What are your favourite story threads?

Discussion in 'CHYOA General' started by Artican, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Artican

Artican Really Experienced CHYOA Backer

I've come to realize that I am not really following other people's stories because I feel daunted sifting through all of them only to sort through the multi-leveled options to find a thread that I would like. So, I ask you, which storylines, your own or someone else's, are you enjoying and why? Links would be most convenient as well.

2. FallenSaint

FallenSaint Really Really Experienced

If you are into monsters on humans (Sometimes the humans on monsters) you could check out my stories. Shadow Hunters seems to be really popular with the Orc arc that off-shoots the original werewolf arc.

I also have two more stories that feature Orcs rather prominantly, but haven't had a lot of work done on them yet. Then there is my newest story based on Hematoma's forum game.

Other than that, I'll sift through some of my favorites and see if I can find something you might like and get you some likes to both my stories and the ones I find.

It would be helpful if you could give me some information on what you are interested in though. :D

Zingiber likes this.
  3. Kobe

Kobe Experienced

Training Meghan and At The Cabin are two of my personal favorites! Lots of depth, nice writing, and I'm fairly sure have both been picks of the week since I've joined. There's a lot of depth and (If you don't wanna wait so long) plenty of sex that can be escalated relatively fast.

Also, you could always check out my story Senior Year. It's a work in progress, but I have high hopes I can get it done and make it enjoyable for all!

Links:
    https://chyoa.com/story/Training-Meghan.6659
    https://chyoa.com/story/At-The-Cabin.6097

Then Mine:
    https://chyoa.com/story/Senior-Year.7685

I'll tell you if I can think of any more. Otherwise, enjoy those two!

4. CorruptedHorde

CorruptedHorde Experienced

I'm gonna have to back up Kobe for Senior Year. This one might be my top favorite. Out of all the stories I've read on Chyoa thus far, this one hits home the hardest. The fact that I can relate to a lot of things in there kinda creeps me out. The second paragraph of the first thread described me perfectly, the BBQ parties before high school started was a thing for me (seriously like I didn't want to be there but people dragged me in and I felt obligated, it's kinda BS), and midnight bowling was a thing. Good news for the bowling is that I went with only male friends. Another piece of good news is that the physical description of the MC doesn't match me. So with that said, I can conclude that Kobe probably isn't a wizard.

Probably. The Shay scene... man what if Kobe really is a wizard? :oops::oops::oops:

So I recommend this story to people because it also introduces a cool mechanic (AMP) that adds a lot of depth. This story is already an A+ for me and it's only getting warmed up.

Another favorite is Quiet Streets, started by brevdavis. Although there are a lot of authors, the overall immersion level for me stays at a pretty high point. Apocalyptic fiction seems to be a really interesting genre to me, so it's no wonder I'm captivated by this one.

I'd recommend this story because it gives you the option of being a lone male/female survivor, or a male/female leader of a group. Pretty sick if you ask me.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    Kobe likes this.
  5. Artican

Thanks for the suggestions, guys, I will look into them. What I am into are funny and interesting characters involved in story plots that aren't sex related but become sexual as the story progresses.

Like, say for instance, there is a thief breaks into a person's apartment only to find the resident in the shower. The thief would attempt to evade the person while maybe trying to lift some valuables, meanwhile becomes attracted to the person and might try to sneak a peek. Of course, if the thief gets caught he or she would have to find a way to convince the apartment dweller to let him or her go... Unless the thief is more aggressive and tries to take advantage of the roomie who is in nothing but a towel. All could happen in a pg scenario or become more scandalous.

6. Artican

Spent last several hours reading At The Cabin. Definitely a like for me. :)

Zingiber and Kobe like this.
  7. Kobe

Kobe Experienced

I won't answer to whether or not I'm a wizard.

But I am going to say you haven't seen me and Harry Potter in the same room together.

Thanks for your kind words and recommendation! :D:D:D

8. Artican

Ok, at part 150 of 200 and something of vain's storyline in at the cabin... Didn't think it would take this long to get through, but once I'm done, I'll star looking at other stories.

9. Patzo

Patzo Really Experienced

Vain's storyline takes a LONG time to build up tension between the characters, but once it gets going, all the characters get very "exploratory" with their orifices. Worth it in the long run. Haven't read Vain's new story, but I wish him all the best!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    Yarkoz likes this.
  10. Artican

It's funny, it was the lead up that drew me in, with the characters interacting with one another. I was convinced they weren't even going to hook up at all except for secondary options and I was fine with that.

11. Artican

I've been reading through The Virgin Heroine and am finding it to be really enjoyable story.

12. jealco

jealco Experienced

CorruptedHeroine mentioned Quiet Streets, which I have to second as well. Brevdavis laid a solid foundation for a story with plenty of options, hookups, breakups, and more, all in one nice, neat package.

As the current editor of Quiet Streets, if you find anything you'd like to see in the story, please, write away! I've encountered a solid bit of writers block, and can't seem to put words on paper for, well, anything, right now.

There's also GateKeepers Futa Apocalypse as well (link: https://chyoa.com/story/Futa-Apocalypse.5932). It's a well-written piece with some pretty solid character development and interaction as well. As much as I don't really like futa as a reader, it's more than engaging enough in other ways to keep me reading, time and again.

Another one you may find interest in is Good Girl Forced Bad by Bevatoria (link: https://chyoa.com/story/Good-Girl-Forced-Bad.561). It explores a young girl's interactions with a blackmailer, and her slow slide towards enjoying the experience she once hated.

I'd also like to second Virgin Heroine, which you've already started, as a phenomenal story. Sabine's a truly well-written and developed character, with lots of room to explore additional options.

13. Artican

Thanks for the suggestions! I will check them out.

14. chris_brown

chris_brown Really Experienced

some of my personal favorites include Lillith Restrained,Beastmen Rising,Lillith City,Lillith Origins,and The Demonic Idol

bob10 likes this.
  15. Mr.B.

Mr.B. Moderator

My first two favourites are Dark Angel and A sexy day in Suburbia. There are a lot of new stories I like, but they're still too short to go into the hall of fame :)
    What do I generally like to see in a chyoa story?

- Choices. I don't like stories with little choices.
    - Stories that do NOT get abandoned after 5 threads
    - A good build-up into naughty situations (but that depends on the character too, and how far you are into the storyline)
    - Written in 2nd person

Then I have more personal preferences, but that's another story