An Introduction, an Invitation and a question

Discussion in 'Authors' Hangout' started by Twinklestar75, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Twinklestar75

Twinklestar75 Experienced

Hi everyone. I am new here. I am Twinklestar and I will writing new stories that Hopefully everyone will enjoy. I am Okay at this, but I am really looking forward to working with other writers. I am full open to let people work on other threads I didn't work on or even think about. I guess I am suppose to leave authors notes about what my thoughts one things are.

My question is: How do I approach an author about adding something to the story. Like a decision they didn't finish or they didn't even think of?

2. Regin34

Regin34 CHYOA Guru

First you said what kind of story you want to write. You know, not everyone is intrested in the same theme.

3. Twinklestar75

Yes, I am aware of that. Thank you for that warm welcome by the way.
    I am looking to write a story about a married couple, super plain, and they discover their wild side...that may not include each other. Not at all derived from real life at all. Also they agree that all is fair game. Only in my story the husband actually goes along with it.

Of course that's not my only idea and would love to work on other writers on theirs.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  4. Regin34

Regin34 CHYOA Guru

Well, sounds intresting but this isn't my theme. I'm more into fantasy, enf and bdsm. Not romance and problems of couple. But I wish you good writing.

5. Twinklestar75

What is enf?

6. Ben Rosewood

Ben Rosewood Really Experienced

Embarrassed Nude Female (for example a woman being stripped in public against her will)

7. Regin34

Regin34 CHYOA Guru

Embrassed nude female. When protagonist lost clothes and She tried to awoid being seen by anyone.

8. Twinklestar75

Ah. I am pretty my story will get into Bdsm in the end. My end goal is not to have the married couple not married at the end of the story. As I will explore a MD/lg relationship on the female side. If not in this story then maybe in another. No idea what to do with they guy. Point is this will less a romance story then more a explore there sexual boundaries and land in someone else's arms...or laps.

I have also requested to adopt two other stories.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  9. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

Are you asking about how to ask a story owner because you want to add to their story or how to ask other authors to ask them to add chapters to your story?

10. Twinklestar75

I want to approach an author and ask...can I add some to this story/ add chapters were you left off? Do you dm/pm them? Is there a forum thread? What is the accepted protocol?

11. Twinklestar75

12. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

Well, basically, you can just add to the story after reading their Writer Guidelines (these are shown on the "Add Chapter" page)
    This only works for moderated and public stories. It isn't possible on private stories.
    If the story is public, your chapter will be shown immediately.
    If the story is moderated, the story owner (or an editor) has to approve the chapter. Most story owners appreciate additions and will approve them. If the quality of their writing doesn't meet their standards, they might edit your work or decline it and ask you to revise it.

So it could also be an advantage to ask a story owner first.
    And I think it is just as simple like
    I think there are more users on the site who would like others to add to their stories than users who actually add to other authors' stories, so you shouldn't have any problems with that ;)

Depending on what you exactly want, you could also ask them for sth like if they would edit your chapter, give you advice, collaborate with you on a chapter and so on.

(If you choose a story where the owner wasn't here for a long time, you can ask on the forum for approval by a moderator or adopt a story like you already did.)

13. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

Writer Guidelines: