A Fantasy Dynasty

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by merkros, Feb 27, 2016.

1. I stated his father's eyes to be green as that had not been stated and I need an eye colour to indicate what had been passed on I left Bryce's eye colour ambiguous so I will leave it up t you

fyreant likes this.
  2. I am starting to head towards areas and themes that I am unfamiliar how writing including things that I am not into just because it fits with the narrative. I may need some help, is there anyone who can help me write a three-way bondage scene with one male dominating and a week long lesbian love fest? Otherwise, I may have to skip some sexy details to get to the action I have planned for the tournaments against the clutches of the dragon-kin.

3. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

As long as you're consistent throughout your story arch, the details such as that don't necessarily have to line up with what other parts of the story say. I believe there is one branch where Lady Vessa has large breasts where when I introduced her I mentioned that she is a bit more of a petite girl.

I find it kind of funny when people suggest that A Fantasy Dynasty has pretty consistent lore, because more often than not my default answer is "Do whatever you want. As long as you don't contradict yourself or go too off-base of the Writer Resource Page".

I really need to update the Resource page...
    The closest thing I've written to a bondage scene was this one from Age of Darkness. So unfortunately I'm not really one to be asking for advice on that subject.

fyreant likes this.
  4. I have decided to just simplify things a bit because I want to get on and do the tournament that I have already drafted for both story paths. Thanks for the advice anyway about Bryce.

5. Can I introduce Werewolves? to elaborate I am thinking more of 'were-beast' where in times of stress, human offspring from a beastfolk and human/elf parents transform to resemble their beastfolk parent as their physically stronger or quicker (or other physical advantage depending of the trait of the animal), more primal and more instinctive animalistic genes take over to help in the survival of the person. for example a man with a human parent and Wolf beastfolk parent will when his life is threatened transform into a traditional werewolf until the danger is passed then the calmer and rational human genes will take over and he will transform back . However, if the beastfolk parent was a cow beastfolk he would become closer to a monitor for the transformation; a cat beastfolk would be a 'werecat' etc.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  6. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

There have been talks about adding werebeasts in the past. A couple of people have shown interest in them. However, nobody has gotten around to actually doing anything with them yet.

Anyway, it's probably fine...The idea that a werebeast would be some sort of Human-Beastfolk "Mutant"(for lack of a better word) is fairly interesting. As long as it's somewhat a rarity. There's been discussion about the kids of human/beastfolk kids in the story and the general outcome is essentially a 50:50 split between the kids being human or beastfolk. It also wouldn't necessarily negate the idea of like...packs of werewolves, because obviously their instincts may be a bit more prevalent and denote to them forming packs like an actual wolf would.

The Dark Traveler likes this.
  7. I read the bit about the 50/50 split with human and beastfolk children and was working on that I am going to make it that some but not all human kids of this mix can transform when under stress I doubt I will introduce a pack as I plan on it being just an in fight or flight response then they go back to being human but I do have two or three werebeast characters planned. thanks for the advice and support any you should see the first of my werebeat characters reveal themselves soon as I have already introduced him.

8. SonOfDusk

SonOfDusk Virgin

I've never got around to writing it, actually.

The Dark Traveler likes this.
  9. I am going to go through my story threads and change the scoring system slightly. I realised I have too many and not all are needed also I am going to introduce pregnancy meters. instead of have a score saying something like Butrexx seeded, butrexx pregnant for example; any main charater who might be pregnant will gain a %bar in the score section with 1% if it turns out they will the bar will increase by 10% for each in story month that passes at 90% + the baby will be born (leaving room for the baby to be born late) If it turns out they are not pregnant and are no longer having sex after 1 or 2 in story months the bar will drop to 0 this will allow for multiple pregnancies and hopefully reduce the amount of text in the scoring system and also help people keep track of who is pregnant, how much time is passing, who is sexually active and who the main character has met. others are welcome to use this idea

10. I will be getting round to adding in my version of werebeasts in a chapter or two after I have made some edits

11. I have edited some parts I can get the bar to increase but not decrease. if I enter a lower score it creates a new bar anyone know what is happening? However, for now, I am going to proceed as planned as I am not close to having characters give birth in all but the stories that I have left open for others which is where I am currently experiencing the problem. Any solutions?

12. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

I'll be honest, I haven't gone through and checked all of your variables to see if they're working or not.

I'll be honest, I'm not really a master at working with the site's variables...So I don't know if I can be too much help.

13. I have checked that the variables work to the best of knowledge and as far as I can tell I am either typing the variable wrong or you can't reduce a variable to 0% so if a character becomes inactive i will make that variable invisible

14. I have just left a thread open with a war about to start against the Dragon-kin after a brutal takeover due to a loss in the tournament. King Bryce has set off to war leaving many pregnant ladies at home the chapter is called He has no choice to https://chyoa.com/chapter/He-has-no-choice-to.354498 if anyone is interested feel free to pick it up. I have a different route already planned.

15. I just found out that the place I am moving to have very limited internet access so I probably won't be able to finish my main thread in the way that I would like So I am going to branch off in an accelerated branch to get most of what I have down in the next week while I still can then I will create my on planned slow version off line but and upload it in bulk if I get a chance to in the holidays. however, I will leave it open if people want to add their own paths or create a slower paced more elaborate/descriptive version of my new speed up thread I would much appreciate someone taking what I am about to add and creating a slower more branched version of my thread.

16. Omega98

Omega98 CHYOA Guru

GAH!!!

After almost a year of writer's block I've finally finished the next chapter!

Now I have to wait a week and then proofread the damned thing. Then get to work on the alternate branches so that they aren't dead-ends. Then I have to link them all back together with the next installment, where I get to include all of the information I didn't put in this one.

Hmm... maybe this feeling of accomplishment is somewhat undue.

:(

merkros likes this.
  17. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

It's okay. It's more than i've accomplished over the last month or two.

18. Zingiber

Zingiber Really Really Experienced

Cheers to the loyal writers. I've been stuck for a while about some of the "King's Own" plot directions -- maybe I need to think several choices ahead and fill in the details. (The regency council's revenge/punishment line for Bryce's dereliction of duty was pretty heavy to write; I could try branching off the alternatives where the King doesn't drag his feet).

19. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

Hello!

I have returned and have brought a revamped Writer's Resource Page along for the ride. I've been working on it for much of the day and am very tired. For the new Resource page, I wanted more room to work and something that was less of a big blob of information.

If there's anything that I've missed or suggestions to make it better feel free to tell me here or send me a message. I tried to trawl through the story the best that I could. However, I cannot promise that I didn't forget something or miss some things.

Where did all of these chapters come from? There's more than I remember...:)

Zingiber likes this.
  20. Would you object if I use your intro to create a "cleaner" version of the A Dragon-kin Raid on the Northern Border thread that I have extended also I plan to add and maybe finish this story thread soon I will give you credit for your part