Threads approval reports

Discussion in 'CHYOA General' started by Mr.B., Aug 2, 2014.

1. Mr.B.

Mr.B. Moderator

This topic is dedicated to report those cases where the threads you wrote are taking too much time to be approved, be it for the absence of the author of the story or whatever other reason.

Moderators can eventually step in and give a new user (usually an active user that already contributed to the story) the incredible and ultimate power to approve threads for that story.

I've linked this topic in the chyoo guide I'm about to publish. Pls stick it, thanks.

TGbill likes this.
  2. jealco

jealco Experienced

I've got a few pending threads in the story Somewhere else (https://chyoa.com/story/somewhere-else/cover) that have been there for 3 or 4 months now. Any way they can get approved? If possible, I'm willing to be the editor for that story for the time being, too.

3. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I'm glad that you want to adopt the story and further develop the plot. This way older, neglected stories get new attention. You're now the temporary owner (and later editor) of Somewhere else.

jealco likes this.
  4. jealco

jealco Experienced

Thanks, Friedman!

5. JohnNoble

JohnNoble Virgin

I was going to give it a week but as far as I can tell the original author, Sucker510 didn't make the transition from the old site.

Last time I spoke to him was before the transition via email and he seemed uninterested.

In any case I have several threads pending approval in his Victoria's Angels. I finally got time and ideas back and decided to expand it as much as I can.
    And yes, I am willing to become the editor for that story, as well as his other story if he doesn't show up, although I won't be posting in that one for a while.

6. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

He was already active on Chyoa. The easiest way is to ask him to become editor (you can do this via the forum here). If he does not reply, send me a PM.

7. JohnNoble

JohnNoble Virgin

I sent him a PM about the subject, so I guess I'll give it a few days and see if I get a responce.

8. chibbert2

chibbert2 Virgin

I'd like to chime in regarding the story, "Genie of The Ring". It's a great/fun story. I have about 5 updates in that story dated back in mid to late July that have yet to be added though. I'm hesitant to write more only since the last updates were never approved. I've contributed the story on previous occasions using Chyoo last summer and found the approval fairly fast. Not sure if the story is now abandoned or what. At the moment, it's coming up to a month or so since approvals have gone out it seems.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  9. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

It seems as if he has received no notification regarding those threads. This could be the reason why he hasn't approved them. I've sent him a PM and explained the situation. Let's wait a few days and see how it goes.

10. ddf_21s

ddf_21s Virgin

I have a couple threads that are pending too long:

"Curse" story - it is approved on old CHYOO.
    "The Roommates" story - it is approved on old CHYOO.
    "From Friend to Girlfriend" story.
    "Mother with Extra" story.
    "A Sexy day in Suburbia" story - my previous threads were approved about a month ago and the new one is pending since then.

11. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I've checked and approved your threads.

12. Hvast

Hvast Really Really Experienced

13. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

14. ddf_21s

ddf_21s Virgin

Thank you.

15. ddf_21s

ddf_21s Virgin

I have a couple threads that are pending more than month again:

"Curse", "The Roommates", "From Friend to Girlfriend" and "Mother with Extra" stories.

16. Mr.B.

Mr.B. Moderator

Is there something wrong with this or that's just me? I mean: if someone have to wait one month (but let's say more than a week) to have a thread approved there will be very few people writing on this site.
    Just saying. Sorry for the off topic.

17. ddf_21s

ddf_21s Virgin

I suppose it's because of not yet implemented "editor" or "trusted" function. Some people abandoned CHYOO. Some just visit it once per month. And new writers often add threads to good old stories, which often taken from old CHYOO...
    I hope for better once CHYOA functionality expands.

18. FallenSaint

FallenSaint Really Really Experienced

Sometimes it isn't about the Editor not being here anymore. I had a writer add to one of my threads, and he didn't like that I asked for him to make some changes. He even left a rude comment about it when I pointed out that the character he was writing as a total slut was actually suppose to be very shy and didn't reach out to many people for fear of rejection thanks to some personal issues. (and parental ones) I even had a thread about the characters for reference with her specifically mentioned before I even made her character enter the story.

This writer finally changed one sentence to fit a clothing choice the character has made in her life, but didn't change the rest of the thread at all to fit her character. I left the thread sitting without approval for almost a month because of this. When no change occurred after that much time, I finally kicked it out entirely. Sometimes editors just don't approve additions because they are waiting for some corrections to be made and give the writer time to do it.

As for the edidor and trusted functions, I got burned by that too much on the old site. Yeah there was some convenience, but I'm wary of implementing it again.

Hypnoticus and airwreck like this.
  19. Murakami

Murakami Really Experienced

No one says you have to use them. I too am wary of giving out this authority to just anyone. But having the option for people you know and trust would be nice. Also good for collaborative stories where more than one person is the actual writer (I direct you to the fairy tail branch of Normality for an example; in that case all 3 of us are working the story, but the other 2 guys can't edit threads freely because I happened to be the one who made the opening thread).

airwreck and Semeny Licket like this.
  20. jealco

jealco Experienced

Fallen makes a few good points. Sadly, a some-tool-who-shall-not-be-named had to go and cause issues for everyone.

To each author their own. I say bring the functionality in. It's not mandatory that authors use it, just a convenience for those who would like to have it, plus useful for those of us who have adopted stories, so we can hand over official ownership to the original authors again, in case they return.

Semeny Licket likes this.