Stories from the Grand Empire Player Info/Discussion

Discussion in 'RPG Information' started by merkros, Mar 17, 2018.

1. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Ah, Hexographer! I knew the style looked familiar, but just couldn't remember why.

Thanks for the answers. That's all the questions I have for now. Maybe I'll have more when the game starts. :)

merkros likes this.
  2. GenericEditor168

GenericEditor168 Really Really Experienced CHYOA Backer

Name: Thritch
    Sex: Male
    Class: Hexblade
    Race: Rosen
    Looks:
    [​IMG]
    Skills and spells:
    Swordfighting: Thritch has been trained to use a sword as more than a sharp thing to hit people with. This includes stances, parries, feints, and actually attacking.
    Agility: Rosen are naturally flexible, and Thritch has practiced until the natural flexibility has become a skill with fast and nimble movement.
    Charm: Living as a Rosen is often tricky, as a lot of people distrust the race from their appearance and prior behaviour. Most ratmen learn to run away fast, or else stay clear of humans. Thritch learned to talk his way out of problems instead.
    Blade of Black Blood: Coats the caster's blade in a black liquid, which is a paralytic poison.
    Shield of Words: The caster must speak three words of protection clearly and loudly to cast this spell. Then, any time in the next twelve hours that the caster is physically attacked, the words spoken will appear around him and protect him, before being used up. Note that certain words are more powerful, and that only enough words to prevent the harm will appear.

Background:
    Thritch was born in the hills of western Skeea, part of a small Rosen community, and raised to be a scout, like his father and grandfather before him. However, a roving Serpentine mage saw that he possessed a knack for magic, and bought him off the village.
    He had been raised as a scout for too long to ever learn true mastery of magic, but he could combine his magical training with his training in swordfighting and agile movement, which he did, becoming a Hexblade.

Equipment:
    A leather glove with an attached bracer - normally worn on the sword arm.
    Pair of leather boots, reinforced with bronze, enchanted to weigh nothing at all.
    Two pairs of trousers.
    Red cloak.
    Sword and dagger, the sword is steel with a leather-wrapped redwood handle, the dagger is just bronze with a leather wrapping for a grip.
    Tailblade (just for show, he has no idea how to use it).
    Water flask.
    Spellbook (notepad-sized).

moonblack likes this.
  3. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

I hope I didn't make you feel rushed @GenericEditor168 . I just knew you were interested in joining needed to know what you were doing so I could make some plans. Sorry if it caused any inconvenience.
    I got a chuckle out of this. Although I'm curious what kind of race a Serpentine is in this particular canon. I can guess that it has something to do with snakes, but the possibilities are numerous.

Anyway, Anyone who wants to make any last minute changes to their character should probably do so ASAP as once you start, your character's set in stone for the start of the game.

4. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

I added the following to Vi'lea's sheet (inventory section):

5. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

I figure we should actually start OOCing discussion here where we're supposed to rather than at the end of our posts.

Literally the only way this worked was because of a mixture of your innocent expression and circomstance. If you didn't break into the guest room and know that it existed, had the noble that you were stalking not just gotten home, if you weren't so damn cute and innocent. She would have screamed bloody murder.

Nice Job! ;)

6. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

So, don't know where to put it but...I'm probably visiting my brother on the weekend so I will be gone for a couple days. Sorry now for future inaction, but just want to be clear so you don't have to keep waiting for me. So if I'm inactive for too long, I won't hold it against you if you do something to speed the game along in that time.

7. GenericEditor168

It's okay, I'll shortly be going on holidays for about two weeks.

8. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

Well, we're not exactly moving at a breakneck speed. So it's fine.

That's seems to be the nature of PbP games anyway.

9. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

On the topic of money, how much money should Vi'lea have? When making the character I imagined her having ~100 coins, but I didn't take the whole copper-silver-gold into account. Maybe 100 Silver? Or is that too much/too little?

10. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

That's a good question. Probably at the very most 50 silver. I'm not going to be super strict with the coin management. Things will go up to gold eventually and silver and copper won't be relevant and even then unless you folks really want to keep track of exact coin figures. I'm probably not going to bother too much with it.

11. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

So, I'm leaving even sooner than I thought I would. Like tomorrow. Which...I don't mind spending time with family, I guess. But obviously, I can't really be working on stuff here while I'm there. That's not a conversation that I plan on having anytime soon(Though he suspects this is what I do with my time whenever I tell him I'm working on my normal writing anyway. Mainly as a joke though. Mainly.)

But yeah, it's going to be dead on my end at least until Sunday(maybe) or Monday(more likely).

12. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

That's fine. I have D&D all day tomorrow and work Sunday. So updates are going to slow considerably anyway.

13. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

Figured I'd drop a line and see if any of the players are still interested in this.

No is an acceptable response after all this time.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  14. GenericEditor168

Yes, I still am.

15. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Yes, I still am. Just give me a little time to re-read everything, as my memory is a little fuzzy.

16. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

I still am too, even though I don't really do much on here anymore.

I don't remember the exact details of it all so it might take a while for my brain to catch up though.

17. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

All right, I'll give everyone a couple of days to catch up.

I know it's probably folly to try and revive this after so long of inactivity, but I guess we'll see what happens...

18. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

19. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Seems like GenericEditor168 has not been around since last year, and Auraicide is currently not very active.

Personally, I would not mind continuing this for a while longer, even if it is just one-on-one for the moment. Haven't actually tried a one-on-one game before, so it would be a new experience for me (I have seen similar one-on-one games in another forum, but that's not the same as actually playing) and I am curious what that quest for the wood in the vault was all about...

20. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

Unfortunately the storyline was intended for multiple people. I don't really know how I would proceed with just one player. I know that there's at least one person interested in joining in, but the position that we're in(balls deep into a dungeon) kind of makes it difficult to spontaneously introduce more players.