merkros
Last Activity:
Mar 18, 2024

merkros

CHYOA Guru

Ah - there's the Seasonal Affective Disorder that I know and love.. Nov 17, 2023

merkros was last seen:
Mar 18, 2024
    1. merkros
      merkros
      I swear. Every time I sit down to get some writing done, something happens that completely throws my mood to write and I can't focus on it.
      1. RadioGalaxy
        RadioGalaxy
        Put on some good music and relax~ If your mood is the problem try to find something inspiring or motivating to read or watch or summat. Terrible food also helps.
        Feb 19, 2017
      2. Omega98
        Omega98
        I feel the same way merkros. You're not alone.
        Feb 22, 2017
      3. dearnise
        dearnise
        I have that same problem myself.
        Feb 25, 2017
    2. merkros
      merkros
      okay, I decided to steel myself and finish the chapter.
    3. merkros
      merkros
      Today I did two whole paragraphs! It's a miracle!
      1. RadioGalaxy and DoAdventures like this.
    4. merkros
      merkros
      I am secretly a robot.
      1. RadioGalaxy and bastardlydastard like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. merkros
        merkros
        Don't tell anyone!
        Feb 7, 2017
      4. bastardlydastard
        bastardlydastard
        The world has a right to know!
        Feb 7, 2017
      5. merkros
        merkros
        nooooooooo
        Feb 7, 2017
    5. merkros
      merkros
      Ah...yes. One paragraph per day. At this rate I'll be done with this chapter by the end of the month. Thanks brain.
      1. RadioGalaxy
        RadioGalaxy
        I have the opposite problem, I've written close to 40 paragraphs in the last few hours and junked them all ;_;
        Feb 6, 2017
      2. bastardlydastard
        bastardlydastard
        Either that, or you could do what I do, and upload short, stunted little baby chapters that are 5 paragraphs long and are pretty much unfinished.
        This suggestion is helpful. I am helping.
        Feb 6, 2017
    6. merkros
      merkros
      Had an idea for a story. Not sure if I should work on it or my other stories that haven't gotten so much love...
      1. View previous comments...
      2. merkros
        merkros
        Well, It's currently on hold. It looks like Jay123 had a similar idea with "The Host". Alien Invaders coming to assimilate Earth. The difference being that my idea wasn't based on a book. I don't like stepping on toes, so it's on hold for a few months at least.
        Jan 27, 2017
      3. DoAdventures
        DoAdventures
        Look forward to you writing it then :-)
        Jan 27, 2017
      4. merkros
        merkros
        Thanks!
        Jan 27, 2017
    7. merkros
      merkros
      New Years Resolution is simple: Write More and Write Better.
      1. Friedman likes this.
    8. merkros
      merkros
      I wonder if a story about dragons would do well...
      1. GenericEditor168 likes this.
      2. GenericEditor168
        Feb 24, 2017
      3. merkros
        merkros
        Hmmmm......Iiinteresting
        Feb 24, 2017
    9. merkros
      merkros
      I've been lazily neglecting writing and have gotten considerably more rusty at knocking out 4 or 5 chapters at a time like I used to...
    10. merkros
      merkros
      EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!
    11. merkros
      merkros
      I sure hope all those conditional variable chapters work right and nobody gets stuck...
    12. merkros
      merkros
      I should really work on "My Best Friend is my Teacher!", but honestly I haven't thought of much more past what I already have.
    13. merkros
      merkros
      My cat just ruined a chapter that i've been working on for the last hour or so by hitting the button on my mouse to go back a page.
      1. gscmar64
        gscmar64
        I've done something similar just click forward again and the page should still be there a you left it
        Nov 8, 2016
      2. merkros
        merkros
        I tried to do so, but for whatever reason it wasn't. It just took me to a blank New Chapter screen.
        Nov 8, 2016
      3. bastardlydastard
        bastardlydastard
        Now that is frustration. it isn't frustrating, it is frustration itself. My condolences man.
        Nov 9, 2016
    14. merkros
      merkros
      Wrote two chapters(one which was mostly similar to a previous one) and then after starting the third my brain turned off.Thanks brain. :/
      1. DoAdventures likes this.
    15. merkros
      merkros
      After a few months of not writing regularly...I'm finding it a little hard to get motivated to write a whole bunch.
    16. merkros
      merkros
      After a long-ish hiatus of not writing much of anything...Hopefully i'll be back in action soon!
    17. merkros
      merkros
      Spent the last few days working on a new story. Due to my rule of not publishing new stories without a sex scene.It will take a bit longer.
      1. DoAdventures
        DoAdventures
        Looking forward to it
        Aug 22, 2016
    18. merkros
      merkros
      Having to reject chapters is the worst. It makes me feel like I'm stomping on peoples' hopes and dreams...
      1. View previous comments...
      2. dick88
        dick88
        I feel yeah guys. I'd like more people to write with me and fill up my universe, but I'm not to keen on having to say, this chapter is not up to par.
        Aug 16, 2016
      3. Zingiber
        Zingiber
        If a chapter has a good idea, I won't hesitate to steer strongly to make it fit, or shape it up myself. I've rarely had to outright reject a submission.
        Aug 18, 2016
      4. merkros
        merkros
        Sadly, I had an issue with a former writer. He ignored my advice multiple times, submitted poorly written chapters, expected me to clean them up for him, and impatiently spammed me with messages until I edited them

I've been more cautious about who and what chapters I approve for my story since. Although I always tell them why and express that I'd approve them if they resubmit the chapter after its cleaned up
        Aug 18, 2016
    19. merkros
      merkros
      Sorry folks, I've had a horrible tooth ache on and off for the last few weeks that's prevented me from writing.
    20. merkros
      merkros
      Is there a way to change the order of choices at the end of a chapter outside of deleting the chapter and publishing a new copy of it?
      1. moonblack
        moonblack
        I'm pretty sure there isn't one at this time. Might be worth making a suggestion (thread) about it.
        Jun 27, 2016
      2. TheScyle
        TheScyle
        That would be really great. I am supporting this idea!
        Sep 14, 2016