Braving the Vampire's Castle

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by WritingsInTheMoonlight, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Morning, Afternoon, and Evening All. I wanted to reach out now that I've got some headway behind the "main" storyline of what will be Braving the Vampire's Castle, and so I wanted to ask for opinions. I feel like the story is being decently well received, despite not having any branching paths yet (my intent being to complete the primary story before moving onto the other branches).

All the same, I was just looking for input thus far as this is the first time I've done something like this.

Thank you for any constructive comments or criticisms.

chris_brown and MidbossMan like this.
  2. MidbossMan

MidbossMan Really Really Experienced

I'm not all the way done with the story yet bit this is right up my alley! It's got action, romance, monster-fucking, powerful women, and even comedy here and there. Plus, the settings and the sexual scenarios are all really vividly described. Really deserves to catch fire, in my opinion! Going on my list of stories I recommend to people.

I do think when you're just starting the story there's a bit of a whiplash from "romance story sex with your human girlfriend" through chapters 1-3, then a kind of grim-dark violence in chapter 4, that maybe makes it hard for people to fully visualize what the story is going to be like for most of its run. That could generate some trepidation in readers. Not sure if there's a way to "fix" that, but it's just a thought that came to me. I think anyone that keeps going to the harpy part will love it.

3. chris_brown

chris_brown Really Experienced

I'd say you're doing a fantastic job with it so far,if you ever run up against a wall with regards to any of the branches hit me up and we can discuss ideas

4. Thank you! I really appreciate it.

And yea, honestly, the beginning is the part I already feels the most reworking, so I've been thinking about that. Chapter 4 in particular was meant to reflect my original intent of a more bipolar of sexy/scary, with more scary meant to pop up in the branches, but I'm not sure I really want to stick to that anymore. Not to mention, while I HAVE been worldbuilding through the story, I feel like a better opening might add more impact. Still, I think I'll get to the end of the main story before I do anything with that.

All the same, I'm glad you like it. I'm sorry it took me a bit to get back to you. The last few weeks have been awful on this side and I haven't been able to focus on writing at ALL. That said, expect more to come.

MidbossMan likes this.