what do you do if a favorite author is not posting

Discussion in 'Authors' Hangout' started by wicker, Mar 16, 2024.

?

what do you do if a favorite author is not posting

1. Send them a message asking if they have writers block or are busy and you miss their work.

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Give them their space and say nothing

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Other

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. wicker

wicker Really Really Experienced

Send them a message asking if they have writers block or are busy and you miss their work.
    Give them their space and say nothing
    Other

Dansak likes this.
  2. TheLowKing

TheLowKing Really Really Experienced

Add a comment on their latest chapter. Definitely no PMs, unless the author is a personal friend of yours.

3. Dansak

Dansak Really Really Experienced

I'd only ever PM if I knew them well.
    Normally I'd just give them space but sometimes I'll drop an encouraging comment on the last chapter they've written. Something along the lines of 'love this story, hope to see a new chapter when you're ready'.
    I've had stories that I've left for ages, then someone dropped a comment like that in and it inspired me to write more chapters, so it can work well as a positive motivator.

wilparu and TheLowKing like this.
  4. daciasdesire

daciasdesire Really Experienced

Forceably hound Dansak until he returns to the very lovely Fox and her friends! hehehe

Thankfully he has captivated me with another very worthy harem of friends...

Zingiber and Dansak like this.
  5. Dansak

Dansak Really Really Experienced

Well you're a contributor on AAFIL now, so I may hound you for more content!
    Seriously though, thank you for all your hounding, I really do appreciate it.

daciasdesire likes this.
  6. wilparu

wilparu Really Really Experienced CHYOA Backer

Yeah a message on the last chapter is what I'd do as well. PMs are ok but not my first thought unless we have a pre-existing relationship on the site.