move the comment section

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheDespaxas, Aug 19, 2017.

1. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

well, then I'd rather prefer
    and/or add a number next to the comment button

to avoid spoilers, though it wouldn't solve Nemo of Utopia's problem.

2. RicoLouis

RicoLouis Really Really Experienced

mindtheMILF likes this.
  3. Kaitou1412

Kaitou1412 Moderator

No and/or about that number. Besides the "and/or" triggering my Posttraumatic Troll Disorder, listing the number of comments on a single thread is a grand idea that should be standard, even more so if this is implemented and the comments are concealed completely on desktop and mobile alike. In addition to possibly drawing more attention to the small bar, it also saves us a click if there are no new comments so long as we can remember how many were there last time we were on the thread page.

The number is a strong must. That shouldn't be debated as there's virtually no loss there. What we do with the comments themselves, at this stage, should come down to Friedman unless someone would like to:

1.) Rebuke the notion that having the option of the hidden tab layout no matter the screen size solves the unwanted spoiler problem.
    2.) Find a solution to Nemo of Utopia's problem, even including making the hidden tab layout work, or propose an alternate.

and without making a post that can be summarized as "Don't change the comments section just cuz."

gene.sis likes this.
  4. mindtheMILF

mindtheMILF Guest

To answer Nemo of Utopia's problem. Now that I have gotten the chance to study the mobile site version. While I still believe that we shouldn't change the comment section just cuz, but that is because I am on the PC version and I love it the way it is. As for the mobile I get it now. Your best bet for functionality is almost making a new site for mobile.

Starting with the front page change the way you view stories instead of this scroll horizontally there could be a few stories with a little arrow that allows expansion vertically. This would also make it easier to scroll down the entire front page of the site. You could even place the side bar currently as it's own section(s), so there are no hidden tabs on the front page.

Now for the writing on a phone and switching between two sub tabs when calculating the votes on a quest story as the issue that Nemo of Utopia asked originally. Perhaps a poll system in quest stories would work with the stats at the top of the page similar to the forums polls. You can remain the comments in the hidden tab system as default. Nemo wouldn't have to work as hard for quest story stats in the process.

How does this sound?

I love to play devil's advocate and middle road as often as possible.

5. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

Mh... maybe copy all comments into the following draft chapter and delete the text between the votes. Also, copy the options to that chapter. That would be the way I would do it on desktop, though I'm not sure how easy it would it is to highlight, copy and paste on mobile.

Well, I think two different versions makes things more difficult as you have to maintain two "different" frontend versions.

6. mindtheMILF

mindtheMILF Guest