Threads approval reports

Discussion in 'CHYOA General' started by Mr.B., Aug 2, 2014.

1. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I approved your chapters. Happy writing! :)

Ebanu8 likes this.
  2. protress

protress Virgin

Thank you very much!

Friedman likes this.
  3. onceatiger

onceatiger Virgin

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post about this, but I've had a chapter pending in the story Alternatum ( https://chyoa.com/story/Alternatum.5800 ) for over a month, and I was hoping to get it approved. If it's not getting posted because the moderator doesn't like it, cool, but if there's feedback somewhere I have to check or some such, I'm afraid I don't know where to find it.

gene.sis likes this.
  4. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

Only stories get reviewed by moderators.

Chapters of moderated stories get reviewed by the story owner or the story's editors.
    The story owner of the story is
    Squelchapron
    The editor of the story is
    Murakami

Maybe they have missed the notification that a new chapter has been added, so you might want to ask them about it.

If you don't get a reaction, please get back to us and a moderator will review the chapter.

Ebanu8 likes this.
  5. Ebanu8

Ebanu8 Virgin

6. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

The story owner is usually the user who is also the author of the first chapter. (If the Introduction chapter doesn't show an author, they have had their account deleted. There might also be additional story owners and/or editors, though right now, you can't see them.)
    In this case, the story owner is
    bluedragongod
    They were online today. Maybe they have missed the notification about your chapter. (It seems they have approved the chapter you had submitted a few months ago.)
    So you might want to ask them about it.

If you don't get a reaction, please get back to us and a moderator will review the chapter.

Ebanu8 likes this.
  7. Ebanu8

Ebanu8 Virgin

Thanks for the helpful info, will do.

gene.sis likes this.
  8. madmaniac

madmaniac Experienced

I have a chapter in the Nancy Drew and the Summer Kamp Mystery that I submitted about a month or so ago that hasn't been approved or denied yet, can you look into this please?

Thank you Torg!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  9. lampost

lampost Virgin

I submitted a chapter for A Sexy Day in Suburbia which hasn't been approved or denied and the author hemotoma hasn't been online in three weeks. Could I get some help?
    Thanks.

10. neoas

neoas Virgin

I've recently published a large story and chapters, I was wondering how long would it take to get approval. Thank you for your assistance :)

roryaugust likes this.
  11. roryaugust

roryaugust Virgin

Same! How long does the approval process normally take? Anyone got an estimate?

12. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

It depends on if you refer to chapters or stories.

Chapters (in moderated stories) get approved by the story owner or editors assigned by the story owner. This depends on these users. If they are offline for a long time, this thread can be used to ask for a review by a moderator. It might also be possible to adopt a story.

Stories get reviewed by moderators. This used to take about 24 hours.
    I think the number of new stories doubled compared to two years ago. So it might take longer to catch up depending on other circumstances.
    So in some cases, it might take a little longer.

roryaugust likes this.
  13. Ebanu8

Ebanu8 Virgin

14. julieta76

julieta76 Guest

THank you for letting us know about the thrilling faster approval delay. I only wrote one chapter, but knowing this I know nothing won't be published on ages.

15. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

Chapters get approved by the owner of a story or an assigned editor.
    These users might not be online daily, so it might take longer until they review the chapters.
    It is also possible that they miss the notification that someone has added a chapter for review.

It is also possible that the user has abandoned the story.
    In that case, you can even ask to adopt and manage the whole story.

julieta76 likes this.
  16. julieta76

julieta76 Guest

Thank you for taking time to explain it.

Now you encouraged me much more to delete my account. I´ve lost any interest on collaborate here.

Have a nice day.

17. Ebanu8

Ebanu8 Virgin

Hey guys, not sure if anyone has seen this, but would like for this chapter to be approved.

18. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Hey Ebanu8, I approved your chapter. If there's anything else I can do, just let me know. :)

Ebanu8 likes this.
  19. Ebanu8

Ebanu8 Virgin

Thanks man, appreciate it. :)

Friedman likes this.
  20. Pipelqu@

Pipelqu@ Virgin