Make Customized Name Persist when Logged In

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by fikka, May 14, 2019.

1. fikka

fikka Experienced

I like Customized Stories, especially ones with many characters. I have one in the works with a ton of characters. However, what really bugs me is after a certain period of time or when logging out/in, those customized names return back to the default names the author has set.

I don't think this should be a difficult enhancement to have the customized names persist especially when logged in. Probably also gives an incentive to Users to create an account.

What do others think ?

2. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

It might be possible to do that similar to save games. You might want to create a suggestion in the Suggestion forum or ask a moderator to move this thread there.

(Though it might not work as an incentive for creating an account as you would only find out that it doesn't work after creating an account o_O)

3. RejectTed

RejectTed Really Experienced

A similar suggestion has been made.
    https://forum.chyoa.com/threads/a-small-but-significant-improvement-to-game-mode.1664/

Personally, I usually just use default names. How the character looks or acts is more important.

But by creating an account, they would get a new feature (having the name saved).

gene.sis likes this.
  4. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

5. RejectTed

RejectTed Really Experienced

It was easy to find with this list by RicoLouis

fikka likes this.
  6. fikka

fikka Experienced

As a make shift measure I'm now using a Chrome Extension 'Form Vault' to do this. Would be nice if it was integrated into the site by default.

And if customization is your fetish I do recommend using 'Word Replacer II' as well, essentially allowing the ability to customize any story with decent results. It's even useful for customized story where for some reason, some authors feel that they will not use name variables anymore and hard-code the default names in their Chapter's and killing in my opinion the soul purpose of a customized story.