Dungeon Keeper: The Beginning: OCC and Info: Old (Not being watched.)

Discussion in 'RPG Information' started by Nemo of Utopia, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

This thread is to host discussion of the "Dungeon Keeper: the Beginning" game and for me to keep an accounting of the present state of the realm in one post because I have already seen that it is going to get way to cumbersome to keep track of in the main thread.

Here is the current state of the realm:

Current State of Your Domain:

Resources, Goods, Tools, Weapons, and Armor:

Axes (Tool/Weapon): 1 = 1

Brigantine Jack [Women's, Low Quality, Damaged] (Armor): 1

Clothing [Women's, Low Quality, Damaged] (Goods/Armor): 4

Clothing [Men's, Low Quality, Damaged] (Goods/Armor): 2

Food: (48 + 12) / 2 People = 30 days.
    (Ration Level: Near Starvation [1/3 = 1 Unit of Food Per Person Per Day.]. Full Rations: 10 Days / 2 People = 5 Days [8+2]. Food Balance: 6 Dairy, 6 Fruit, 12 Grain, 18 Meat, 12 Vegetable.)

Firewood: (18 + 18) / ([2 People / 5] Round Up.) = 36 Days.

Leather [Uncured]: 6 = 6

Timber: 6 = 6.

Water: Up to 4,000 gallons per day. [(Unnamed) River: Not Polluted, Not Frozen.]

Items:
    Personal Sledge [Low Quality] (Transport): 1 = 1

Special Items:
    "+ULFBURHT+": (Magical Silver Sword with several abilities, not all of which are known and most of which can't be used.)

Buildings:

(Unnamed) Castle [Keep, Ruined, Partially Unexplored]:
    Space: 50K sq ft. (6K Used - 44K 'Ruined' = 0 Available.) Occupancy: 2/20. Protection Bonus: +1. Administration: 3/20 (3/100)
    Facilities: Cistern [Holds 2,000 Gallons of Potable Water], Grand Kitchen [Cooking Facilities for 20. (200 if fully repaired and staffed...) Being used as emergency living area: holds 2/18.] (Partially Ruined), Treasury (Housing: 2 gp, 1153 sp, 19470 cp.), Main Servant's Quarters (Ruined), Laundry (Ruined), Great Hall (Ruined); (Upper Floors: Unknown)...

(Unnamed) Castle [Tower 1, Unexplored]:
    ???

(Unnamed) Castle [Tower 2, Unexplored]:
    ???

(Unnamed) Castle [Tower 3, Unexplored]:
    ???

(Unnamed) Castle [Tower 4, Unexplored]:
    ???

(Unnamed) Castle [Tower 5, Unexplored]:
    ???

(Unnamed) Castle [Gatehouse, Unexplored]:
    ???

(Unnamed) Castle [Wall 1, Ruined]:
    Defense Bonus: +1

(Unnamed) Castle [Wall 2, Destroyed]:
    Defense Bonus: -1

(Unnamed) Castle [Wall 3, Partially Ruined]:
    Defense Bonus: +3

(Unnamed) Castle [Wall 4, Slightly Damaged]:
    Defense Bonus: +10

(Unnamed) Castle [Wall 5, Intact.]:
    Defense Bonus: +15

(Unnamed) Castle [Wall 6, Badly Damaged]:
    Defense Bonus: +5

(Unnamed) Small Farmstead [Ruined, Looted.]:
    Space: 0/0 (0/10). Productivity: 0/0 (0/5)

Populous

Dramatist Personae:
    You: Gloriana of Magecraft.
    7th level Summoner.
    70 HP
    210MP

Your Sister: Caethes of the Silver Blade
    5th Level Warrior.
    250HP
    50MP

Dreams

You:
    Day 1:

You Were Too Exhausted To Dream.
    Day 2:
    Dreamed of hunting & being hunted.
    Day 3:
    You have had a dream in the night, in one part of it you saw you and your sister stand alone against a group of Solar Crusaders and die, in the other you had a small band of minions and though some of the minions died you and your sister lived...
    Day 4:
    Your dreams are fractured phantom things you cannot clearly recall upon waking.

Your Sister:
    Day 1:

Your Sister Was Too Exhausted To Dream As Well.
    Day 2:
    No Recollection of any Dreams.
    Day 3:
    Caethes reports the same general dream you did, except the positions were different and instead of human minions you had goblin servants...
    Day 4:
    Your sister reports dreaming of being touched by many hands, and blessing all who so touched her.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  2. Nemo of Utopia

I'm sorry to say it but I don't know if I will ever be able to get past this nasty case of writers block I have for this game. It was fun, but don't expect another update any time soon...

3. Nemo of Utopia

Well, I sort of DID: rather I found the already finished update that caused it in the first place! If any of the old crowd are willing to give this a go again, I'm willing to try running it again...

4. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

I updated my post with votes for A and D. The rest remain unchanged.

5. Nemo of Utopia

I find using IRL languages is more elegant, simpler, and more effective than trying to make something up: For Example, the Elves Speak French, Troll's Norwegian, Dragons Gaelic, etc, ad-nauseum: Where "Trade Speak"/"Common" is a mix of everything: I.E., English.

6. dick88

dick88 Experienced

I also found that basing fictional cultures and languages on IRL ones easier for everyone to get an idea of what they are getting into. The less background knowledge (unique world building story aspects) you need to accumulate before playing the better for RP it is.

7. Nemo of Utopia

It's simpler and less annoying to just C/P.

8. Nemo of Utopia

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am finding myself growing distracted by the need to try keeping the top post of this thread updated. I therefore ask for your help doing so. If someone can step up to assisting me with updating the tally of your domain's resources each week I will be able to resume updates.