Conditional -If-Statements in Chapter Title/Answer Field

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Linus12, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Linus12

Linus12 Virgin

Just a real quick suggestion. So, I'm writing a story that has preset character names but also the option to customize them. For the most part, this is easy, just write a chapter that links back to the first one that changes a hidden variable. But that can only affect the chapter content, not the title or answer field right now. If I want to use the character's name in those fields, I'm limited to just using the presets. But if it were possible to implement conditional -if-statements into those areas (and enough people would like the idea) then I would really appreciate it.

2. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

The immersion variables should work for chapter title and chapter question as well, though they won't be updated while changing the name on the sidebar but when you reload the page or open the next chapter.

You could create a suggestion within the Suggestion Subforum to make Conditional Branches - If-Statements work within these areas.

3. Apple687

Apple687 Virgin

I would also like to be able to use If-statements in chapter headings - eg. so it could read "Go through the green door" or "go through the door to the sex dungeon" depending on the reader's knowledge from previous chapters. Admittedly now I think about it, I'm not sure how that would be displayed on the story map, URL, search engine, and anywhere else that the chapter title is listed.