merkros
Last Activity:
Apr 25, 2024 at 4:02 AM

merkros

CHYOA Guru

Ah - there's the Seasonal Affective Disorder that I know and love.. Nov 17, 2023

merkros was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Apr 25, 2024 at 4:02 AM
    1. merkros
      merkros
      I drove for a total of 4 hours today in order to play D&D for 5 hours, because everyone in my group either wrecked or doesn't own a car.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. merkros
        merkros
        pretty much only because I got one of them to pay for the gas. The campaign itself is going kind of slow, because we only meet once a month usually, but due to circumstances; it's been about three months since the last session.
        Jun 18, 2017
      3. Funatic
        Funatic
        I know that feeling. The group I am involved with had a fair share of troubles this month too. Only reason why are able to meet next week is because I will be missing a class on purpose.
        Jun 18, 2017
      4. Nemo of Utopia
        Nemo of Utopia
        I feel your pain, I used to be the one guy with a car...
        Jun 19, 2017
    2. merkros
      merkros
      This is why I can't have nice things "I'm going to get some writing done tonight!" *spends 4 hours browsing the internet* "Shit! it's 1 AM!"
      1. GenericEditor168, Funatic and Loeman like this.
      2. Loeman
        Loeman
        Its amazing anything gets done around here when we are all one click away from catastrophe.
        Jun 16, 2017
    3. merkros
      merkros
      I was just called a "experienced writer"...I don't think I'm either of those things, but thanks. I hope your story does well!
      1. Funatic
        Funatic
        In the same vein, the question I ask myself whenever somebody says:
        "Your story is great!"
        Are you sure you are reading the same thing that i have written?
        Jun 11, 2017
      2. merkros
        merkros
        yeah...I have very little confidence. So when I see that A Fantasy Dynasty is on the top stories list. My default reaction is "It's entirely because of the other people who work on the story. Not me"
        Jun 11, 2017
      3. Funatic
        Funatic
        In my case it's less about confidence (I have enough of that) but i just have a hard time believing that what I do warrants 'Great' or even 'Good'. Give me three more years and then maybe we can speak about 'above mediocre'. Basically i need more pratice.
        Jun 11, 2017
    4. merkros
      merkros
      I've thought of changing my forum avatar, but I like my current one with a dragon just chilling on top of a city/castle.
      1. Nemo of Utopia
        Nemo of Utopia
        With two tails, randomly...
        Jun 8, 2017
      2. merkros
        merkros
        It's a fantasy creature. It can have as many tails as the artist wishes for it to have.
        Jun 8, 2017
      3. GenericEditor168
        GenericEditor168
        Some Persian dragons have seven heads. Two tails is nothing.
        Also, don't change it. Dragons are cool.
        Jun 8, 2017
    5. merkros
      merkros
      It's weird writing stories with bad ends(especially bad ends that result in sex) and the bad ends get more likes than the continuation.
      1. raziel83 likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. merkros
        merkros
        Feh. I had a whole rant typed out, but it didn't fit into the character limit.

Just stop Nemo. You don't know what you're talking about in this situation. There's no Bad Endings that I have written for A Fantasy Dynasty that has anything to do with a woman being "Destroyed" by having had sex.
        May 30, 2017
        Nemo of Utopia, raziel83 and Funatic like this.
      4. Funatic
        Funatic
        I would like to add that writing such stories is completely within the right to express oneself. Nobody gets hurt by writing them and if you don't like them you can, you know, read something else.
        May 30, 2017
      5. Nemo of Utopia
        Nemo of Utopia
        Wait, you aren't talking about "The Virgin Heroine"? My apologies.
        Jun 8, 2017
    6. merkros
      merkros
      Peh. I spent the day arguing about DLC policies. At least I get to enjoy new forum features. Such as liking replies to profile posts.
    7. merkros
      merkros
      Folks want Queen Akina?I'll give them Queen Akina,but they're going to have to work for it. By "They" I mean "I'm going have to work for it"
      1. Funatic and fyreant like this.
      2. merkros
        merkros
        It's going to require a whole rework of the succubus storyline.
        May 22, 2017
      3. fyreant
        fyreant
        Yes, yes, YES!!! Akina is, really, the heart and soul of the Fantasy Dynasty story so far. I'll be watching this development eagerly!
        May 22, 2017
      4. merkros
        merkros
        Akina is so much fun to write. She definitely one of my favorite characters in the series.
        May 22, 2017
    8. merkros
      merkros
      So I just realized that A Fantasy Dynasty has both "cowgirl" and "catgirl" tags. One is a person, the other is a sex position... :l
      1. Funatic
        Funatic
        Now invent a sexposition called the catgirl and introduce a cowgirl character for MAXIMUM CONFUSION!
        May 20, 2017
    9. merkros
      merkros
      not looking forward to writing the upcoming feast branches in A Fantasy Dynasty.Writing a Large group of major characters is not my forte
    10. merkros
      merkros
      Sometimes I feel like I come off as ruder than I want in replies or private messages. Now I obsess for 20 minutes over a post before posting
      1. Funatic and Nemo of Utopia like this.
      2. Funatic
        Funatic
        Yep. There is no balance. Either one spends too little time thinking about formulation or too much.
        May 11, 2017
    11. merkros
      merkros
      "If you go to the party, I'll let you touch my breasts" - Phrases that would work on both Teenage Me and Adult Me.
      1. Funatic likes this.
    12. merkros
      merkros
      :l
      1. bastardlydastard and Funatic like this.
      2. edwards21
        edwards21
        That's... descriptive.
        Apr 19, 2017
      3. bastardlydastard
        Apr 19, 2017
      4. Loeman
        Loeman
        (>-.-)>
        Apr 20, 2017
    13. merkros
      merkros
      I want to go back to "My Best Friend Is My Teacher!" but gee the variables in that story are such a pain...
      2. merkros
        merkros
        wah!
        Apr 17, 2017
      3. Nemo of Utopia
        Nemo of Utopia
        *Takes off belt.* "You keep crying like that an I'll give you a REASON to cry!"
        Apr 17, 2017
      4. Nemo of Utopia
        Nemo of Utopia
        (I'm Joking: NEVER hit your kids, stunts not only mental and emotional but also physical growth...)
        Apr 17, 2017
    14. merkros
      merkros
      Bleh, I have an idea for a "Fun" setting, but I'm not really sure what to do with it...
      1. Funatic
        Funatic
        Same here...i call it the Epic ReTale and it's about a world where the most mundane jobs are the most respected and the whole story would be like 'He scanned the products with the agility of a panther, each little beep as the price was recognized a sound of resounding success...' and so on.
        Apr 14, 2017
      2. Nemo of Utopia
        Nemo of Utopia
        This happens to me 3-5 times a DAY...
        Apr 15, 2017
    15. merkros
      merkros
      44 Robots! They're after me Lucky Charms!
      1. bastardlydastard likes this.
    16. merkros
      merkros
      Things I should be doing: Anything....... Things I am doing right now: Sitting on my butt playing video games......
      1. Funatic
        Funatic
        And tomorrow there will be two Paradox Expansions AND the new Hearthstone packs.... How the fuck am i supposed to do anything under these circumstances? D:
        Apr 5, 2017
    17. merkros
      merkros
      I went to the store today to get some perspective on what "Melon-sized breasts" would look like for an upcoming character. The answer: Big
      1. majus, Loeman, RicoLouis and 3 others like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Nemo of Utopia
        Nemo of Utopia
        Actually, I'd say they look about even/all.
        Mar 27, 2017
      4. merkros
        merkros
        Considering the average watermelon is 22-26 inches(56-66cm) long and her chest-over-nipple measurement is 70 inches(177.8cm) long and an under breast measurement of 43 inches(109.22cm). Her breasts would put all but the largest watermelons to shame.
        Mar 27, 2017
      5. Shibbar
        Shibbar
        At the end of the day, if you say 'melon sized breasts' I think peeps will realise you mean big honkers, no matter whether they think canteloupe or watermelon.
        Mar 27, 2017
    18. merkros
      merkros
      I wouldn't mind GMing a Sexual RPG on the forums. I have a bit of experience with D&D 3.5, but I don't know if i have the commitment for it
      2. merkros
        merkros
        One enormous dragon with two tails.

I don't remember where I found the image(probably google).
        Mar 23, 2017
      3. GenericEditor168
        GenericEditor168
        Hmm... maybe we could run a communally-GMd game...
        Mar 23, 2017
      4. merkros
        merkros
        I've had mixed results with multi-GM games IRL. I would be reluctant to back such a project.
        Mar 23, 2017
    19. merkros
      merkros
      I always hate writing short chapters, but sometimes it's kind of necessary depending on the circumstances.
      1. Funatic
        Funatic
        I know that feeling...i always try to hit something between 1-2 pages in Office Word but sometimes doing more than 3/4 of a page on a side objective just really takes to much attention away from the main plot...
        Mar 20, 2017
    20. merkros
      merkros
      One thing I've learned from old CHYOA books from when I was younger: Sometimes you need a terrible choice that ends poorly. Just for giggles
      1. majus likes this.
      2. RadioGalaxy
        RadioGalaxy
        L.E. Giggle
        Feb 27, 2017
      3. majus
        majus
        Wasn't it called CHYOO also spelled CH2O?
        Feb 27, 2017