Is there a thread yet to discuss the 10th anniversary story contest?

Discussion in 'Authors' Hangout' started by remysloane, May 5, 2024.

1. remysloane

remysloane Experienced

I didn't see one yet. I think it was a great idea to have the contest. It's a new and fun way to get your work in front of new readers and hope they get turned on. I don't see any easy way to spot the category or tags of an individual chapter, so you're sort of forced to dig into a chapter to really determine if it's your fancy. That might be a good thing. Good luck to everyone participating.

2. MidbossMan

MidbossMan Really Really Experienced

I've been enjoying reading over the entries little by little. It's like a way to get a representative slice of what everyone else usually writes! Very intriguing.

Would love to see more contests in the future. Maybe something collaborative next time, like a team contest? That'd be fun!

3. RachelDaws

RachelDaws Virgin CHYOA Backer

It is kinda cool to dive through but the fact that it ended up kind of a fetish grab bag where each story could be anything was something I'd like to see fixed next time. Perhaps asking people to list the main theme they intend to tackle in the title?

That said, kudos to the guy who wrote the BBL Drizzy story. Was hilarious to see something that topical pop up.