How to add more names and conditions?

Discussion in 'CHYOA General' started by headzor, Nov 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. headzor

headzor Virgin

Hi guys,

My stories so far have been quite straight forward and easy. I am working on a new one that i want to add a few things to:

- More names
    - Adding a score to each chapter while other chapters subtract a score, or set a new score.

i think i know how viewing a chapter works if the score is a certain level, but i don't know how to set the score based on a chapter viewing.

Any help please?

2. Gatsha

Gatsha Really Experienced

If you want to make it so viewing a chapter sets the score to a certain level:

1. At the bottom of the editing chapter page, click the checkbox "Changes to the score."
    2. Click the box "00" if you want the value to be a whole number.
    3. In the boxes that appear, type the variable name and the value you want it to set to.
    4. Click the = sign so it's blue.

Save your chapter and it should work from there.

Note that as this only works in game mode, "viewing chapter" is in this case defined as "entering the score-changing chapter from a previous chapter with game mode enabled" If the user uses the story map to view your chapter, of course, it isn't saving their score or position.

And remember that if the user presses "previous chapter," game mode will not preserve the score change from entering the chapter. You need to use links to loop them around if you want them to be able to go backwards on the story map but keep a score change.