Post bug reports here!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by airwreck, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

It was online according to the monitoring system.

2. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

3. Nemo of Utopia

Anyone else getting bad gateway errors on the main site?

4. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Yes, there was a short downtime. Everything is fine now?

5. Nemo of Utopia

Yes, I just wasn't expecting it and almost lost a chapter: but I was able to get it back with the back button on my browser and it was successfully uploaded, so...

Friedman likes this.
  6. When a new story is pending approval by a moderator, the individual chapters of that story are put into the same state as they are when you submit chapters to someone else's story and they're awaiting approval by the story's owner. This can lead to some strange behavior.

You are able to approve your own chapters (since you're the story owner, and you can do that) and they'll be public, even if the whole story itself isn't. They won't show up in "Recently Updated Sex Stories" but they will show up in the "Recent Activity" feed and on your own profile. Also, these chapters end up getting counted twice: once when you self-approve and once when a moderator then approves the whole story, so your total number of chapters ends up doubled.

Friedman and gene.sis like this.
  7. RicoLouis

RicoLouis Really Really Experienced

I keep getting the same notfication from one hour ago every time I go to a new page. If I go to show all it says there has been more added since then but I keep getting the one new notfication red tag and it shows the same names. Tried messenger as well but it didn't want to work right for some reason.

Now Messanger is doing the same saying I have a message but can't see any new messages.

Friedman likes this.
  8. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

It looks like Cloudflare (our proxy) has suddenly changed their caching behavior. I changed the setting accordingly now. If it still doesn't work, you'd have to do a hard refresh in your browser. For Chrome, this would be the key combination CMD + Shift + R (or empty the browser cache).

9. RicoLouis

RicoLouis Really Really Experienced

Thanks. Figured it out this morning. I couldn't see neither the messages on the main site nor your reply here in the forums but I could get notifications that their were reply's to both which threw me for a bit.

Friedman likes this.
  10. Bauer1

Bauer1 Virgin CHYOA Backer

The list of stories in 'Recently Updated Sex Stories' has stayed the same for the last 5 days for me. Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

11. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Have you tried clearing your browser cache? Our proxy (Cloudflare) changed a setting a few days ago that instructed the browser to save loaded pages for 8 days.

See also:

12. Bauer1

Bauer1 Virgin CHYOA Backer

Fantastic. Thanks for your help :)

Friedman likes this.
  13. ffff1f

ffff1f Virgin

Hi, I can't access my notifications for about two days now. I click on them and nothing happens besides the icon changing from 'unclicked' to 'clicked'. Please advise.

14. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Have you tried clearing your browser cache? Our proxy (Cloudflare) changed a setting a few days ago that instructed the browser to save loaded pages for 8 days.

See also:

15. Nemo of Utopia

Smut MD is janked, its not registering tags on older stories...

Friedman likes this.
  16. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I'll look into it. Thanks!

17. HarmonyMotion

HarmonyMotion Virgin

18. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

HarmonyMotion likes this.
  19. HarmonyMotion

HarmonyMotion Virgin

lol got it!

Friedman likes this.
  20. wicker

wicker Really Really Experienced

was going through my story Celebrity Hypnotist, and when I came to the chapter "Office fun," I keep getting a security error from my anti-virus software. "Deceptive site ahead" and a warning about "spankwiki my trick you into doing something dangerous like installing malware or revealing personal information."

Friedman likes this.