Post bug reports here!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by airwreck, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Vain

Vain Experienced

Chrome works fine for me, but mozilla has this kind of problems. Perhaps other browsers as well?

2. Beeble42

Beeble42 Really Experienced

On IE it suddenly started coming up with Java Console errors at 8 this morning. I couldn't like, post and even if I did nothing it kept returning. Restarted IE and logged in again but it was still happening :( Had to switch to Chrome but generally I prefer to use IE.

3. Duskford

Duskford CHYOA Guru

On Opera it worked fine, probably it's a Firefox issue then.

4. johnhoftb

johnhoftb Experienced

Went ahead and checked the browsers for my Wii U and 3DS (both of which use NetFront) and both are working fine.

Friedman likes this.
  5. Trugbild

Trugbild Really Experienced

While editing posts the "enter story" field isn't as big as the still inserted text, so I have to scroll down...
    Unfortunately there is no scrollbar, so the only solution is to scroll by marking the text;

using Opera 25.0.1614.50

that behaviour started today (or maybe yesterday)

6. Indirect

Indirect Virgin

There's a bug with the story map of "At the Cabin" (https://chyoa.com/story/at-the-cabin/map).
    All threads deeper than number 95.1 are mis-formatted, with the date appearing first. None of them are accessible, most appear without highlighting.
    I've never seen this story map problem elsewhere, but 95 is as deep as I've ever seen a story go, is it possible there's some error due to the high thread depth?

7. Duskford

Duskford CHYOA Guru

Indirect, I get the same issue on Firefox, on other browsers and on mobile it works fine.

8. Indirect

Indirect Virgin

Alright, thanks.

9. Mr.B.

Mr.B. Moderator

Something I noticed in the last few days, I may as well report them..

- I see a story updated in my bookmarks (top right of the screen), for example 1st of November, then when I go on the map of that story there is no thread updated on the 1st of November. Idk if what caused it was someone that manually linked a thread, or a thread added but yet to be approved, or something else.
    - I tried the site on my android phone (one plus one), noticed two things: there's no link of the forum on the main page, and the stories' maps show *all* threads aligned on the leftmost side. Also the homepage could be far more readable.

edit: oh and sticking this this topic can be a good idea imo.

airwreck likes this.
  10. Indirect

Indirect Virgin

I think that's caused when a thread is submitted but not approved immediately. When it finally does get approval it shows the date of thread creation in the story map, rather than the date of approval.

11. Duskford

Duskford CHYOA Guru

I don't know if here's the place to report this, but the site became off here again. It doesn't show the maintenance message though, just a blank screen.

12. Zingiber

Zingiber Really Really Experienced

I see some PHP configuration errors, maybe due to an absolute vs. relative directory reference. Hopefully we're close to back.

13. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

One bug seen after the sire came back: The story map at https://chyoa.com/story/the-shining-stone-fixed/map is not showing correctly and at the bottom of the page is an error message:
    Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/application/modules/default/views/scripts/story/map.phtml on line 52

14. jjgarces

jjgarces Virgin

Does anyone know when the thread view updates are going to get back on schedule?

15. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

The disk space was full because of a 80G big error log. But it is now solved as you can see.

I'll set up the cronjobs in a few hours. Then the views will be calculated regularly again.

16. Zingiber

Zingiber Really Really Experienced

Interestingly, my copy of Opera is having trouble with the SSL handshake on the story site, but not on the forums site. Falling back to Firefox for stories (which has trouble with the deepest-nested story maps).

17. Duskford

Duskford CHYOA Guru

I couldn't access the site on Opera as well.

18. jjgarces

jjgarces Virgin

Noticed another problem, this one with my "Hot Hollywood Party" story.

https://chyoa.com/story/hot-hollywood-party/map?thread=175660

The Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, and Katy Perry threads are jumbled at the end, i.e. the last thread of all them appears in the arc of the above celebrity.

So, basically, the last Selena thread appears on the map as part of the Vanessa Hudgens arc, the last Taylor thread appears as part of the Selena arc, and the last Katy thread appears in the Demi Lovato arc.

The actual story works fine, everything links as it should. Just the map that needs fixing.

Also not sure if this is because of the outage. Just noticing it now.

19. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Can you tell me which version of Opera (and which OS) you're using? I've tested the site with the latest version (Opera 26.0) on Mac OS X Mavericks and Windows 8 and got no errors.

Chyoa uses CloudFlare since 2 days, so we now have a CDN, which means in general that pages can be delivered faster. Therefore, it could also have been a temporary problem of CloudFlare.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  20. Duskford

Duskford CHYOA Guru

To be fair, I use the old Windows XP, which only allows for an older version of Opera to be installed. I think the problem is on my end.