What would you like to see in an erotic CHYOA novel?

Discussion in 'Story Ideas' started by hematoma, May 6, 2017.

?

What subject matter interests you in a CHYOA novel?

1. contemporary setting, romantic erotica

2. contemporary setting, hardcore erotica

3. fantasy setting. adventure erotica (more like D&D)

4. fantasy setting, dark fantasy erotica (more like GoT)

5. sci-fi setting, erotic adventure

6. sci-fi setting, hardcore erotica

7. other erotica (will describe in a post)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. hematoma

hematoma Really Experienced

This assumes you have any interest in CHYOA novels at all.

I'm an author of erotica and I've been focusing more and more on CHYOA erotica over the past couple years. It's a lot of work, but it's also a lot of fun.

Think of this as an informal RicoLouis style poll.

If you were shopping for a CHYOA novel, what would interest you? Kindle? Physical only? Or are you a stickler about platform-free PDFs?

Would you read a CHYOA from just about any perspective or does it have to be a particular POV to catch your interest?​

For example, I like Callista Hawkes even though her books are always written from a male POV. I prefer 2nd person, but I have written in third person.

I'm also curious about what subject matter interests people. I feel like I have a pretty good grip on that, but I've been known to make mistakes so I'm going to include a poll about subject matter. If you can answer the questions here with a post, it would be much appreciated. If you have more detail about the subject matter that interests you, that is also appreciated.​

As an aside, if anyone has any questions about writing erotica on Kindle I'd be happy to answer them. There are tons of erotica authors but only a handful regularly turning out high-quality CHYOA erotica when ebooks really make that format come alive. I'd love to see more CHYOA vets break into writing for Kindle.

2. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

For one, I did answer the pole, and for another, I would vastly prefer a properly indexed, tagged, and linked PDF to any other platforms.

hematoma likes this.
  3. hematoma

Have you ever bought an erotica like that before? What/where?

I'll admit I am only familiar with web sites and then twine or kindle for creating chyoa but I'm open to anything if there is a market for it.

4. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

No, I never have, but that's because, in-so-far-as-I-know, they don't exist. However, let me be plain: I don't have a kindle, I'm not going to GET a kindle, and even if there's an app for it on Google Play, I won't be downloading it. I am not interested in buying in to their sociopathic money grubbing, nor supporting their exclusionary business practices. I don't like kindle, I would like to see content of this nature in a more accessible format, and I'm interested to see what you'd do with it...

5. FallenSaint

FallenSaint Really Really Experienced

I prefer fantasy settings with a great adventure and story linked to the sex. While I loved the stuff of yours that I already bought hematoma, I would prefer a story with a more open world feeling similar to suburban sex kitten but in a fantasy world. Perhaps starting small and building to an adventure would work best?

hematoma likes this.
  6. mindtheMILF

mindtheMILF Guest

fantasy setting, dark fantasy erotica (more like GoT) An expansive universe seems something I could read.

hematoma likes this.
  7. hematoma

I'm very close to finishing a massive dark fantasy adventure with a co-writer also from CHYOA. It's based on the Princess to Pleasure Slave series but instead of princess the protagonist is a monster huntress. I think you will enjoy it. While it isn't quite possible to do completely open world in CHYOA I think it's much closer, at least in the first act of the story, to Suburban Sex Kitten Adventure. You can go down different paths before you start the main adventure. The main adventure branches as well, between good and evil decisions, but that first part sounds like it would tickle FallenSaint's interest in particular.

mindtheMILF and FallenSaint like this.