Marcie and Gina read CHYOA

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by Gambio, Jan 24, 2021.

1. TheLeherengin

TheLeherengin Really Really Experienced

Oof... I'm actually sorry to hear that. It's... Probably clear by now that I'm not a fan of your writing, but you at least seem to enjoy writing and it can't have been easy to have to delete all of it. I guess it's too late to say it now, but personally I mean... unless you were literally copying the story word for word, I don't think you needed to delete it, while going back and removing all trace of your influence would have been time consuming and tedious, I also don't think it would have been necessary. Even very heavy influence doesn't automatically mean something is a straight up rip off and again unless you were already nearing the end of the story, there would have been time probably to put your own spin on things and make it unique enough to stand on it's own.

I don't think... as a creative, you should be discouraged by anything, including me and my absolute hatred of your works :D

Although if you did just decide that you weren't happy with the work, there's also nothing wrong with deleting it and trying to start over.

Cuchuilain likes this.
  2. Unknown7

Unknown7 Really Experienced

Going over it again, it just looked more and more similar to the Gamer. I intend to start over and maybe submit it for review one day.

Cuchuilain likes this.
  3. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

I am more confused then the Judge of Ace Attorney when it comes to these last few replies.

Cuchuilain likes this.
  4. Warden-Yarn15

Warden-Yarn15 Really Really Experienced

While it's not my call to say anything in this situation, I believe the lack of maybe an unpublishing option for chapters or stories could've avoided wasted work.

But if Unknown is more than willing to start from scratch, then maybe it's all but unnecessary to have the option present, at least in this situation.

Cuchuilain likes this.
  5. Cuchuilain

Cuchuilain Guest

Should be an equivalent of sampled music copyright where people seem to get away with releasing exactly the same as the original but with a worse drumbeat and claiming it as their own. Ra-ra-rasputin anyone? (now there's a guy who needs his own CHYOA story)
    Just copy the whole story from someone else and slap a soundtrack of somebody beatboxing on it.
    Anyway - I've had a few long form stories that I wasnt quite happy with over the years and started again from scratch. They still havent seen the light of day, but I always enjoyed the attempt at getting them right (and looking forward to the next attempt). Hope you have fun in the second attempt Unknown.

Warden-Yarn15 and Unknown7 like this.
  6. Unknown7

Thanks. I think I'm gonna go with a nerdy perv being reborn as a warrior woman and trying to gather a harem.

Cuchuilain and Warden-Yarn15 like this.
  7. Warden-Yarn15

Warden-Yarn15 Really Really Experienced

I know that it's not my place to say it, but since Unknown deleted his Isekai story, would that bump one of the entries in the backlog off of the list and have the slot open for a new one, or will it be replaced by his new version here?

https://chyoa.com/chapter/Introduction.1005757

Gambio likes this.
  8. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

Oh, I didn't pay attention to it. First time this ever happens as well.

I guess, in such a case, the author can just submit a different story and keep his place in the queue.

What do you wanna do @Unknown7 ?

Warden-Yarn15 likes this.
  9. Unknown7

Well, the new version of is almost at ten chapters so it should be review worthy by then. I deleted the old version because I got accused by plagiarising the Gamer and was kinda freaked out about the similarities.

I might add in the John Walker and Katrina branches back in but try to be more careful not to make it too similar. I kinda regret deleting the whole thing. I think I just let the accusations get to me.

10. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

alright as long as it gets to 10 chapters when I get to it that's fine

11. Almax

Almax Really Experienced

Hey, I don’t know for sure, but I think Friedman may be able to recover it for you if you contact him, so long as it wasn’t deleted ages ago. I’m pretty sure I remember him bringing back a deleted story not too long ago for the author, so it’s worth a go!

12. Unknown7

Thanks but I've managed to recover most of it via likes it got in my notifications. I've restored the first six chapters of John's branch and the first chapter of Katrina's. The rest I'm working on improving.

I've managed to get it to ten chapters deep now.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  13. TheLeherengin

TheLeherengin Really Really Experienced

I'm glad to hear that.

Unknown7 and Warden-Yarn15 like this.
  14. Unknown7

Thanks, I've gotten all of John's chapters back up. I'm just working on Katrina's now.

edit: I've gotten both characters up to ten chapters now.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  15. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

16. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

Sexually frustrated Gina is best Gina.

17. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

"Hard Candy" has plenty of it, if you are into that ;P

18. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

I suppose I could do that. Although I'll have to think of an appropriate scenario...

Unknown7 likes this.
  19. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

I should warn you though that it's pretty long

82 chapters of...reasonable length and no death end to jump out.

20. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru