CHYOA Remakes

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by AlexandraS90, Apr 21, 2023.

1. AlexandraS90

AlexandraS90 Really Experienced

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's become apparent these past few years that we really do live in the world of the "remake". Across every sector of entertainment, creators have been retelling their most cherished stories, and no one can argue with the results.

Why should movies, video games, and tv have all the fun, or reap all the rewards. Remember, if you find yourself stuck, unable to think of how to continue that plot, get those two characters together, the best thing to do, both for your creative fulfillment, and your follower count, is to start that baby all over again.

2. insertnamehere

insertnamehere Really Really Experienced

Off the top of my head, At The Cabin and The Journey Begins have both received remakes in a way.

Cuchuilain and TheLowKing like this.
  3. TheLowKing

TheLowKing Really Really Experienced

Noooo, never go backwards! Is your story bad? Suck it up and keep going anyway! You'll get better!

(Getting stuck writing beginnings is the #1 trap for aspiring writers.)

pwizdelf and Cuchuilain like this.
  4. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

Hah, the thought definitely had occured to me to remake Hard Candy

Altough remaster would probably be more accurate. I'm fairly happy with the story beats. Just the writing itself could use a lot more polish.

But I have many other projects in the pipe line. So, I don't see it happen anytime soon.

TheLowKing and Cuchuilain like this.
  5. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

If someone wants to reboot Lois Lane's Night Out or Bad Sex, choosing only the branches they like and expanding on the ideas with better writing, be my fucking guest.

pwizdelf, TheLowKing, Alibara and 2 others like this.
  6. Unknown7

Unknown7 Really Experienced

I've been doing remakes of Dark Lord and various branches of Reincarnated in a Fantasy Setting. I should get back on them.

7. Dissonant Soundtrack

Dissonant Soundtrack Really Really Experienced

My story Deep Cover is, in effect, my remake of the game Female Agent. I used to write for it and had a very different vibe in mind than Crush, so I picked it up and took it in my direction.

huginn, TheLowKing and Cuchuilain like this.
  8. Pasin

Pasin Really Experienced

Like a story about Lois Lane having a small penis and being dominated by a femboy version of Blaze?

Maybe a Bad Sex story where the girl has a micropenis or the femboy takes the BDSM session too far?

IWannaSpankGirls likes this.
  9. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

I mean, those could just be branches of LLNO or Bad Sex. Which is the major issue with remaking many CHYOA stories, the premise is usually elastic enough that any given remake could just be another branch on the tree.

But sure, if that floats your boat, go for it.

Pasin, TheLowKing and huginn like this.
  10. IWannaSpankGirls

IWannaSpankGirls Experienced

Maybe I could remake the Redemption of Gina Walker. There are some plot beats that I think would have been better rearranged, though I cam overall happy with it. Though, I am nearly finished with the original. Writing has just been taking far longer than I thought it would.

Pasin likes this.
  11. Pasin

Pasin Really Experienced

Maybe I can make those branches.

12. AlexandraS90

AlexandraS90 Really Experienced