Expanding Universe Support&Forum

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by Jizzrar, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Jizzrar

Jizzrar Really Experienced CHYOA Backer

Return link to program:

https://chyoa.com/chapter/Introduction.346594

Hello, valued customer! Welcome to the support lime and discussion forum for the commercially released program, The Expanding Universe (TM).

We have specially trained staff from Omni-Central Studios and Unity Technologies Initiative to answer any and all questions you may have with The Expanding Universe (TM) and your Augmented Reality Immersive Gear (TM). So please, ask away.

We also hold state of the art discussion forum here so you may interact with other viewers about the program. Feel free to discuss. Who knows? Maybe you might get in contact with a viewer contributor?

Thank you, on behalf of Omni-Central Studios, Intelligent Media Corporation, and Unity Technologies Initiative.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    GenericEditor168 likes this.
  2. GenericEditor168

GenericEditor168 Really Really Experienced CHYOA Backer

Could I have a jargon-less version of the introduction, please?

3. Jizzrar

I just came up with a gimmicky story...conveerting chyoa UI to be more like an entertainment program, and you reading the story is using some virtual reality shenanigans to look at virtual people living their daily lives. A company made the virtual reality gear, and another company made the program to be used on said gear so people can watch virtual reality TV.

You can either be a viewer and just watch characters go about their day, or be a viewer contributor by making your own race/species/civilization. With each alien species made, the lore of the universe gets updated. Anyone is allowed to make up characters as they wish, but races will have to be made first (I'm almost done with my contribution to the races).

I was hoping to try and entice some more interactions by coming up with some sort of meta-narrative and a means to have reader's contributions affect the fiction significantly.

4. GenericEditor168

I've got a race in development right now. When it's done, where should I put it?

5. Jizzrar

In the Viewer Provided Information section. Feel free to let your imagination go wild

6. GenericEditor168

Krikili have been submitted. Hope they're okay.

7. Jizzrar

I sort of like the contradiction they have.

They're all flighty and artistic, yet also very hardcore driven and hard to shake out of their focus.

EDIT: More over, I hope mine is okay. I still need to do some edit work, I just wanted a base out there for others to see an example. I'm just not sure how well the direction they are going is

8. GenericEditor168

It feels kind of too... galaxy-dominating. Like they'll be making everyone into breeding slaves inside of the century...
    Up next: Generic makes a race with four genders, and three forms!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  9. Jizzrar

I'm sort of limiting it to just a couple per person. If it ever gets too desparate for races and needs an official population to interact with, might bump the limit on individuals whose work I like. Thus far it's just 2 confirmed races, but it just started out. So I'm being hopeful that there'll be more contributions.

As for the opinion...I didn't think they were too galaxy-dominating. They just have breeding and entertaining and business on the mind. They have no interest in conquering, or leading anywhere, being genetically engineered to want to procreate and cater to other people's desires. Not full out serve like slaves themsevles, but finding joy in entertaining others in all ways.

I was thinkng maybe the UGC would institute some measures to try and control their population, but never got around to the mechanics of it.

10. Jizzrar

My second race is up, the Angona...hurrah for space jellyfish! They are also the first of the UGC board members to be made! I hope more people make their own board members, want people to get more active in creating their own lore and have it affect the galaxy at large, maybe even make a race that is antagonistic against the UGC?

11. GenericEditor168

I'm on that.

Jizzrar likes this.
  12. Jizzrar

Oooooooh, now I'm excited

13. Jizzrar

Question. Should I add in Psionics (aka Space Mind Magic)? I would like to keep the sci-fi as realistic as we can get away with, but it could be something fun...open up for new ways to make races, maybe.

Something to consider, but I'm not completely sold on allowing it

14. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

I say leave it out, there's not enough Hard SF out there...

Jizzrar and GenericEditor168 like this.
  15. Jizzrar

Good point, alright, I suppose we can leave Psionics on the side lines. Meanwhile, there isn't a whole lot of people coming in to create their own species. I'm thinking of upping the limit to three and/or do like...I don't, an adopt a species program. Where people can pitch a concept for a species and someone else can implement it into the story.

Gotta get more people involved

16. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru