Lois Lane's Night Out

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by Zeebop, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

A little slow on writing last week, but hoping to get more done this week.

2. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

Too tired to do the numbers tonight, but we reached our second full 20-chapter storyline, which finished with End: The Birthing. If it gets 10 likes, I'll write an epilogue chapter--although anyone interested in continuing the storyline can do so without waiting for me. Other than that, slow and steady progress being made on all fronts. We're still a little ways away from giving the second options for some of the most popular chapters, but hopefully I'll get started on those by next week or so, depending on how the likes/bookmarks direct things.

3. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

Writing has been a little slow lately, with the like overtaking progress with chapters the last ten days or so. Which is good (more likes, so better idea of what people like) and bad (likes increase more than I can write chapters for them). I don't want to try to push myself to do too many chapters a day, though, as I feel when I do that the chapters aren't of sufficient quality. There's still a fair number of chapters that don't meet the threshold for continuation.

Aside: Was reading this and realized from that our adult-oriented adventures tend to have either WAY more decision points or WAY more consecutive chapter runs than the old gamebooks.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/cyoa-choose-your-own-adventure-maps

4. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

And the first epilogue, Epilogue: Wedded Bliss. A little lovey-dovey, but I'm sappy enough to like a happy ending. I guess if it got 20 likes I might do a bad ending, but that would sort of be against the flow of things.

5. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

About a week away from 600 chapters, at current rates. The good news is, there has been progress. Been getting a lot of like which has caused some shuffling of things, but currently sitting at 28 chapters with 5 likes that need continuations - I expect that to fluctuate, as new chapters gain more likes and old chapters are upvoted through binges through the paths, so while I'm not sure when exactly we'll hit the magical point where I go back write second branch for chapters 9+ that have 10 or more likes, if nothing changes I would expect four weeks until we get a second branch for Make Me Pregnant.

Not that that should stop anyone from liking/favoriting the chapters they want to see get continued.

6. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

Okay, just crossed over to 601 chapters - and we're sitting at 26 chapters with 5 likes that need continuations. Which doesn't sound like much progress (net total -2, after writing about 12 chapters), but that's what happens: older chapters and new chapters get liked and favorited, and if they're liked fast enough (or a couple people do a story binge and like a bunch of chapters at once), progress can be limited. I mean, the stories are still moving along nicely, for the most part, just sort of chasing the magic point at which I switch over to writing second options for the most popular chapter 9+ chapters that have 10 or more likes.

7. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

Up to 616 chapters, including two new chapter 20 endings: End: Anal Whores and End: I Want A Baby (I promise not every ending will have Lois Lane knocked up, it's just that those are the most popular branches so far).

There are 23 chapters with 5 likes left to write continuations on, before I go back and do the second options for chapters with 10+ likes...so "the" end is nowhere in sight, and might not be at this rate, but we're still looking at a good amount of content written so far. Definitely been a learning experience on my part...and not a lot of feedback on what people would like to see. I do try to give people what they want, but the particular approach means it could be a little while for even short storylines to work themselves out, unless people like and favorite the chapters they want to see continued.

8. targetthyself

targetthyself Virgin

Love your work, I wish you were writing something about a universe I cared about, that's about my only critique.

Tip and Zeebop like this.
  9. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

Thanks. I've got something different planned if/when this story eventually reaches its natural end.

10. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

628 chapters as of this comment. Was traveling this weekend, so fewer updates than I'd hoped, on top of which there were a lot of likes/bookmarks the last week so feeling a little behind of where I want to be...but, no rush. This is a hobby, after all, not a race.

11. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

635. Production's down, and gonna be less this week because I have to travel (family shenanigans). On a surprising note, the interracial/big black cock impregnation/John Henry Iron branch has been getting some attention lately. Anyone morbidly interested the current start of the branch is 8.2 Blackbred Cunts and proceeds through 15.1 John Henry Irons, Of Course. Latter is sitting at 3 likes as I write this, so if you want to see it continue, like and/or favorite and I'll get to it when I can.

Also, another epilogue, only our second: Lois Takes Her Turn In the Stocks. I'm still fiddling with BDSM-related stuff, it's one of those things I can appreciate but isn't one of my personal fetishes, so...not sure how well I handle that kind of thing.

Lot of experimenting with different kinks in this story, really.

12. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

Just posted the 650th chapter, which feels like a bit of an accomplishment. Been back on track recently, with a steady two-chapters-a-day...which still leaves many chapters left to be written. I know this isn't all everybody's cup of tea, being fanfiction and all, but I reckon at worst it's practice for some other stories I want to tell...and I like the range of themes to be explored (even if impregnation is still a favorite as far as likes and bookmarks go). Still not a lot of suggestions as to where people want to see particular storylines go, though I try to accommodate...ah, well. Like I said, long way left to go.

13. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

State of the story: 671 chapters. A new End: Orgasmic Birth, and an epilogue to an epilogue, Epilogue: Body Image Issues.

Fair number of likes and bookmarks over the last week, so while the story is progressing a lot more chapters have hit the threshold for continuation. There are currently 37 sitting at 5 likes with no continuation written as of yet - that's a definite increase, and I've got to clear out those before I write the second options for chapters with 10+ likes. On the plus side, that means people are reading and liking what they read, on the other hand the spread means that some chapters go a lot longer between continuations. But that was always going to happen, and ending at chapter 20 means that even popular storylines (like, surprisingly, the stone statue/summoning chamber route) hit their caps and slow down.

Still not a huge amount of feedback on what people would like to see, except for likes. I've had request for more demonic transformations, Lois whoring, romantic consensual relationship with Clark Kent, and same with John Henry Irons. Anybody else got something? I can't promise when I'll get to it, but there's definitely room for plenty of ideas yet.

I've got a couple other story ideas I've been playing with, but I want to finish this story first, whenever that happens to my satisfaction.

14. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

692 chapters. Not as many likes this week, but that's okay. Been making solid progress on sequels to the older 5-like chapters (down from 37 to 28). While these are the most-popular-of-the-least-popular, I still think some of these storylines have a bit of life left in them.

Still not a lot of feedback as to general directions readers would like a story to go, so...just following my own lead on that. With a fair bit of sexy times, because that's where we're at; the plot chapters don't seem to garner as many votes, which means those branches tend to wither...but not always. Probably going to play with a spirit pregnancy in the Lois-and-the-flapper-ghost storyline, but maybe possession instead. Time travel doesn't seem very popular.

15. Rubicon

Rubicon Really Experienced

For the record -- I really like this story. You've got one of the best developed actual Choose-Your-Own I've seen, and as an unrepentant Lois Lane (and Lex Luthor) lover, this is like a delicious cheesecake.

I haven't gone through and done a ton of Likes yet, but I'm going to hopefully over the weekend -- the branches are so well developed I want to really clear some time to look through.

Zeebop likes this.
  16. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

https://chyoa.com/chapter/Spirit-Surrogacy.524517

This is one of those chapters I always end up second-guessing on...I know what I want to happen, and it happens, but did I go into enough detail? Should I go back and try to make it sexy? It's basically a plot development chapter, setting up events farther down the line. Always hard to tell if I've done a good job on that until the likes come in...or they don't.

17. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

712 chapters. Not going to be a good week, writing-wise - travel last weekend and travel this coming weekend. But it goes on, and the sitting at chapter 19 Hymen Restoration is almost ready to end. Things should be back on track soon, though.

18. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

728 chapters, which is not bad progress for a week. Currently we have seven full paths, all the way to 20 chapters, with End: Lois Needs The Dick just posted. Down to 19 chapters with 5 likes left, so we're getting closer to the secondary chapters, which should be fun.

I think part of the overall sprawling nature of the piece might be intimidating some readers, especially with the broad range of fetishes involved, some quite niche...debating how and if to provide a guide for readers, sort of like the Kryptonite App but for the Blaze side of things. Oddly, none of the Luthor-branches have hit 20 chapters yet, although a couple of them are creeping up there, so depending on how likes go we might see a couple new endings by the end of February. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears.

19. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

747 chapters. General progress, fewer likes overall, which I think means either fewer people reading it or fewer people liking chapters. Down to 7 chapters with 5 likes left, so this coming week we'll probably get into the second chapters. That'll take at least a month or two, not counting shuffling-of-priorities as likes roll in.

...can't tell if the lack of likes is because of when I'm posting, or what I'm posting, or if the general scale of the thing is intimidating to potential readers at this point.

20. Rubicon

Rubicon Really Experienced

On my side I'm significantly behind, Zeebop. I'm going to carve out a chunk of time as soon as I can and navigate through several of the byways.

On the other hand, likes seem to be slowing down across the board on my things, too. So... it's not impossible that February is just a slower month in general, this year?