Post bug reports here!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by airwreck, Jul 15, 2014.

1. airwreck

airwreck Really Experienced

Since the new CHYOO is still a work-in-progress it would be great if people post bug reports that Friedman could possibly implement.

2. Semeny Licket

Semeny Licket Experienced

Would a discrepancy in information be akin to a "bug"? It's at least something that behaves in a manner other than intuitive expectations. Also, I suppose that this thread might be covered by the "Report a Problem" function of the Chyoo site, but in this way, we can discuss the issues with one another for illumination.

When I submit a story to Chyoo, I notice an anomaly in its status viewable under the Username > Manage Stories section of the site.
    Under "My Stories," the submitted story will have the "Pending" status.
    Under "My Threads," all threads in the submitted story will have the "Approved" status.
    Under "Waiting for Approval," no stories or threads will appear at all.

At the current time, I have no threads submitted to other stories, but I do have a story submitted (which, incidentally, I've yet to finish the first thread for anyhow, so it shouldn't be approved yet).

Of course, it could be that I'm just interpreting the sections incorrectly, and "My Stories" relates just to the stories themselves (i.e. the cover pages), the threads for each story have an accurate status because they're my own threads submitted to my own stories and are already technically approved by this reasoning, and "Waiting for Approval" only relates to threads submitted for other users' stories. So in fact, there actually isn't any problem with this part of the site aside from my own erroneous interpretations. Heh.

3. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Your second guess is correct.

"Waiting for approval" lists the threads that are to be approved or declined by you. For a better understanding, I have renamed the tab in "Waiting for YOUR approval".

Semeny Licket likes this.
  4. Torg

Torg Really Experienced

5. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I have rebuilt the story map for Thrust. The caching of the story map takes place at least once a week, if threads are added, however, immediately. If it comes to the tree traversal bug (chronologically newer threads are approved before older ones), this behavior can't take place.

6. tgp31

tgp31 Virgin

I don't know if this is the right thread to post my problem, so forgive me if i'm making mistake of posting my problem.

I had loged in with my old chyoo.com acc. and pass. but i don't see any old bookmarks i have saved on the old site. also i don't see any option to migrate/transfer bookmarks from old chyoo to new chyoo acc. can anyone help me on this as i have many many many stories bookmarked and i don't want to lose them.

7. Mr.B.

Mr.B. Moderator

Yeah, I know the feeling. I had more that 50 story bookmarked there. You have to do it manually, it should take you 5-10 min..nothing major.
    Use the search and search function searching for the titles.

8. tgp31

tgp31 Virgin

Too bad. I don't know the exact no. but my bookmark list should be more than 100 ;-). Now i have to manualy search and bookmark 100+ stories :-(
    But thanks for yoursuppprt and reply.

9. Semeny Licket

Semeny Licket Experienced

I'm not sure if this is a bug report yet, but I think it might be something to watch out for, because it's a scenario which be quite uncommon. Has anyone else encountered the following situation?

I submitted a new story, but I never got around to finishing the first post. I know, I should write it out in a word processor first and then submit it, which is what I did the second time around. So I submitted a story ("Castlemania"), tried but failed to finish the first chapter for a couple of days, and, understandably, it was denied. I hadn't entered any content into it yet, so of course that would happen. Sorry! I noticed, however, that the story was still listed among my other stories, but with a "Denied" status. I finally managed to get around to finishing the first chapter tonight, and I submitted that to the denied story. From my perspective, I now sit and wait eagerly for it to be approved. Will it?

Can it? I'm likely over-thinking things again, but I just want to be sure. If a denied story is resubmitted in this fashion, will the administrators be aware of it? It's a new site, so I think it's understandable if something goes a bit wrong. Hey, it happens. I'm also a tad curious how that portion of the site operates. Apart from that, this could be an easy opportunity to test that this function works.

Hm. The more I think this over, the less I think this'll be an issue. Sorry if I'm worrying too much about it. I notice the story's status hasn't changed from "Declined" to "Pending," however, so perhaps I missed a step.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  10. RicoLouis

RicoLouis Really Really Experienced

A few of my old stories have threads in them which read no title which look like they where linked to other pages but there isn't any link system so ones like Molesting Mom which relied heavily on links is almost unreadable now with about thirty blank pages.

11. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

It's sort of a bug. The status of a declined story doesn't change by itself. In your case I have set it to "Pending" again.

There is no user interface at the moment. But you can link to another thread using the following syntax. Just type "#LINKTO {THREAD ID}" into the text field and the user will be redirected to the specified thread (for example, "#LINKTO 39493"). You can look up the thread id under "Manage stories". I hope this helps for now.

12. lordxorph

lordxorph Experienced

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  13. RicoLouis

RicoLouis Really Really Experienced

Just noticed that, also seems the same with the popular searches as well.

14. The same bug came up in the story "A very happy family (open)"
    https://chyoa.com/story/a-very-happy-family-open/map
    Could you be so kind and fix this one as well?

15. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

16. Zingiber

Zingiber Really Really Experienced

17. Zingiber

Zingiber Really Really Experienced

And the top-middle links are back, so this was an outage rather than a design change, I presume.

18. FallenSaint

FallenSaint Really Really Experienced

I don't know if this is actually a bug, but the site keeps logging me off. I log in, click on a story and it immediately logs me out. It doesn't happen every time, but it is quite often. It has also done it the last two times I tried to add to my story Shadow Hunters (Hence why I haven't updated the story in the last two weeks...) I was logged in, wrote an addition, and when I hit save, it logged me out. I had two windows up, one for the addition and the other to browse other stories in the hope that the constant activity in one would keep the other logged in. When it logged me out of the one I was writing an addition in, it also logged me out of the other window as well.

19. LoneStar

LoneStar Virgin

Wanted to see if this is something that could be fixed.

The story map for The New Housemate's Secret becomes difficult to read but more importantly unusable after chapter 95.1

20. airwreck

airwreck Really Experienced

I noticed that I can't link (via #LINKTO) to a thread that is written by another author if the story wasn't created by me because I don't see their thread id under "Manage stories."