Post bug reports here!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by airwreck, Jul 15, 2014.

1. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

Sometimes it logs me out directly after opening the page, so my name is on top (but the thread didn't get marked as read).
    If I open another forum tab, it shows that I'm not logged in.

This usually happens when the internet connection is bad, so I literary have to log in for every step.

mindtheMILF likes this.
  2. mindtheMILF

mindtheMILF Guest

Sounds like me, but internet isn't bad.

3. mindtheMILF

mindtheMILF Guest

As soon as it happens again I will send it to you Friedman.

4. mindtheMILF

mindtheMILF Guest

5. mindtheMILF

mindtheMILF Guest

Happened once more moments ago on another thread. Pesky Error message. :mad:

6. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I've updated the forum software. Let me know if you still get these login prompts.

7. mindtheMILF

mindtheMILF Guest

Will do. Thanks again Friedman!

8. mindtheMILF

mindtheMILF Guest

I know it is hard to believe, but I got it again a minute ago on another thread.
    I don't know if this would be important, but I do use Opera as my browser. I know that can sometimes be an issue for different websites. Some sites don't even want Opera users. Then I have to transfer over to FF or god forbid Edge.

9. firekingofice

firekingofice Virgin

So I don't know if someone posted this but, I'm having a problem with the play mode of a story I'm reading. I used the feature a bit so when I tried to recently it keeps sending me to the "sorry, I got distracted..." massage. I don't know what I should do in order to fix this.

10. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Thank you for your message.

Can you add ?game=reset to the end of the story URL? This should reset your game.

11. RicoLouis

RicoLouis Really Really Experienced

Looked at my story map for choya suggestions and for some reason it is all messed up today. I am assuming it is my fault since I deleted and restored several chapters without a direct link to them so now that are all over the place as they seemed to have found new homes all over the story map. Not sure if I can make heads or tails of the mess I made. Live and learn I guess.

12. Apologies if this is known, or something:

A friend and I are collaborating on a story. He is the author; he's created an unpublished draft. I'm listed as an editor. His idea is that we should only publish when there's sufficient content, and I agree.

This draft displays properly for him, but not for me. For instance:

1. I can only see a chapter 2.1 that I made, and not the 3.1 he made. (problematic because I need to add 3.2.)
    2. It doesn't appear on my "my stories" page even though I'm an editor. The only way I can even get to it is because it does appear on my CHYOA homepage under "my recent stories."
    3. The story map is completely blank; it doesn't have any chapters listed.
    4. The "edit this story" option leads to a 404.

So, what do I want you to do about it? I'm just hoping he's done something wrong, or there is some known fix to misbehaving unpublished drafts. There are a few work- arounds, like us just sharing the text and posting all at once, together, once we decide to make the story public. I don't like that because we'd need some coordination at the time, and in the draft stage we couldn't really check each other's progress. I could just send him the text to publish all himself, but then I wouldn't get any credit, which I find personally gratifying.

Is there any help on this issue? Should we turn it off and on again? thanks in advance.

gene.sis likes this.
  13. RicoLouis

It sounds like the problem is that it is not publish yet so you can't see it because its officially not a story yet until he hits publish. I would actually suggest sharing through the mail or other means so you are on the same page so to speak.

14. TheDespaxas

TheDespaxas Really Really Experienced

As editor or owner you can see drafts from other people as links on the parent chapters but not in the story map.

It's a real pain in the ass if we want to use a draft to work on something as a team, been there, done that, it sucked.

15. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

I don't think so.

Does something change, if he assigns user role "Owner" to you instead of "Editor"?

16. RicoLouis

Patreon Page is Not displaying under AOL browser nor internet explorer but works on google chrome.

17. HaremStarter

HaremStarter Really Experienced

AOL exists and has it's own browser?!?

18. RicoLouis

Yes. Surprisingly it is still around. Not my favorite browser but I keep it for emails.

19. Fiend21

Fiend21 Virgin

So, maybe I'm just being stupid, but it seems when I go to edit my story and I view the story map, half of the links jut out in entirely the wrong place for some reason, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. I've taken a screencap of it, if I'm explaining it as badly as I think I am.
    https://prnt.sc/flbsch
    Anyhow, if anyone knows how to fix it or what the issue is or anything I'd appreciate it.

20. Fiend21

Fiend21 Virgin

Found another one, in the editing of one of my chapters, although the title is there when I look at the draft of the chapter and in the story map, when I go to edit it the title area, the area where you need to put the title disappears and I can't publish the chapter as it says there's no title.