive others, especially pretty girls. She has studied quite a bit about Finances and has also learned about Espionage. She is strong-willed and perceptive.

During the centuries the Taerin family's power and fortune has waxed and waned. Currently it is on the rise once again, and Reana intends to help with said rise.

Province:
    Located in the south-east, most of the main trade routes from the eastern forests to the ports in the south pass through it. Unsurprisingly, the main source of income is trade. Recently several large deposits of iron ore were discovered in some of the hills in the province. The Taerin family intends to build a mine and start producing iron, but that will no doubt displease a number of families from the west and the north... So for now the Taerins are just gathering resources and gaining new connections.

There are some forests and farmlands in the province – enough to cover the needs of the people living there, but not enough to trade them away.

Officially Reana is on her own at the ball looking for a husband/wife, as she wants to be her own woman instead of always relying on her family's wealth. Unofficially (according to some unreliable rumors) she was kicked out of home after she was caught with her fingers inside the quim of a family member (her younger sister, older sister, mother, or even all three, depending on the version). When asked about the rumors she just rolls her eyes and says that she has no control over what ridiculous rumors people choose to believe. In reality she has the full support of her family and the rumors are just an excuse for the rest of her family to distance themselves from her, so that her eventual failure won't affect them as much as it would normally.

Traits:
    Lesbian-leaning bi – Reana, while bisexual, prefers women. It's easier for her to seduce females (+1 when she attempts to seduce a female) but also easier for females to seduce her (-1 to willpower when she is seduced by females). At the same time it is harder for her to seduce males (-1 when attempting to seduce a male) but also male characters have it harder to seduce her (+1 to willpower when she is seduced by males).

Stat: Modifier
    Martial: +0
    Warfare: +1

Finance: +2+1 = 3
    Deception: +3+1 = 4
    Espionage: +2

Seduction: +3+1 = 4
    Charisma: +3+1 = 4
    Command: +1

Perception: +2+1 = 3
    Willpower: +3
    Fortitude: +0

HP: 1

Money: 1000 gold pieces

Not sure what to do about bannermen yet. Any thoughts?

bastardlydastard likes this.
  3. bastardlydastard

Mercenaries, perhaps? A small contingent of her family's overall forces? You can also chose not to have any bannermen at all, though there is no advantage to doing so.

4. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

So, something like this:
    Reana has 100 of family's bannermen at her disposal (most of them female). She has also hired mercenaries to protect her: Isabel's Valkyries – 100 women, experienced warriors skilled with various weapons and led by a half-elf named Isabel. They don't know the real reason Reana is there, and they don't care as long as they get paid regularly. Isabel has made it clear that she would be more than happy to get paid with sex instead of money, should Reana be so inclined.

Anna and Lea – a pair of human girls, the same age as Reana. They are her personal maids, guards and bed warmers.

5. bastardlydastard

Yep, like that, except you start out with 100 banner men, not 200. So, keep one of the two, or cut both down to 50, and you are all set.

6. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

7. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

I've edited my background somewhat, can you tell me if it's OK?

8. bastardlydastard

It's still good. No problems.

9. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

I wasn't sure if it was kosher to have made some investments in advance, but if that's fine, YAY!