40K Black Crusade PbP RPG Sign-Up

Discussion in 'RPG Advertisment' started by Omega98, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

Yeah, you'd have thought that would come up in the Tome of Excess, but NOOO!

2. Omega98

Omega98 CHYOA Guru

LOL!

3. Nemo of Utopia

Because for some damned reason, all manner of hardcore drugs and torture is FINE, but you so much as MENTON the fact that every person on the face of the earth in all of history is the result of sperm meeting egg and OMG people lose their shit!

GenericEditor168 likes this.
  4. Omega98

Omega98 CHYOA Guru

Truth.

5. Omega98

Omega98 CHYOA Guru

Comically enough the book lists all manner of lethal weapons AND narcotics!

6. Nemo of Utopia

Oh, and did we mention weird mind-warping powers, which, strangely have almost nothing to do with encouraging Slaanesh's key demographic of sex, drugs, and violence-addicted thrill seekers?

Honestly, if Slaanesh wanted to seriously build her power base she would grant people variants of this:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Nymphology

EDIT: (In specific, the spell "Power Word: Orgasm"...)

7. Omega98

Omega98 CHYOA Guru

I updated my earlier post with new game information. HUMAN archetypes are now listed.

8. Nemo of Utopia

Um, that's, kinda unhelpful? I did, specifically, call the Slaanesh worshiping gender bent SM...? And you said you were down with that...?

9. Omega98

Omega98 CHYOA Guru

Space Marine Archetypes are up next.

10. Nemo of Utopia

Oh, is it cool if my character is part of Uriah's congregation?

And, you know, kinda worships Slaanesh as a goddess of fertility and marriage? (Open marriage, but, still...)

EDIT: (Because I speak from experience when I say, by design, there's no drug more addictive than truly being in love...)

11. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

Stupid question, but I've read up on what I could find about how this game works. I can't really find any good sources that explain this well.

Do mutations only work under one specific god branch? Khrone is the god of roid rage, sure. Nurgle mutations seem to bless players with strong powers at the cost of having all the sex appeal of a dead raccoon. Okay.

But here's the thing. I read that most of these are random, so are they random powers relating from one god you follow or is it just a pure pool of random chance that could come from anywhere?

Because if it's from a specific discipline than you can at least favor it a certain way with your archetype to some degree. Otherwise:

Apostate: "Hey babe. I got you a drink." *hands woman glass covered in diseased slime*

Woman: "AAAH!" *panics and shoots him*

Apostate: "I've been shot!"

Heretek with burning skull face: "BE CALM LOWLY LIFE FORM! RELAX AS I TREAT YOUR INJURIES!"

Apostate, looking at burning face Heretek: "AAAH!"

Heretek: "RELAX!"

Heretek attempting treatment with Khrone mutated hand, but Apostate still panicked and struggling: "NOW I JUST...OH HAHAHAHA, NOT LIKE YOU NEEDED THAT LIVER ANYWAY!"

So....I mean...I can see the entertainment value to it, but I just want to know how it works.

12. Nemo of Utopia

I think it's completely random, which I've always had a problem with considering how, on the table top, everyone who worships the same god may have unique mutations, as individuals, but they all follow that god's themes...

13. Omega98

Omega98 CHYOA Guru

Mutations work one of two ways. If you're unaligned in your worship of the gods it is random, although you can affect the outcome slightly depending on your Reputation Bonus. If you are aligned with a particular deity you roll for a random mutation from a much, MUCH smaller pool of chances.

14. Nemo of Utopia

Ah, that makes more sense!

15. LizardGod

LizardGod Really Really Experienced

So is this a game that want to run through the forum or a more tradional game running through something like Roll20/Discord?

I am up for trying my hand at a forum RPG and Black Crusade is the only 40k RPG I have not ran or played a game in yet. However I doubt I will have the time to play a normal game. Timezones can be a bitch.

16. LizardGod

LizardGod Really Really Experienced

I realise you prob don't want to just link to a PDF of the core rules but it is prob easier to just use the core rules as they are. I don't think there is too much that needs to be added when it comes to sexual content.

17. Omega98

Omega98 CHYOA Guru

Sure. Why not.

I'd be running it through the forum. I think it just works out to be easier for everyone ultimately.

18. Nemo of Utopia

YAY!!!

ALSO YAY!!! (and "TRUTH!")

19. Omega98

Omega98 CHYOA Guru

Astartes (Space Marine) archetypes have been posted in the earlier thread.

20. GenericEditor168

GenericEditor168 Really Really Experienced CHYOA Backer

I want a very specific mutation (an animalistic form). Can something be worked out for that?