The Tower of Voices Voting Thread

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by TheLeherengin, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Boodalian

Boodalian Experienced

Yeah, I don't see any point in punishment. We could get her a gun, we have enough plates. But also I'm not yet sure if I'm happy giving her a gun and we don't really know what is going to power them. It's a trust issue, although it's probably fine as she would need to be self destructive to actually do some damage.

On the subject of equipment we could use some of those plates to make better equipment not reliant on power, just in case.

2. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

Considering that Sally is really sturdy and her desire to protect, I'd like to go in a defensive direction with her. Cherchiel had kinda the role of tank until now, but her style is more rush into enemy and crush them.

So, yeah anything defense related would be my pick. These barriers she used against us would be very handy to have, but I'm not sure how feasible that is

I think the chance of Sally going rogue is...slim. I mean, once we leave this floor she will be unable to get back until we cleared the tower, so betraying us goes against her best interest.

The nice part about AI's is that, while their logic may be twisted, it is still logic. That means we shouldn't have to worry about her doing anything irrational.

I wouldn't mind the gang molesting Sally, but I don't want some rando mob doing it! I mean that's just gross.

So, unless Maple has some ideas about upgrading Bunny-Sally, I think we can move on.

3. Miss-Emmie

Miss-Emmie Experienced

I like the idea of having Sally take over as the party's tank, that sounds great. But if we're settling on gear going forward, we'll have to keep in mind that the plasma rifles can't be fired willy nilly going forward. I'm assuming they'll expend mana, which could be a good option for our teammates without spells (or ones they consistently use in the case of Isalia) but we won't be getting the same use out of them.

4. TheLeherengin

TheLeherengin Really Really Experienced

Just in case it wasn't clear, this is an intentional design choice because a lot of what the party gets in Iralia, is broken powerful in the rest of the tower so giving it only unlimited usage in Iralia is a limiter of sorts on the powers gained.

5. huginn

huginn Really Experienced

Giving Sally some kind of melee weapon as well seems prudent, if our ranged firepower will be more limited in future. I would suggest asking Marten to make a suitable club and shield for her.

6. TheLeherengin

7. Boodalian

Boodalian Experienced

My only practical question is what can recharge them? If it is a case of just give them to Yulia that would be ideal, and probably OP. Otherwise we can just ration the shots, same as granades.

Impractical question, what do you all want to do after all this? Martin too, if he is here.

8. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

Two more floors to go!

This one took....eight months? I'm actually surprised, it felt a lot quicker, but maybe I'm just being used to it by now. Despite minor hiccups, with you know, half the party getting abducted, I felt that was a pretty clean clear and we definitely came out of it stronger.

Also, measured by chapter depth, Tower of voices is now the seventh longest story in the fantasy category and the 24th overall

A desert as the penultimate floor, eh? Maybe that water we carried around for multiple years will finally come in handy lol

This floor will probably be though on...well pretty much anybody but Lri, Isalia and Goma will probably really struggle here. This might be the first time were we have to leave some of the girls back at base camp but I'm probably getting ahead of myself

9. TheLeherengin

Damn that's cool!

10. Miss-Emmie

Miss-Emmie Experienced

I guess my first question is: Does anyone know anything about this vast desert floor we're heading to? I figure Lemiel probably has some insight at least, although this could be another hidden part of the Tower.

Second question, for Isalia and Lri: Do either of you think you'll have trouble on this floor due to the heat, lack of water, and unobstructed sunlight? Like Gambio said, we could let you rest at base camp if necessary given the size of our party.

Some questions for Sally: How long were Maple and the others in stasis? I'm curious how long that state of affairs continued before the Tower intervened by sending Yulia.
    Also, how did the Directive become a floor monster? Some of the previous ones we've encountered like Lumberer and Knocker seemed like things summoned/created by the Tower as obstacles for the Chosen, and Sower was basically the only thing living on the second floor so it had to have been summoned/created. But the Kraken on the previous floor belonged to Levateinn, and the Directive was a creation of Del, meaning they were existing entities that were 'promoted' to floor monster status. We've only got the two floors left, and I want to try to figure out the mystery of what they are and what their role is before we have to deal with the last one (who according to my theory is Alide.)

11. TheLeherengin

12. Boodalian

Boodalian Experienced

One charge per gun when resting. We haven't done resting properly for a while, but this is enough that we can use them a fair bit. The biggest issue with using them too much is if we try to avoid killing the wandering monster as it'll be harder to recharge them repeatedly.

For now I would like a solution to water, and a solution to portable shade would be good too. Water I can only think of setting up a condenser, but I doubt we will be able to. Shade a tent or part of a tent could be taken with us, this might be good as long as it doesn't weigh us down (yay for magic storage space I guess). Or possibly silly and probably unnecessary idea, just carry the tent and walk under shade the whole time assuming the structure allows for it, put Sally on the sunny end and Cherchiel or Lemiel can take the other end.

As for next steps, I think the only thing we could do is wait for the monster but that seems pointless so let's go somewhere. I don't see that it makes much difference unless you think Dreg was telling use what is in each direction. But even if he did I'm still not sure it makes much difference.

13. Miss-Emmie

Miss-Emmie Experienced

Hmmm. It’s interesting that Iralia went ages without any interference from other parts of the Tower, and then a year after Sally takes over Yulia is sent in. On the other hand, part of Sally was taken away and modified specifically to hunt down Chosen. As if the Tower is trying to pit the Chosen and the occupants of the Tower against each other. As for what happened to the Directive as well as the larger mystery… I’ll wait until we see this floor monster before drawing any new conclusions.

Also, we should be prepared to deal with the Archdemon of Gluttony given our track record with the Tower Below. I doubt the Tower put us in a spot that was convenient for us.

As for short term plans, there’s people besides Dreg, right? We should just ask around before we make a move.

14. huginn

Apparently we will have to keep eye on heat exposure and thirst.

It would be useful to try to find a watersource, as we are carrying rather limited amount of water in the inventory.

15. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

Alright, so thirst is an actually mechanic on this floor, that's good to know.

Before anything, we probably should take a look around base camp and see if we can get any provisions, chiefly more water for our journey into the desert.

alternatively, we should check if we can convert anything into water.

We currently have six liters of water and the daily recommended fluid intake for women is 2.7 liters per day, but that's in normal climate, not desert.

With a party of 7(not counting Sally) that water will be gone in a matter of hours, meaning we either want to increase our supply considerable or cut our party in half.

Actually, am I stupid or something? We have Icicle and Blizzard! And Yulia has unlimited mana regen. Unless there is some tower fuckery going on, we should be able to convert these spells into an unlimited water source. That said, just to be sure, I like you to try and cast Icicle into a bucket or something and see if you can drink it.

According to the description, the tech bodysuit is said to offer protection against temperature changes, so that should be fine for everyone except Goma, for which we apparently didn't make one for some reason. Anyways, we should find some desert clothes for the gobbo, because I don't see armor on top of a thick hide outfit be a very prudent choice here.

I also like to gather some information at camp. I don't really fancy Dregs master strategy of just picking a direction and see what's there.

Notable questions:

what are some important landmarks around here?
    Anyone seen Dahlia or Alide?
    Do we have to be wary of that gluttony demon?
    is time a concern? Meaning, will we in addition to hot days also have to deal with freezing cold nights?
    Camel by Camel.
    Can we interest you in our unlimited water making scheme?

16. Boodalian

Boodalian Experienced

Blizzard to just cool everyone down directly? Seems like it might over do it but it is worth a try. Also Maple is listed as "Hot" while everyone else is listed as "Slightly Hot", at risk of reading too much into it we should probably be concerned about this.

Also Goma doesn't have a tech suit because we ran out of cores.

17. TheLeherengin

18. Boodalian

Boodalian Experienced

Goma is "Mana Infused" now. Umm, maybe it effects spells in some way? Try puppet and see if there is any difference?

Fixing the vat as we go shouldn't be an issue, so we have a supply. But the mana water is clearly consumable so we should be able to convert it to normal water if mana water turns out to be bad.

Direction . . . At random let's go west.

19. Miss-Emmie

Miss-Emmie Experienced

I suspect Dreg would want some kind of compensation for info, so let's see what we can learn on our own. I don't see any difference between the directions, so I have no issue with going west.

20. huginn

If Dregs list of inhabitants was in order, west is mummies. That may well be the driest direction.