I reincarnated as a Homunculus in a steampunk world with famous 19th century characters but everyone

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by Alibara, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Alibara

Alibara Really Experienced

Apparently I reincarnated as a Homunculus in a steampunk world with famous 19th century characters but everyone is gender-swapped is too long a title to fit on here.

This story can be found at https://chyoa.com/story/I-reincarna...aracters-but-everyone-is-gender-swapped.47855

This is an isekai story in which someone is reincarnated as a Homunculus in a steampunk world famous 19th century characters but everyone is gender-swapped.

My plans for now go a little bit like this;

"Caleb (name can be customised) encounters a number of female versions of famous literary figures before the story splits into different routes for each woman and each of those having good, neutral or bad endings."

I wanna focus on the common route first before tackling each character's routes one at a time.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    Pasin and Cuchuilain like this.
  2. Cuchuilain

Cuchuilain Guest

Great first chapter set up.
    Could be pretty good if the protagonist has knowledge of the stories relating to the characters he encouters.
    e.g. in old London, meeting (Sherlockia?) Holmes, and solving the mysteries before her; convincing all those hot women not to get on the pequod and go looking for Moby Dick.
    Looking forward to whatever comes next (female versions of kidnapped and last of the mohicans?)

Pasin and Alibara like this.
  3. Alibara

I might as well give my reply here.

I did have a backup plan where Caleb would reincarnate in 1860 before having a time skip to 1888. This was just in case it turned out that an 18 year old reincarnating as an undead being that was at least 18 years of age wasn't enough to fulfil the age requirement.

I decided on 1888 so I can have Jack the Ripper given how integral he is to that year. You're right that I will have to take some liberties, especially since the novel Frankenstein was written a century before the other books.

Olivia Twist could work. I have considered bringing in a grown up version of the Artful Dodger as an enemy.

I don't know much about the Count of Monte Cristo. I think he has a mansion. I did plan for my characters to have a base of operations, so perhaps she provides one for them, though I'm not sure why she'd be interested in Britain.

Not sure how I'd go about Joan Silver. Pirates were a bit before the 19th century, though maybe she became immortal somehow since I plan to use Adam, King Arthur and Gretel.

I planned to use a female Arsene Lupin. Maybe Raffles could be a rival.

I already planned for Sherlock "Sherry" Holmes to appear.

I've never heard of Kidnapped before and I only have a very vague understanding of what the Last of the Mohicans actually is.

4. Alibara

Looked into Kidnapped and Last of the Mohicans, it seems unlikely that I'll use those sources as they're supposed to have happened in the 18th century.

I might go with the Sherlock idea since I planned for a Sherlock route.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  5. Alibara

Pasin likes this.
  6. Alibara

I wrote a section for Characters

I'll add more to it as I introduce more characters.

Pasin likes this.
  7. Alibara

Pasin likes this.
  8. Alibara

Pasin likes this.
  9. Alibara

10. Alibara

Pasin likes this.