Game Monster Discussion

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by Cantalope, Aug 8, 2015.

?

Which monsters would you like to see expanded on?

1. Weed-fiend

10 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. Imp/demon

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. "Lesser" Poison Dragon

10 vote(s)
    34.5%
  4. Nimrev

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. Harpy Runt

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. Amorphous Slime

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Fox Spirit

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  8. Lust Nymph

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  9. Corrupted Dryad

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  10. Morphworm

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Noahendless

Noahendless Experienced

Hey SS I know it's against your new policy but I really liked the weed-fiend string from gamemonster, I also know you and cantalope don't really get along but he/she said they are really busy with school so he/she probably isn't going to care one way or the other.

2. Simon_Silver

Simon_Silver Guest

I am not in a writing mood right now, I don't know if I could do any good work right now, but I will make the attempt.

3. ChyooFan85

ChyooFan85 Virgin

I think you guys should wait until Cantalope finds the time to continue with the Weed Fiend thread. No offence meant Simon Silver, but you and Cantalope have very different writing styles and while I really like your work, I'd rather see cantaloupe continue with it since its his character and all.
    But that's just my opinion.

FallenSaint likes this.
  4. ChyooFan85

ChyooFan85 Virgin

Oh by the way, the Corrupted Dryad is by far my favorite thread! I just loved the team up between the dryad and the half-elf.

5. Simon_Silver

Simon_Silver Guest

Good Point CF85, and one I well heed...

6. Noahendless

Noahendless Experienced

I agree with CF85 too, but someone needs to pick up Simon_Silver's strings so all the fans are satisfied, the masses are getting restless, all the guys in the dorm love Simon_Silver's work

7. Simon_Silver

Simon_Silver Guest

Would that I could do that myself, but with internet that will let me access this site only 2.25 days a week...

8. big_bad_wulf

big_bad_wulf Virgin

Hi, I was wondering about getting permission to write on some of the threads. I'm particularly interested in working on the Giant Rat, Nimrev, Dark Mage, Ghoul, Morphworm, and Lesser Poison Dragon story lines.

I'd like to create branch paths for some of them and simply expand the story for others. I'm very open to discussing it with the authors of each.

I'll message each of the original writers as well, but wanted to try this route first.

9. Noahendless

Noahendless Experienced

Well I should inform you that for the Nimrev string you can just take that one over because Simon_Silver announced he was leaving CHYOA.com forever.

10. FallenSaint

FallenSaint Really Really Experienced

I actually have a lot of plans for the poison dragon, but I'm willing to have help on them if you want to create a private discussion and bounce ideas with me on it. I've relayed a lot of my plans to Cantalope and he seemed fine with them, it has just been a matter of lack of time and just recently regaining my motivation to keep writing after some personal problems I encountered.

Cantalope likes this.
  11. rabbitjack

rabbitjack Virgin

I've kind of hit a wall on the Goblin thread for Game Monster. I have some vague ideas for the next chapter or two, but don't really have any ideas for where to go after resolving the immediate crisis. Some people seem to like the thread, and I am more than willing to listen to ideas if people are willing to take their time and put some forward. :)

12. Respites

Respites Guest

Hey there folks.

So I'm the reprehensible deviant responsible for the Gazer branch of Game Monster, an aberration themed branch dedicated to exploring my various niche fetishes and ridiculous concepts, as well as general poor understanding of story structure.

I'm looking for feedback in general on each of the 3 branches I've begun writing and suggestions for scenes or information folks might like, or just general chatter on the story itself.

A main thing I'm interested in getting back is if the slow burn/less physical sexual dynamics of the Magical branch are doing it for anyone, or if I should let the giant floating eyeball get at it instead of bandying about.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Whoops. Today on things Respite forgets to do; https://chyoa.com/chapter/Gazer.404431 Link to his chapter.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2018
  13. SeriousBrainDamage

SeriousBrainDamage Really Really Experienced

I used to read this story some time ago...
    A link to your branch would probably help.

14. Respites

Respites Guest

Whoops! I just edited in my post with the link. Sorry bout that.

SeriousBrainDamage likes this.
  15. EthonKain

EthonKain Virgin

The dark mage the one where you turn into a boss and edit the dungeon. I think we should have that updated because its for me the only story path that allows you to be a dungeon boss that commands his troops and such. ( If i am wrong and there is another feel free to show me how much of a idiot i am. )

16. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

Link, and it please you?

17. Split_Agony

Split_Agony Virgin

Hey all! Not to resurrect the dead on my first post, but I've started writing in the Game Monster story and wanted to get some feedback. If there is a more appropriate thread, please direct me to it. My character that I've created is the NPC Shopkeeper. He's tired of buying your junk armor and weapons!

How's the plot? Storyline? Character development? Naughty bits? So on? So forth?

18. Nemo of Utopia

Link, please?

19. Split_Agony

Split_Agony Virgin

20. Nemo of Utopia

Ok, there was already a place to put NPCs, you should have used that, but that aside, from what I read, the story was pretty decent.