Lusty Magic Academy RPG

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by Zingiber, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Zingiber

Zingiber Really Really Experienced

Lusty Magic Academy RPG
    --------------------------------

https://chyoa.com/chapter/Introduction.220416

Inspired by SwampThing's Slut World, loosely following Apocalypse World rules.

An academy full of young people learning about magic, themselves, and each other.

Will the rival houses compete for the betterment of all, or will petty disputes spoil the school's harmony?

Are the professors to be trusted, or will their vanity, pique, and forbidden drives lead to downfall?

What dangers threaten the students, or the academy itself?

With thanks and apologies to J. K. Rowling et alii.

To begin a story, define:

Which Academy Are You Part of?
    Name your academy and describe its flavor. I've described a Hogwarts-style academy below (presuming we only have nearly grown-up students). An academy favoring Japanese "Magical Girl" style storytelling would be great. Or maybe even Monsters University, where the students are learning how to give young humans erotic dreams and harvest their sex energy.

What Are Your School's Four Houses?
    I've presumed that Houses each favor a particular character trait or attribute used in the game mechanics. Each has pride and friendly or less-friendly rivalry with the others in academics, games, etc. Each House has special Character Moves to be used in-game.

What Basic Moves are important to the setting?

What Character Moves are important to the setting?

What are the Special Moves for Magic (or Psychics, etc.)?

Are there any special Sex Moves particular to Houses or generally available?

The example below may make the Academy questions above clearer.

----

Example School:

Boarbristle School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

House Traits:
    ------------
    Ambition -- Draconis
    Bravery -- Leontes
    Cunning -- Minerval
    Diligence -- Beavertail

To create a character, choose a House and arrange these values for your Traits.
    +2, +1, +0, -1.

Typical Draconis:
    +2 Ambition, +0 Bravery, +1 Cunning, -1 Diligence.

Typical Leontes:
    +1 Ambition, +2 Bravery, -1 Cunning, +0 Diligence.

Typical Minerval:
    +0 Ambition, -1 Bravery, +2 Cunning, +1 Diligence.

Typical Beavertail:
    -1 Ambition, +1 Bravery, +0 Cunning, +2 Diligence.

Sex Moves: When you HAVE SEX with someone and don't Miss, also apply this.
    Draconis Sex Move: Sexual Healing. Remove a CONSEQUENCE or make them not your ENEMY.
    Leontes Sex Move: Charm. They become your FRIEND or grant a FAVOR.
    Minerval Sex Move: Mind Meld. Steal a magic spell (once/person) or read their memory.
    Beavertail Sex Move: Stamina. You can choose HAVE SEX again if you didn't Miss.

What are common scenes and interactions:

-- Classroom: lecture and practical
    -- Homework: practicing spells until you get them right -- or backfire
    -- Team Athletics: practice and competition on flying broom polo.
    -- Infirmary: if you get a magical illness or overwork or your spells backfire
    -- Detention: if you're caught twice
    -- Dueling: practice with simple disarming spells tolerated

What dangers threaten the students?

-- Escaped Magical Beasts
    -- A bitter former student and would-be dark lord seeks to infiltrate and corrupt.
    -- Trying out forbidden magic / Consequences
    -- Prickly/Easily provoked professors assigning tedious punishment
    -- School punishments for misbehavior (curfew, fighting, magic use rules)
    -- Misbehaving professors taking advantage of students
    -- Rival houses -- working against other house's reputation
    -- Other secret enemies or hidden infiltrators in the school

Rolling for Moves:

A 10+ is SUCCESS WITH STYLE. You got what you intended and a bit more.
    A 7-9 is SUCCESS WITH COMPLICATIONS. Choose your poison. Sometimes a narrated complication is sufficient.
    A 6- is a MISS, which may be simple failure or may have a CONSEQUENCE, gain you an ENEMY or cost you a FRIEND or a FAVOR.

When choosing a result that includes losing something, note that if you don't have that thing to lose, you can't choose that result.

Basic Moves:

When you DEFEND YOUR HOUSE'S HONOR, roll +(HOUSE TRAIT).
    On a 10+, gain +1 XP and choose 1:
    You succeed and impress a participant or witness. Gain a FRIEND or a FAVOR.
    You succeed with grace and chivalry or with frightening decisiveness. Lose an ENEMY.
    On a 7-9, choose 1:
    You lose narrowly and demand a rematch (now or later). Roll again at -1.
    You lose gracefully.
    You have a bitter triumph. Gain +1 XP and an ENEMY who is bitter at you.
    Your ENEMY resents your triumph. Gain +1 XP and CONFRONT YOUR ENEMY now or later.
    You win ungracefully. Gain +1 XP and lose a FRIEND or a FAVOR.
    You win unfairly. Gain +1 XP and describe a dramatic scene where you misuse your House's trait to win. Next: GET OUT OF TROUBLE.
    On a miss:
    You and your rival are caught misbehaving. Next: GET OUT OF TROUBLE.
    Shaken Up: Take a CONSEQUENCE.
    Laid Up: Go to the Infirmary.

When you have a FAVOR, you may use it to avert a bad result from a move, as listed. You may also expend a FAVOR to get the person's help before rolling for a move, for a bonus of +2 on a roll. You may expend a FAVOR to ENCOUNTER that person with a +1 on your roll. You may expend a FAVOR to have sex with that person.

When you have a FRIEND, you have +2 to ENCOUNTER them and may ask them for a FAVOR.

When you have an ENCOUNTER, roll +(HOUSE TRAIT)
    On a 10+, they'll go along with what you want, take +1 Forward with them.
    Examples: HAVE SEX, ASK FOR A FAVOR, MAKE AMENDS, advance the plot to help you.
    On a 7-9, you have to convince them:
    Expend a FAVOR. They'll go along, taking +1 Forward.
    Describe what you do to convince them, in character.
    Cast a spell on them like CHARM or COMMAND.
    On a miss, you can't find them or they refuse.

When you HAVE SEX with someone, roll +(HOUSE TRAIT).
    On a 10+, choose two:
    You're ready to go again, HAVE SEX.
    They have a great time and an orgasm, Gain +1 XP.
    They love it a lot ("Show me how you do that trick!") and grant a FAVOR.
    On a 7-9, choose one:
    You have a pretty good time.
    Your sex has magical or psychic ripple effects. Describe a conspicuous
    effect over the area (everyone nearby has an orgasm, glass breaks, metal
    vibrates with your orgasmic moans). Gain +1 XP. GET OUT OF TROUBLE.
    Your sex triggers magical backfire. Gain +1 XP and describe a scene where
    you and your partner(s) suffer the effects of accidentally triggered spells.
    You have a rocking good time to mutual exhaustion. Gain +1 XP. Take a CONSEQUENCE.
    On a miss, something goes wrong.
    You're interrupted or have to stop. Maybe it's something interesting.
    You're caught. GET OUT OF TROUBLE.
    Caught by a FRIEND. Lose the FRIEND.
    Caught by your ENEMY. CONFRONT YOUR ENEMY.

When you ASK FOR A FAVOR, roll +AMBITION:
    On a 10+, they will happily grant you a favor.
    On a 7-9, they offer a trade. Choose one.
    They grant you a favor if you'll hinder their rival. Gain an ENEMY.
    They grant you a favor if you'll trounce their rival. Roll a MAGIC DUEL, and on any success, you also get a FAVOR.
    They grant you a favor if you'll carry a message. Roll an ENCOUNTER, and on any success, you also get a FAVOR.
    They grant you a favor if you'll stand up in a challenge. DEFEND YOUR HOUSE'S HONOR and get a FAVOR (regardless of result).
    On a miss, they refuse.

When you are IN THE INFIRMARY, roll +BRAVERY:
    On a 10+, you are back on your feet soon. If you had a CONSEQUENCE, remove it.
    On a 7-9, you are on the mend. You may ENCOUNTER the nurse or a well-wisher or return to a new SCENE.
    On a miss:
    Describe a bizarre magical treatment to improve your condition. Roll again.
    You're cleared to return to class, but you have to take a CONSEQUENCE or sacrifice a FAVOR.

When you are in DETENTION, roll +DILIGENCE:
    On a 10+, you serve your time. If you had a CONSEQUENCE, remove it.
    On a 7-9, you work out your sentence. You may ENCOUNTER the proctor or a FRIEND before you go.
    On a miss, you may expend a FAVOR to get released.
    Otherwise describe the tedious tasks you go through and roll again.

When you have a CONSEQUENCE, something is interfering with your ability to do your best. Perhaps a professor has assigned you extra work as a penalty, or you have lingering effects of a lab accident, duel, or the sheer weight of shame. Take -1 forward on all rolls until you roll a modified 10+ or MAKE AMENDS. If you get another CONSEQUENCE, ignore it and go to the INFIRMARY or DETENTION.

When you MAKE AMENDS, roll +BRAVERY (-1 if you have a CONSEQUENCE):
    On a 10+, remove a CONSEQUENCE or an ENEMY.
    On a 7-9, sacrifice a FAVOR to remove a CONSEQUENCE or an ENEMY.
    On a miss, it all goes horribly wrong, maybe publicly, maybe privately. Sacrifice a FAVOR, lose a FRIEND, gain a CONSEQUENCE or an ENEMY, CONFRONT YOUR ENEMY, or GET OUT OF TROUBLE.

When you have to GET OUT OF TROUBLE, someone from your House, a professor, or school staff has judged that you've done something bad. Roll +CUNNING.
    On a 10+, you make your case or charm your way out of trouble.
    On a 7-9, you get a stern lecture, and it will cost you something. Choose one:
    Someone decides to be your mentor. Gain a FRIEND and a CONSEQUENCE.
    You get remedial work or duties to set you right. Gain +1 XP and a CONSEQUENCE.
    You're told to work it out honorably. Have a MAGIC DUEL or CONFRONT YOUR ENEMY.
    On a miss: You're taken to be in the wrong. Sacrifice a FAVOR, or: gain a CONSEQUENCE, lose a FRIEND, or go to DETENTION.

When you have an ENEMY, one option resulting from a miss is CONFRONT YOUR ENEMY.

When you CONFRONT YOUR ENEMY, roll +(HOUSE TRAIT):
    On a 10+, you use your superior trait to hold them off. You may try to MAKE AMENDS next or move along to another scene.
    On a 7-9, you have a tense encounter. Choose one:
    Have a private MAGIC DUEL.
    Publicly DEFEND THE HONOR OF YOUR HOUSE.
    Attract attention and have to GET OUT OF TROUBLE.
    Cast a spell. Success distracts them, otherwise see "miss" below. (Not a duel).
    On a miss:
    Your enemy thrashes or embarrasses you. Take a CONSEQUENCE.
    Your enemy shames you publicly. Lose a FRIEND.
    Your enemy shames your House. DEFEND THE HONOR OF YOUR HOUSE at -1.

When you have a MAGIC DUEL, roll +CUNNING:
    On a 10+, you prevail. Gain +1 XP.
    On a 7-9, choose one:
    It's a tie. Gain +1 XP and take a CONSEQUENCE or go to the INFIRMARY.
    It's a standoff, wands waving, sparks flying. Roll MAGIC DUEL again at -1 or CAST A SPELL.
    You lose gracefully.
    You have a bitter triumph. Gain +1 XP and an ENEMY who is bitter at you.
    Your ENEMY resents your triumph. Gain +1 XP and CONFRONT YOUR ENEMY now or later
    On a miss:
    You're caught cheating or misbehaving. Next: GET OUT OF TROUBLE.
    Shaken Up: Take a CONSEQUENCE.
    Laid Up: Go to the INFIRMARY.

Each wizard has a wand used to cast spells, with a few magical words.

When you CAST A SPELL, Roll +CUNNING.
    On a 10+, the spell succeeds with intended effect. If you just won a duel, +1 XP.
    On a 7-9, choose one. If a success wins a duel, +1 XP.
    The spell is deflected or pre-empted by your opponent.
    Fumble-success: The spell takes effect and backfires (as below).
    Success by main force: The spell takes effect, but you take a Consequence or faint.
    On a miss: backfire. Stunned for a turn, drop your wand, damage something or injure a bystander, or perhaps the spell takes effect on you instead or as well.

For a regular Magic Duel, success at any of these counts as a win. You may also be able to use them in other circumstances.
    DISARM: makes their wand fly away
    FETCH: pulls something to the caster (like an an opponent's wand)
    STUN: puts them off balance/dizzy/confused
    CHARM: makes them your FRIEND. (They can still be your ENEMY!).
    DISPEL: makes their spell backfire.

Forbidden Spells:
    COMMAND: Puts their actions under your control.
    PAIN: Causes them great pain, so they stop doing anything and want it to stop.
    LUST: Compels them to want sex RIGHT NOW (even in public).
    ORGASM: Causes an immediate orgasm. Like STUN, but more embarrassing.
    TRANSFORM: Changes the target's form (typically boy to girl or girl to boy).

If you cast a Forbidden Spell in public, GET OUT OF TROUBLE.

----

If you have +5 XP, you may spend it to get a new Character Move, learn a Spell, or get +1 to a Trait (max +3).

So far I have no Character Moves listed. Maybe you can learn another House's Sex Move in some circumstances, or maybe you have to transfer houses and give up your current Sex Move.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    airwreck and conkers024 like this.
  2. Zingiber

I've posted the draft story introduction above and am interested in thoughts and suggestions before I post as a story.

It could be good to have a couple more academies drafted other than Boarbristle, and some more Character Moves and Spells, and maybe some suggested mechanics about Threats.

I figured everyone knows the Common Spells, and that Forbidden Spells could be learned via character advancement or maybe picked as an initial Character Move.

3. Zingiber

4. conkers024

conkers024 Virgin

I really like this idea and can contribute an academy but might need some help figuring out the heavy rpg elements in the beginning.

Zingiber likes this.
  5. Zingiber

You might read over SwampThing's Slut World for a sense of the flow of things. He's done quite a job of making the Apocalypse World rules engine (the Attributes, Basic Moves, Character Moves, 2d6+adjustments for success) work for a sex-focused RPG, and there are numerous story lines from different authors.

I kinda think I should add more Sex Moves into my new story, but maybe I'll leave it loose to start with. I think Slut World's Basic Moves are slightly too detailed, but it might be OK to start a storyline with them active.

The other area that might be worth filling in is conflicts with threats from outside the school, or when magical fumbles summon a sex-hungry monster or release a horny magical beast.

I'll go ahead and get the story into review!

6. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

I think it would be best if you DON'T require people to read Slut World to understand how things work.

How much of what is in the first post is part of the example, and how much is separate?

Also, all the rules are a little confusing for me. For example, what happens if the player character is speaking to a woman and she demands "Lick my pussy and if you make me cum I'll do you the favor you want". Is that sort of thing allowed? If yes, do I just roll the same as any other time the player character is having sex?
    Or another example: After winning a magic duel can the player character choose to rape the loser, or seduce the loser, or rob the loser, or something else? What sort of rolls should be made in each case?

What about actions that are not mentioned in the rules, such as searching for traps in a dungeon, or searching for a book/scroll/whatever on a shelf?

And one last, minor, thing: Maybe use a term other than "Moves". Things like "IN THE INFIRMARY" and "DETENTION" seem like a special kind of encounter or event rather than a move. Maybe instead of "Basic Moves" call them "Basic Actions and Events", or even simply "Basics".

Zingiber likes this.
  7. Zingiber

You're right, but I would probably be stuck for a long time writing everything up before I publish the story. I figure that I will fill in the examples particular to Lusty Magic Academy as I go. Slut World seems like a good reference for the move/roll/resolve mechanics.
    From "Example School" down to "If you cast a Forbidden Spell in public" is specific to Boarbristle School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. (Though Boarbristle does need some Character Moves to make use of the XP rules, as per the last few lines). I'm planning to make Boarbristle the first Academy.
    Yes, and yes, on a 7-9 or 10+ you get that FAVOR.

Though maybe you can only hold one FAVOR from each person at a time, or maybe you can't redeem another FAVOR from the same person unless you've redeemed a FAVOR from someone else.

I'll go ahead and add "if you have sex with me (and I like it)!" as one of the 7-9 options for asking for a favor.
    At Boarbristle, if the duel is public, or a "friendly" duel for magic practice, it pretty much ends as described.

If the duel is private, any additional stakes are whatever the participants have agreed to (if the winner is honorable) or what the winner can get away with (naughty, naughty). No specific mechanics. If there are seconds present, they may intervene. If the winner does something outrageous, you should probably record that they've made an ENEMY of their adversary or one of their friends.

Perhaps another magical academy might have harsher consequences to the loser of a duel, or maybe your character's storyline starts with Boarbristle Gone Bad where the loser of a public duel faces humiliation.
    Propose an appropriate Trait as the modifier and use a generic version of the results table.
    • Ambition for social actions.
    • Bravery for physical challenges
    • Cunning for searching for traps or actions calling on knowledge and perception
    • Diligence for library research or other methodical actions

• On a 10+, SUCCESS WITH STYLE, you get what you intended and maybe more (or avert any side effects)
    • On a 7-9, SUCCESS WITH COMPLICATIONS, you get what you wanted at some cost or an amped-up challenge, or less than you wanted with less cost.
    • On a 6-, MISS, you get nowhere at all, and maybe lose what you already have or face trouble.

You could actually outline a game with just a breakdown of Traits/Attributes versus types of challenges alongside the dice mechanic.
    I'm caught between a long, faithful description ("Basic Actions and Events") and a simple term to be used repeatedly ("Moves"). Even Slut World has this terminology problem with Character Moves -- while some of them describe new actions, some of them are modifiers to existing actions or rules. We can kick around what might make sense. I'm inclined to try and express them as moves in the form of GET OUT OF TROUBLE if there's a reasonable phrasing.

Thank you for your interest, questions, and suggestions!

moonblack likes this.
  8. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Thank you for the answers and explanations. Things are a bit more clear now. I'll let you know if I can think of anything else I want to ask.

P.S.: You should link this thread from the story.

Zingiber likes this.
  9. conkers024

conkers024 Virgin

Do all these academies exist in the same universe? It'd be interesting to see some interschool competitions or events at some point. Also I agree rather than reading slut world, posting a few chapters into the boarbristle path should do a good job of showing authors a general idea of how the rpg mechanics work.

Zingiber likes this.
  10. Zingiber

Done.

And look, it's alive! Ha ha ha ha! (thunder rolling) https://chyoa.com/chapter/Introduction.220416

11. Zingiber

Sounds like an interesting idea to me. Certainly Rowling made use of inter-academy competitions as well as inter-House competitions. You could totally have cross-academy competitions, maybe with multiple events highlighting different strengths (one for each Trait?), or maybe a magic duel ladder, or perhaps the main character would specialize in a particular kind of event.

Crossovers are a contributing author's option, but if you want your academy to be on the planet Frobozz-6, maybe not so likely. If you cross genres (wizards versus mutants), it could give very strange results, but you can probably use the Custom Move rules of choosing an appropriate Trait.

You should call out a crossover in the thread's title, probably.

12. Zingiber

Some ideas for different kinds of academies (settings / genres)
    • Anime-style Magical Girl / Magical Boy. Loves and rivalries as all of them train to face a looming threat. They transform into their alternate magical warrior form to do battle. Do some of them have a Dark Past?
    • Rowling-style Witchcraft and Wizardry academy. Draws on British Public School stories and rivalries between Houses.
    • X-Men-style school for Young Mutants. Each of them has idiosyncratic powers which gain strength and finesse as they learn them.
    • Academy for Young Psychics. The power of mental concentration can reach across the world ... or into your crush's dormitory. Don't let your rivals make you lose your mind.
    • Martial Arts Academy. The different Houses follow different Martial Arts styles and contend for supremacy -- and secretly, for sexual satisfaction.
    • Wet Dream University. The students are junior incubi and succubi learning how to invade humans' dreams to harvest their erotic energy.
    Or make up your own.

conkers024 likes this.
  13. conkers024

conkers024 Virgin

I'm drafting an academy that exist somewhere between the first two bullet points. As someone who actually attended a school with a house system I've been a bit lazy but looking for an excuse to write a story like this for years.

Zingiber likes this.
  14. Zingiber

I've drafted Boarbristle and two sample characters.

The story's now open (Moderated), but you might want to wait for some storylines to start.

15. Zingiber

I've rewritten those moves as:

GET OUT OF THE INFIRMARY

GET OUT OF DETENTION

to give them names that correspond to actions rather than places/states.

To correspond to

GET OUT OF TROUBLE (responding to a social difficulty)

I've added

GET OUT OF DANGER (responding to a physical threat)

moonblack likes this.
  16. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

That's a good idea.

I've been thinking about an alternative Academy - one specifically for Nobles. All the students and teachers there would be nobles and required to act accordingly in public. What I'm currently stuck on is this:
    Reflexive/Graceful – Grace
    Persuasive/Assertive – Persuasion
    Aggressive/Forceful – Domination
    Calculating/Methodical - Dilligence ? (I think I'll go with Intrigue)
    Inquisitive/Exploratory - Cunning ?

I'm not sure if I should use Dilligence and Cunning, or something else. Does anyone have any suggestions about this?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    Zingiber likes this.
  17. Zingiber

You could try drafting the rival Houses and working out the stats based on their styles and specialities. That's what I did for Boarbristle. Set up some possible storylines, conflicts and challenges and see how they might reflect back into character attributes. Or start with a set of Moves and see what they suggest.

18. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Alright, here’s what I have figured out so far:
    It is an Academy located on a large island. It is for Nobles – so all of the students and teachers are nobles, regardless of their exact rank.

Technically there are no houses, but all students and teachers belong to one of five groups:
    * Those who rely in their Charm. Main stat: Grace. Skill: Charm.
    Charm: When you roll 10+ against a person you may attempt to Charm that person. On 10+ you succeed:
    - if the target was an ENEMY they stop being your ENEMY
    - If the target is neutral they become your FRIEND
    - if the target is your FRIEND you get a FAVOR from them
    - if they already owe you a FAVOR you get a +2 to your next roll against them
    On 7-9 you are somewhat successful and get a +1 to your next roll against them
    On 6 or less your attempt fails and you get nothing. May have negative consequences depending on target
    If you try to Charm multiple people you get -1 to your roll for every person after the first one

* Those who rely on persuasion and seduction. Main stat: Persuasion. Skill: Seduce.
    Seduce: You may attempt to seduce a person. On 10+ you succeed and they agree to HAVE SEX with you. The first time you seduce a person you also get +1 XP. On 7-9 you are partially successful and get +1 bonus to your roll if you try to have sex with them right then (but NOT if you leave it for later – in that case you need to make another seduction attempt). On 6 or less your attempt fails and you get nothing. May have negative consequences depending on target
    If you try to Seduce multiple people you get -1 to your roll for every person after the first one

* Those who prefer to command and dominate others. Maun stat: Domination. Skill: Dominate.
    Dominate: Attempt to dominate a single target. On 10+ you succeed – your next roll against that person is an automatic success regardless of bonuses and penalties. On 7-9 it is only a partial success – you get a +1 to your next roll against them. On 6 or less you fail and instead get a penalty - -1 to your next roll against them

* Those who prefer to manipulate others. Main stat: Intrigue. Skill: Manipulate.
    Manipulate: You may attempt to manipulate a person. 10+ you succeed and can either get a FAVOR from them, or make them do (almost) anything you want. On 7-9 you will have to pay a price: maybe they want sex, maybe they want a FAVOR from you, etc. On 6 or less your attempt fails – may have negative consequences depending on person and circumstances

* And last, those who would rather not get involved in the politics and intrigues of their classmates. Such people are more interested in studying and/or exploring the island. Main stat: ?. Skill: ?.

Forbidden Spells: ANY spell that forces another person to do something against their will, including (but not limited to):
    * Force Obedience – forces target to obey one command
    * Force Orgasm – forces target to orgasm
    * Force Arousal – makes target extremely aroused and desperate for sex
    * Force Urination – forces target to pee

Domination skill is not a spell so it is allowed.

Public magic duels end when one side gets immobilized and gagged (since casting spells requires hand movement, talking, or both, depending on spell), or when one side gets humiliated in some way. The most common method of humiliation is the spell Vanish Clothes (target’s clothes vanish for a few minutes, leaving them naked. Any new clothes they attempt to put on also vanish. After the spell ends the clothes reappear.) The winner of a public duel is not allowed to do anything the loser did not agree to.

Private duels are a lot less limited. Oftentimes the humiliation of losing one’s clothes is not enough to end the duel. The winner of such a duel may attempt to do anything they want to the loser, including (but not limited to): Raping the loser, seducing the loser and dominating the loser.

Teachers have quite a bit of freedom in what they can do, including having sex with students and forcing a student to have sex with them as punishment.

Students remain at the Academy for 4 years. First year students share a room with a third year, whom they can ask for help and guidance, if necessary. Once the former first years become third years they get their own first year students to take care of.

SUBMIT: All students start with this move. As the name suggests, the user submits to the will of the other person and will do anything and everything the other person wants for the rest of the encounter. In exchange the one that submitted gets +1 to all rolls during the next encounter with that person. Depending on circumstances there might be additional consequences, such as (but not limited to):
    * The one that submits is viewed as a weakling or a coward
    * The one that submits is seen as mak9ing a clever move to earn the favor of the other person
    * Both of the above - the one that submits is seen as a weakling trying to earn the favor of a stronger person
    Submitting in public is not recommended, unless absolutely necessary.

Any comments or questions so far?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    Zingiber likes this.
  19. Zingiber

Looks like the pieces are coming together. Perhaps the missing stat would be Wisdom and could help resist others? Softening a Miss or complication.

I had an earlier notion of suggesting Virtues, but your noble academy seems to be closer to Machiavelli than King Arthur, and your list of affinities is shaping up well.

20. Zingiber

Or maybe an "Anne Rice"/"A.N. Roquelaure" nobility from the "Beauty's Punishment" series, considering the humiliation rules. :)