My Chapter is taking too long to get reviewed

Discussion in 'CHYOA General' started by Marsalad, Apr 4, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Marsalad

Marsalad Virgin

Hey, a newbie contributing member of CHYOA family.

I've come to notice that my most recent posted chapter( https://chyoa.com/chapter/Opening-up-her-backdoor.1531101) is taking far more time to get reviewed than any of my previous chapters.

I wonder if there is a reason to it, such as the content of the chapter being too excessive or something(I doubt that, since I've seen much more extreme examples elsewhere)

Please help as soon as possible.
    Thanks!

2. wicker

wicker Really Really Experienced

have you contacted the story owner?

TheLowKing likes this.
  3. Marsalad

Marsalad Virgin

No, I haven't. Is that required?

4. TheLowKing

TheLowKing Really Really Experienced

Is it "required"? That's kind of a weird question to ask. Sensible, is what I'd say.

If previous chapters got approved, and this one didn't, there might be a reason, and the story owner is the person who can tell you what it is.

gene.sis likes this.
  5. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

No, it is not necessary in the first place.
    Story owners or their editors should review contributions as soon as they have time for that.
    As the usage of the site and the time users have might differ from user to user and from time to time, the chapter review might happen quickly or might take longer.
    There might also be other reasons why a chapter hasn't been reviewed quickly. E.g. the users not noticing the notification that someone added something to their story.

The story you've added to has some users with the role Author. That means that their chapters are approved automatically while the story owner still gets a message that someone added a chapter to their story.

So while it might not be necessary, you might still contact the story owner/editor after giving them a reasonable amount of time to review your content.

The story owner of the story in question is
    Murakami
    and an active editor is
    Cross C
    (After typing them in the recipient field, their username might only be shown as C but with the correct avatar image.)