A New Face in Theros.

Discussion in 'RPG Advertisment' started by HadesTheReaper, Nov 8, 2023.

1. HadesTheReaper

HadesTheReaper Experienced

It is a new day in the realm of Theros, and as the sun rises into the sky, so to shall a new psuedo divine being arise.

That's you, by the way.

You have somehow managed to reach a mythical status through your sexual exploits and maybe a finger or two on the scales in your favor. Now, it's up to you to see if you complete this ascension into godhood, or forge a new path for yourself!
    ---
    Heyo! Basically, I'm looking for one other person to play as newly rising demigod-ish being who's founding principle is sex.
    The system this will be run with is D&D 5e in the Theros setting. You'll start at level 2, with a Feat and a Supernatural Gift of your choice.
    You'll gain XP based on the legends of your exploits, receiving multipliers based on how sexual they are (I mean, this is a sex RPG.)

Gain companions, bosom buddies and bed partners as you travel the landscape of Theros.

Though do be warned, this is after the whole debacle with Xenagos, and the existing pantheon would be none too pleased to learn about another would-be self-made god. Earn their favor and trust, or work against them! It's your legend, after all.

DeepTongue and Arachna like this.
  2. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

Using a more structured and clearly written system could be fun. But, I guess there’s a question of it, because I don’t think that many people here are actually familiar with DnD or really follow it that closely of what the setting is or what’s actually involved in it. People have joined lot’s of games with minimal fandom knowledge, So I’d think people would still likely join if they knew exactly what this setting is really about and what they’re trying to do with it.

That is, I don’t know anyone here who’s actually played DnD that closely(on and off for me. Didn’t really have any games that lasted long enough to day though), that lore specific elements that require knowing lore elements should probably be treated as plot elements requiring information on lore elements that players don’t know about, might be a little bit messy.

That is, maybe expand more on the assumption that people are going in pretty much blind and treat it with the idea that it’s plot elements that require story elements that only the dm could know about it. So yeah. I think expanding more on what the idea means would be good to sell it yo people.

HadesTheReaper likes this.
  3. HadesTheReaper

Fair enough!

Theros is a land where myth and legend come to vibrant life! Styled after Greek mythology, these lands hold great adventure for one looking for it.

Gods work to inspire and protect the people, earning their devotion for power. Yet, these same gods are just as fickle as their inspirations. Keranos, god of lightning and inspiration, has been know to smite those with knowledge he doesn’t want shared. Thassa, goddess of the sea, houses great krakens and monsters to loose on the Polis of Meletis or the surrounding coastline.

The Polises serve as the true central points of civilization in the land, Akros being the military heart with their Iroan Games, where anyone may join to prove they’re the pinnacle of their chosen activity. Meletis is the center of culture, where they welcome near anyone within their sea side city, with their love of learning and magic. Setessa the wild city is a bastion in the woods, where nature and civilization live in harmony, under the watchful gaze of their god-queen patron Karametra.

The people of these lands are varied, with humans being found in every Polis, and satyrs frolicking wherever they so please. The centaurs run in great bands and the minotaurs survive in the badlands. Cyclops live in the craggy region around Akros, and there’s so many more to be found.

Great heroes are born every day here, such as Ajani Goldmane, the godslayer Elspeth and so on.

Xenagos was a planeswalker, a being who could travel between worlds, and returned to Theros bored. He sought a great upheaval in revelry, seeking to join the pantheon or uproot it, and nearly succeeded until Elspeth slew him.

In short, Theros is a land where fate and destiny go hand in hand to forge legends. Where will you go in your journey?

4. HadesTheReaper

The gods of Theros:
    • Ahtreos, God of Passage: Athreos is the ferryman who ferries souls into the Underworld.
    • Ephara, Goddess of the Polis: Ephara is seen as the founder of civilization and seeks to allow them to reach their potential.
    • Erebos, God of the Dead: Erebos presides over the bitterness, envy and the eventual acceptance of those who perish.
    • Heliod, God of the Sun: A fickle prideful god who smiles and laughs with ease, Heliod rules over the Pantheon.
    • Iroas, God of Victory: Iroas upholds the honor and valor of battle, he's the pinnacle of martial pride.
    • Karametra, Goddess of Harvests: Karametra favors all those who till the fields and coexist with nature.
    • Keranos, God of Storms: Keranos is an impatient and merciless god, equally like to strike with a bolt of inspiration or smite them.
    • Kruphix, God of Horizons: Kruphix rarely, if ever, interacts with mortals, content to simply observe.
    • Mogis, God of Slaughter: Mogis cares not for morality. He's hate, vengeance and denied mercy.
    • Nylea, Goddess of the Hunt: Nylea is a wild and carefree god, often seen in forest playing. But her anger is swift against those who hurt nature.
    • Pharika, Goddess of Affliction: Pharika is a curious god, embodying both medicine and poison, she seeks all medical knowledge.
    • Phenax, God of Deception: Phenax is the masked patron of masks and lies, cheating death itself.
    • Purphoros, God of the Forge: Purphoros is the patron god of crafters and artisans, inspiring those who are near him, though his rage is legendary.
    • Thassa, Goddess of the Sea: Thassa's emotions seem as if buried under ice, and when they burst, you must escape the avalanche.

5. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

Maybe I'll try seeing If I can think of a character for it, but I'll probably need to see more when it happens to know what.

HadesTheReaper likes this.
  6. HadesTheReaper

Nice! Naturally, if we're doing a 1on1, then it's gotta be an open communication between both sides. We're both here to have fun, after all. As the DM, it's my job to create situations where you have fun. As the player, there is a slight responsibility to, well, just be kind. Keep in mind there's two of us, and don't go running full tilt into a very unfun route. As the DM, I'll work with what I know, and will try to work what you want into the story as well.
    That's how this all works, after all.