Threads approval reports

Discussion in 'CHYOA General' started by Mr.B., Aug 2, 2014.

1. Simon_Silver

Simon_Silver Guest

I would like to put another vote behind 'The Toy Shop' by Trouser, I submitted a thread to that over two weeks ago and it STILL is neither approved nor denied.

2. Simon_Silver

Simon_Silver Guest

Thanks for dealing with that Friedman, but don't you think it's about time to give that story to someone else?

3. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Sure, would you like to be editor?

4. Simon_Silver

Simon_Silver Guest

Gladly, though didn't someone else ask you for that just a few weeks ago? Not saying 'no' just that there may be others more worthy of the honor, and if you could give it to both of us: twice as many eyes, twice as fast response... (That's the theory anyway...)

5. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Thanks for reminding me :) I've given you and bob10 editing rights.

6. Simon_Silver

Simon_Silver Guest

Thanks! I will be sure to use them responsibly.

7. Noahendless

Noahendless Experienced

Could you please, take a look at my first story and hopefully approve it.

8. lordsomno

lordsomno Virgin

Goodson added a thread to Everybody's Mine, which I want to approve. But I cannot figure out how? There is no option for me to approve it. Help!

9. Trugbild

Trugbild Really Experienced

Click on the small arrow at top right, then "manage stories", then the tab "waiting for your approval"

or you can follow that link:
    http://chyoa.com/manage/pending

10. voyager65

voyager65 Virgin

I have had threads pending for 2 weeks (is that long enough to post here?) on "Master Virus," by ZombieToph. I just wanted to see if I could get them approved.
    Thanks.

11. madmaniac

madmaniac Experienced

I added a thread to Den of the Cave Toads over a week ago and was wondering if I could get it approved?

12. Dewey888

Dewey888 Virgin

Can you approve my new stories thanks in advance

13. Evenite

Evenite Virgin

Hey, any chance my first story could be approved? Its been over a week.

Sorry if I'm being impatient. I'm just... impatient. ;)

Awesome site by the way!

Friedman likes this.
  14. TurinTurambar

TurinTurambar Experienced

Okay, it's only been two weeks but since the author has already approved some of my threads (so they are likely okay with me writing more) and is probably just inactive, could you maybe approve the rest of my new threads within the Summer Glau node of Hot Hollywood Party?

15. TurinTurambar

TurinTurambar Experienced

16. Booo

Booo Virgin

Question, my new stories are listed as in waiting. That means I should wait for a mod to approve them, right?

17. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Yes, they will be approved soon.

18. conkers024

conkers024 Virgin

What is the average time between story submission and approval now? I remember on the old site it could takes days or weeks sometimes.

19. Simon_Silver

Simon_Silver Guest

In my experience?

'Average' is a few hours, but if you have bad luck it can take a day or two, never more than that though.

20. Murakami

Murakami Really Experienced

We are making a concerted effort to improve response time on story approvals. The new site helps with that by giving us new tools to work. It also adds the draft system, so we no longer have to wade through 10 stories with "please don't approve yet" requests on them to find a story that is actually ready. That was actually one of the main problems we were having; we literally had ~10-15 of those for every 1 story that was ready, so we often just couldn't find things inside the sea of drafts.

Please do not report chapters that have been waiting less than 1 week; while many editors are around more often, some can only come by on weekends due to real life, so a 1 week wait is not abnormal. As stated in the guide, if we see that people are not taking care of their stories, we will intervene and assign added editors or transfer ownership if needed.

With the chaos of the relaunch, we have been busy chasing bugs and other issues, so we apologize if we have not gotten back to you yet. If there are any chapters that are still waiting, please let us know using a link to the chapter. Finding an individual chapter by name can be difficult in cases, and anyway a link takes us right there. If the issue is with a chain of threads, please link to the topmost, since we have to take any action in order anyway.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015