Black Crusade (PbP RPG) (Closed)

Discussion in 'Sexual RPGs' started by Omega98, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

Lola purposely lingered a few feet back, curious to what was going to happen. She made great effort to keep the thoughts of what she was seeing to herself. If anyone asked she would gladly tell them this place is definitely NOT a dirty, ugly, rundown place that diseased animals wouldn't want to be caught dying in.

Ultimately, she just felt good to be out and starting to feel like she was actually doing something.

2. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

A new voice comes over the speaker unexpectedly, cracleling with energy, power, and amusement. "Jessica, did I not teach you to learn the lay of the political landscape before you made any untrue statements? Come to the palace at once, your requests, for your true purpose, shall be granted: IF you have something to trade that is worth the exchange, your companions can do the negotiations, YOU, clearly need some remedial training..." The voice declared, while Jessica's posture goes instantly from confident swagger to dejected whipped hound...

"Come on, you heard the Demon-Prince," she says walking off in the direction that a glowing arrow sign has suddenly appeared on the pavement of the spaceport...

3. GenericEditor168

GenericEditor168 Really Really Experienced CHYOA Backer

Varis Kar starts to follow Jessica.

Warp, that was stupid, he thinks to himself. If she knew the planet had a Daemon prince on it, and moreover one who was watching her, and a perfectly valid identity, why lie? Claiming to be from the Alpha Legion was deception enough, without rousing the ire of an immortal being far more powerful than herself.

He also wonders what the daemon prince looks like. Was he attractive? Kar had always wanted to indulge with a daemon, well, always since his revelation, but nothing before that really mattered.

4. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

(OOC: Dam. It's been so long since stuff has happened I barely remember all the stuff I learned so I could play this.)

Getting stuck following things seems like the course of things. Even if not convenient, common sense would have it that you do not argue with a daemon prince. Maybe a little reluctantly, it didn't show as she opted to tag along. Superstitiously keeping a bit farther behind than everyone else, just in case.

5. LizardGod

LizardGod Really Really Experienced

(Thought I had hit enter on a reply but guess I didn't)

Cassandra frowns, very aware of her own weakness compared to the traitor marine, it only made her having to follow order chafe all the more as the followed the rest of the group off the landing pad.

6. Nemo of Utopia

Up and down the streets your stumbling feet march to the trundling tread,
    The rum-a-tum beat that guides the sneet to rouse folks out of their beds,
    The crowd gathers round to "dum-bum-thumb" pound, as out to the palace you head,
    Till with iron clad will and lighting flash chill, you mount the steps of the dead,
    Into the hall, and backs to the wall, you enter the palace of dread,
    For far and away, long gone is the day, where you ever so lightly had said,
    "Caleau and Calais, to the planet we'll stray, to steal away books from their shed!"

Alright, poetry aside, that is exactly what happens: for during your journey over to the palace you ARE parts of that poem, specifically the letters A, E, and O.

Ah yes, but the poem is a cinematic poem, there is visual accompaniment!

At first, everything seems fairly normal you follow the little glowing signs on the ground but after a while, you start realizing that the strobing lights of the obsidian pillars which light the main thoroughfares of the city have changed hue from glaring white to a kind of anti-orange and this weird little fruit like a beet crossed with a dragon fruit is marching in front of you playing the saxophone and quite the crowd is coming out of their houses to follow along behind and in front of you. Eventually, you get to one of those lightning staircases and climb up it, all of your letters and the beet/dragon-fruit-thing and onto the steps of the palace which are made out of carefully interlocked and sculpted human bones. Great brass doors fifty feet high swing open and everyone marches inside following the fruit this little jaunt has paradoxically taken you both 90 seconds: 90 minutes: and 90 hours: all at the same time. the rest of the letters follow the Beet down towards the kitchen but you miraculously are freed from its influence and no longer letters: left standing in a vast colonnaded entry hall decorated with various trophies artfully displayed behind stasis fields and panes of daimond... No one comes out to greet you, no receptionist, no major-domo, no herald, you are left to your own devices for the moment, and uncharacteristically, Jessica is not being her normal brash and bold self, she stands, stoic and unmoving, like a cerasteel and adamantium statue, awaiting the results of the group's decision, almost like a puppet put away for the night...

7. Nemo of Utopia

(It has been brought to my attention that I've given everyone an inadequate amount of information to formulate a response to the present situation/a way to move forward from the current area. Therefore, I am playing one of my "get out of jail free" cards and adding in extra detail and kicking off some debate about what to do next: I apologize for this regrettable intermezzo.)

Additional Description: the hall in which you stand towers approximately a hundred feet high, and appears to be made primarily from black marble. The supermassive columns that hold up the roof are carved and fluted from red granite, while the light fixtures and accents are made from human bone, in the same style as that famous roman catholic monastery in Poland. There are eight doors that you can see leading out of this space, the one by which you entered, which is a fifty foot high and forty foot across (twenty per panel) double door made of brass each cast as a single piece like the famous doors of the great shrine to the Buddha in pre-western China. The other Seven doors are as follows: there is a simple spruce door banded with iron above which is a plaque that reads simply "Kitchens" directly off to the left, directly to the right is a set of rusty Iron bars which have a plaque above them that reads “DUNGEON”. At the top center of the room is an Irised portal that is marked only “Turret Tower: No Unauthorized Admittance.” While directly below that is a pair of large trap doors marked “To: Nurgling Spawning Pit & Latrine Outfall Chamber.”

The next two doors are at the back of the 300-foot long chamber and are small and unobtrusive. One is marked simply ‘tools’ and is made of an unknown greenish wood with a cutout in the shape of a shovel. The other is made of steel and is unmarked but a clawing, moaning, and banging sound comes from the other side.

The final set of doors are the ones at the other end of the hall, which are the same size as those by which you entered, but far more artfully decorated and made of Iron, gold, silver, and precious gems, telling the story of the local Daemon-Prince’s rise to glory, in which you note occasional appearances by what can only be Jessica, including as a small character at the last scene, receiving a badge of office from the Daemon-Prince’s hand…

The trophies that decorate the hall include many significant items that would be of great use to you if you could prise them from their present locations: suits of Guard Issue Carapace Armor, Mastercrafted Power Swords, Power Fists, a suit of human fitted Terminator Armor, what appears to be the decapitated body of a Genestealer Patriarch, more than a few books of sorcerous lore and ritual, along with various simple odds-and-ends whose significance is explained only by the accompanying plaques. Each one is accessible by a winding wrought iron staircase and spotlighted by an arc-lamp made from the back of a human skull lined with silver.

Your hopes are dashed on one score, however, the Tome of Srythendalt is not here.

Now knowing all of that, it’s time for some conversation: Seeing how her mistress appears to have folded up and put away mentally at encountering their former master in residence here Pearl is picking up the slack. “I think this chamber is some kind of test, a test of what we do and who we are: what is everyone else’s feelings about this?” She asks, turning to the other three who haven't checked out on her...

8. GenericEditor168

GenericEditor168 Really Really Experienced CHYOA Backer

Varis Kar looks around, noting his choices. There's no point in going to the kitchens. It might be helpful to have advanced knowledge of the dungeons, but the layout could change between now and whenever he's locked up, and if he doesn't screw up he won't be going there anyway.

The tower would be interesting... but probably not worth the risk. The tools shed is... interesting, and might be worth a look. Whatever's locked up across from it can stay locked up, as far as Varis is concerned. That just leaves the final set of doors, which would be worth looking at.

As for the trophies... Varis decides, after some thought, that stealing these would be really fucking stupid. He turns to Pearl. "I think that you're right, and that the safest thing to do is to not steal anything."

9. Nemo of Utopia

Due to several players withdrawing from the game and an overall lack of progress, the remaining players and I have collectively decided to hang this up as a bad job, I apologize to anyone who was following along with the story for the part I played in that event.