Adventures in Syrada (updated 23rd August 2016)

Discussion in 'Sexual RPGs' started by moonblack, Sep 26, 2015.

1. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

So basically:
    Combat Tactics: Knowledge how to fight when facing multiple enemies and how to make the most of one’s allies during combat

Anyway, the last part of character creation is mostly done, I just need to decide on a few last things (I have so many ideas it’s difficult to choose which ones to use). I plan to have it posted tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

2. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Phoenix Forest added to the list of nearby locations in the first post.

Here's the last part of character creation. Let me know if I missed any typos (there were quite a few) or if there's anything unclear.

Character creation part 3:
    Stats: Strength (affects damage of most physical attacks), Dexterity (affects to-hit chance of physical attacks), Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma.

You have 60 points to spend. 10 is considered average for a human, so you can put 10 in each stat, or you can decrease some to increase others.

Note: Remember that Freya already has a few bonuses from previous choices, so if (for example) you give her 10 Intelligence she will start with 13 Intelligence due to +3 from previous choices.

Spells
    Spells can hurt allies (and even the caster) unless the description says that the spell will not hurt allies. Freya has encountered the following spells. She has learned three of them, and has two spell scrolls (they can be for the same spell, or for two different spells)

Fire Bolt – requires Spellcraft I, cost 1 mana, range 10 meters, chance to set the target on fire if it hits: Spellcraft level *5. Has an accuracy bonus. Deals 2d8 fire damage
    Casting time: 1 second

Fireball – requires Spellcraft I, cost 5 mana, range 10 meters, explosion radius 2 meters. Creates a ball of fire that is thrown at a target. The ball itself deals 1d6 fire damage to whatever it hits. The explosion deals an extra 2d8+Spellcraft level-1 fire damage to all within its range. Spellcraft II allows the caster to increase the damage of the spell by spending extra mana when casting – each point of extra mana used increases damage by 1. Chance to set each target on fire = Spellcraft level *5
    Casting time: 3 seconds + 1 extra second for each mana point spent to increase the damage

Wall of Fire – requires Spellcraft I, cost 10 mana, range 3 meters. Creates a wall of fire 3 meters wide and 3 meters high. The wall lasts for (Spellcraft level*15) minutes or until the caster extinguishes it. Deals 3d6 fire damage to all who pass through it, plus an additional 3d6 fire damage for every second spent within the flames. Spellcraft II allows the caster to spend extra mana when casting the spell to increase damage, duration and/or size of the wall
    Casting time: 10 seconds

Ice Circle – requires Spellcraft I, cost 5 mana. Spikes of ice erupt from the ground forming a circle around the caster. Anyone hit by the spikes takes 1d6 piercing damage and 2d6 ice damage. Hits both allies and enemies. Spellcraft II allows the caster to increase the spell’s damage by half the caster’s intelligence, but at the cost of increasing casting time to 2 seconds
    Casting time: Instant

Ice Bolt – requires Spellcraft I, cost 1 mana, range 10 meters, chance to freeze the target if it hits: Spellcraft level *5. Has an accuracy bonus. Deals 2d8 ice damage

Ice Javelin – requires Spellcraft I, cost 5 mana. Creates a Javelin made of ice that can be used a weapon (melee or ranged). Because it is created by magic it counts as enchanted and has an accuracy bonus. Lasts (Spellcraft*15) minutes
    Casting time: 5 second

Lightning Bolt – requires Spellcraft I, cost 1 mana, range 10 meters, chance to stun the target if it hits: Spellcraft level *5. Has an accuracy bonus. Deals 2d8 lightning damage

Arcane Bolt – requires Spellcraft I, cost 1 mana, range 10 meters, has a critical hit chance if it hits: Spellcraft level *5. Has an accuracy bonus. Deals 2d8 arcane damage, plus an additional 3d6 in case of a critical hit

Mend – no requirements, cost varies based on damage to cloth, restores damaged clothes. Slow spell, exact duration depends on how badly a piece of clothing is damaged
    Casting time: varies

Light – no requirements, cost 1 mana, creates a small ball of light that illuminates everything within a 3 meters radius. Lasts (Spellcraft level *10) minutes

First Aid – no requirement, cost 2 mana, heals 1d6
    Casting time: 3 second
    Included solely for completeness, since Minor Heal is better in every way

Healing Touch – requires touch and Spellcraft I, cost 2 mana, heals 2d8+Spellcraft level*2 HP per use
    Casting time: 2 seconds

Minor Heal – can be used from a distance, requires Spellcraft I, cost 2 mana, heals 2d6+Spellcraft level HP per use
    Casting time: 2 seconds

Mana Shield – requires Spellcraft II. Cost 0 Mana. While active any damage the caster takes will reduce mana reserves – 1 mana for each point of damage. Lasts until turned off or until the caster runs out of mana.
    Casting time: Instant

Comprehend Language – requires Spellcraft I. Cost 2 mana, lasts 10 minutes and then needs to be renewed. Allows the caster to understand any language (written and spoken), unless there’s some sort of magical interference (such as a spell). Does not allow the user to actually speak the language, just to understand it
    Casting time: 10 seconds
    Required to learn spells for speaking other languages

Divine North – no requirements, cost 1 mana, for the next 10 minutes the caster knows which way is north

Who is Freya’s best friend?
    A1. Evelyn
    The pretty daughter of a minor noble. She has some skills in spellcasting and archery, but prefers the former. While having a noble girl for a friend is generally a good thing it can cause problems too. After all, nobles tend to have enemies, and there’s no telling when someone will try to use Freya as a tool against her friend’s family…

A2. Alicia
    The daughter of a merchant family that has been quite successful in the last few years and so has become very rich. She can help with various things: appraising rare items, haggling over the price of items, helping locate and buy rare things (thanks to her family’s connections with other merchants)… just don’t count on her in combat. If a fight breaks out her strategies are: bribe the enemies, pay someone to fight for her, or her favorite: RUN AWAY!
    People getting rich quick tends to draw attention and wealth tends to draw envy. There are already rumors about how her family earned its fortune from illegal activities…

A3. Anna
    The daughter of a sorceress. Like her single mother she has focused on magic, but she also likes to learn about various things, mostly from the past. Her spells can be quite useful, but she becomes useless if she runs out of mana or if she is forced to fight in melee. Out of combat she can be relied on if Lore and/or Arcana are needed. Also, because she spends so much time studying she’s not very good at dealing with people.

A4. Sara
    A homeless girl working as a thief, mostly a pickpocket. Freya met her when she screwed up her attempt to steal Freya’s money pouch. Despite their rather unusual first meeting the two became good friends. Over the years she has become quite skilled at sneaking, hiding, opening locked doors, and "borrowing" money from people without them noticing. But she’s no good with magic and when it comes to fighting face-to-face she won’t be of much use.

A5. Essendra (called Essa)
    A prostitute, a year older than Freya, though Freya did not find out what her line of work is until a couple of years ago. She knows a lot of important people (and not just from this city) but most of them would never admit it. While she knows the basics of both physical combat and spellcasting (in case a client gets too carried away) she prefers to solve problems by relying on her good looks and seducing people.

Does Freya have any sexual experience? If yes, how much?
    B1. She has no experience at all – she’s still a virgin and has not even had her first kiss yet
    B2. She has watched other people have sex a few times, and has masturbated quite a bit, but that’s it – she has never done anything with another person
    B3. She has been kissed and even allowed someone to grope her a bit through her clothes, but nothing more
    B4. Same as B3, but she has shown her naked breasts and/or butt to someone
    B5. She has gone as far as giving a few "favors" to people (blowjobs, handjobs, licking pussy, that sort of thing) but is still a virgin
    B6. She has had sex and is no longer a virgin
    B7. Other – specify

If she lost her virginity you can choose the gender of the person she lost it to, if you want

Freya has visited most locations near the city of Syrada. One place in particular is her favorite. That place is:
    C1. The city itself
    C2. The Village of Deladar
    C3. Deladar Lake
    C4. The Phoenix Forest

Someone groped Freya during a celebration. Was it a man or a woman, and how did she react to it?
    D1. She turned around and slapped the other person - +1 to hit and +1 damage when using a surprise attack
    D2. She had some strong words for the other person – bonus when trying to intimidate humanoids of that gender
    D3. She flirted with the other person – bonus when trying to seduce humanoids of that gender
    D4. She decided to go home and do something productive. She trained her channeling - +2 max mana
    D5. She ignored the incident and focused on enjoying herself. +1 to some focus rolls

Freya found a lost bag. Since she had no way to find the owner she brought it to the guards. Most of what was inside was a large quantity of a certain powder. Said powder is used for making an expensive drug and has been outlawed for that reason. The guards confiscated the bag and the powder but allowed Freya to keep the other items that were inside: a piece of jewelry and a potion.

What was the item?
    Ring
    Necklace
    Bracelet
    Earring

Its effect was...
    E1. of Resist Lust – grants resistance to lust-based effects
    E2. of Mana Flow – increases Mana Regeneration by 2 per hour and grants resistance to some mana-related negative effects
    E3. of Underwater Breathing – for 10 minutes the wearer can breathe under water. Can be activated once every 24 hours
    E4. of Stone Skin – for 10 minutes the wearer’s skin becomes hard like stone. Decreases all damage by 1d4, but also decreases speed and accuracy. Can be activated once every 12 hours

What was the potion?
    F1. 2 Healing Potions – each heals 50 HP
    F2. Elixir of Regeneration – heals 10 HP and grants Regeneration (5, 24) (for the next 24 hours the person regenerates 5 HP per hour)
    F3. Elixir of Mana Flow – restores 10 Mana and increases Mana Regeneration by 5 for the next 24 hours
    F4. 3 Aphrodisiacs – three small bottles filled with a powerful aphrodisiac. When swallowed makes the person that swallowed it very horny. The duration depends on how much was swallowed: the whole bottle – 4 hours; half the bottle – 2 hours, etc.
    F5. Potion of Brutality – increases Strength by 5 and adds a 10% stun chance to melee attacks (increases to 20% if fighting unarmed). Effect lasts 4 hours
    F6. A foul-smelling and horrid-tasting potion – permanently increases a stat by 1 (you can choose which one)

Note that with the exception of the stat-boosting potion all potions can be sold later.

G. Anything you guys would like to suggest, such as "she has a crush on x person", or "she has a birthmark", or something else.

Well, there you have it - the last part of the character creation. Hopefully it's not too long...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  3. Hvast

Hvast Really Really Experienced

Attributes
    Strength 9
    Dexterity 11
    Constitution 9
    Wisdom 10
    Intelligence 10
    Charisma 11

I am going for human average here, with a more stereotype feminine stats

Learned spells: Healing Touch, Arcane Bolt, Comprehend Language,
    Scrolls. 2 scrolls of fireball
    (one attack spell, one healing spell, one utility spell. I want to be able to communicate with many critters to use our diplomacy and seduction. Fireballs for dealing with hostile groups)

A4. Sara: because we want an ally that has skills very different to ours

B7. Other – specify: Being very curious Freya saved some pocket money to hire a female prostitute and got licked but didn't return the favor. Also, she masturbates often and likes to peek on others having sex. Yet she is physically a virgin and never had anything with a man. She is bisexual and attracted to both sexes.

C4. I hope it will give some useful skills for wilderness

D3. She was groped by a girl and flirted with her ( seducing same sex is harder so bonus will be handy)

E1. She got a ring of resist lust (ring is easier to keep on and resisting lust will save us from a lot of trouble)

F6. A foul-smelling and horrid-tasting potion – permanently increases Intelligence by 1 (Potions can save our butt, but permanent increase will last far longer)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  4. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

I edited the previous post to make the part about Stats a bit more obvious.

About Comprehend Language: It allows Freya to understand other languages (both spoken and written), but not to actually speak them. In other words she will be able to understand what people are saying, but they won't be able to understand her, unless they speak the Common tongue (most people in the empire do). Spells that will allow Freya to speak one or more other languages can be learned later and they all require the caster to know Comprehend Language, so learning the spell is a good idea regardless of its limitations.

5. Hvast

Hmmm, I missed it. Are bonuses we got during the last part of character generation will be added later?

6. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Yes, they'll be added after voting is over. Using your vote as an example, Freya will end with the following stats:
    Strength 9
    Dexterity 11
    Constitution 9
    Intelligence 10 +3 (previous votes) +1 (potion from this vote) = 14
    Wisdom 10 +1 (previous votes) = 11
    Charisma 11 +2 (previous votes) = 13

7. FallenSaint

FallenSaint Really Really Experienced

I pretty much agree, but my once point of difference would be for her friend/companion:

A5: Essa. This would also compliment her having her B7 stuff. She could have basically hired Essa since they were friends. Essentially, she was nervous about how it would turn out, so even though Essa probably offered to let her have fun for free, Freya would have offered the money that if she backed out part way, she wouldn't be leaving her friend completely high and dry. She could also have spent time watching Essa having sex with her clients since she likes to peek, and Essa probably set up a hiding spot for her as well. I'd see them as having feelings for each other, but Essa's a "Professional" and Freya is nervous about her first time with either sex, so they haven't taken that step yet.

8. Hvast

I don't mind this change.

9. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

I've edited the second post based on the latest votes.

About Freya’s family, I’m thinking about using this:
    Her father is the son of a blacksmith from a small remote village. When he was young he got bored with life there and so, looking for some excitement, became a mercenary. Her mother is the daughter of a former mercenary sorceress. The two joined the same mercenary company and that’s how they met. Over the next few years they got close and slowly fell in love. Then over half their company died while fighting against some sea-worshipping cult that wanted to sink the entire continent into the sea. Freya’s parents decided that they’ve had enough excitement and gave up on the mercenary life. They settled in Syrada where the husband works as a blacksmith while the wife mostly takes care of the house and the children, and occasionally enchants weapons for some of their wealthier clients.

Out of habit (and perhaps a little paranoia) the parents still train their combat skills.

Freya has 3 siblings: An older brother, an older sister, and a younger sister.

Any comments, thoughts, suggestions or objections?

10. Hvast

Works for me

11. FallenSaint

Sounds good to me!

12. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Alright, I've added it to Freya's info in the second post (since I doubt three new voters will suddenly show up and object). I'll get to writing the starting post tomorrow.

13. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Slowly the sun began to rise, chasing away the darkness of the night and heralding the arrival of a new day. For the first time in nearly a week the sky above the city of Syrada was clear, the storm clouds gone along with the rain they had promised but never delivered.

Freya Valren woke up slowly and almost immediately realized that it was still too early. She briefly wondered why before hearing the answer: a hammer hitting metal somewhere below her.

Father sure started work early today… then again, it is for an important client… The redhead yawned and wondered what to do. It was still early, so maybe she could go back to sleep, if she tried. Or she could get up and do something. A few things came to her mind:
    - she could check on the rest of her family and see if any of them need help with anything
    - she could go to the market – her home was almost next to it anyway. But there would likely be very few merchants there so early in the morning, plus she did not have a lot of money…
    - or she could visit the nearby "The Brown Boar". The "Boar" was both an inn and a tavern, but more importantly it was known as a place where one could find information about all sorts of work: from simple stuff like "I need someone to sweep my yard" through potentially dangerous tasks, such as "I need someone to deliver a package for me", to outright dangerous things like "I need someone to 'persuade' a bunch of thugs to give back the stuff they stole from me". In this particular case the early hour could be to her favor, allowing her to be the first to learn about any "opportunities"
    - or she could go somewhere else, such as the Temple, or the Academy, or Essa’s place, or just walk around the city at random…

Vote:
    A. Stay in bed – it’s too early to get up
    B. Get up and check on the rest of her family. See if any of them need anything from her
    C. Go somewhere in the city - specify
    C1. Visit "The Brown Boar" and see if there’s any work
    C2. Visit the market and check out the shops
    C3. Visit the Temple
    C4. Visit the Academy
    C5. Visit Essa
    C6. Walk around the city at random

---
    I decided to start things slowly and gradually describe Freya's home and her family. Also, I have been having some issues with my computer and so updates might be slower than I would like.

14. Hvast

B - lets be a good girl (and learn more about our family)

15. FallenSaint

Agreed, lets start slow with B

16. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Sorry for the wait. This took a bit longer than I would have liked, but I really suck at coming up with decent names as well as coming up with a map of Freya's home that makes sense. Anyway, B it is.
    ---

For a few brief moments Freya considered going back to sleep, but more hammering from below convinced her in the futility of such an exercise. At times like these I envy Saya’s ability to sleep through just about anything…

After a yawn and a sigh the redhead got out of bed. With a word she activated the small illumination orb and her room was filled with white light that seemed a bit too bright after the darkness. She removed her flimsy nightgown and went to her wardrobe where she hesitated what to wear. I’m not going anywhere just yet, so no need for anything fancy. A simple dress should do. With her mind made up Freya put on black panties, black bra, and a dark blue dress before turning off the illumination orb and leaving her room.

Once in the dark corridor Freya briefly considered where to go. To her right were the stairs leading down to the first floor. Also on the right, next to her own, was the room of her little sister Saya. She’s likely still asleep. Best not to disturb her. In front of her, across the corridor, was an empty guest room, and next to it, across from Saya’s room, was the second empty guest room.

On the left, next to Freya’s, was the room of her older sister Elaya. As she looked towards it the redhead noticed that the door was slightly open. A closer examination revealed that the room was empty and dark. Again sis didn’t properly close the door. Waking up early really isn’t her strong point.

Across from Elaya’s was the room of Kalian, Freya’s older – and only – brother. He is probably downstairs, preparing to open the shop, with Elaya helping him.

At the end of the corridor was the last room on the second floor – the largest and the only one with double doors. It belonged to their parents. As Freya look at it she heard a sound from inside but it was quickly silenced by more hammering.

Was that… a moan? The redhead wondered as she moved closer to the doors and waited for the hammering from below to stop. She listened carefully and soon heard words being spoken inside. That’s mother’s voice. Sounded like she was chanting some sort of spell. But why here instead of downstairs in her workshop? More hammering from below foiled Freya’s further attempts to hear anything from inside her parents’ bedroom. Mom is probably enchanting an item, so I should not interrupt her. But I can’t help but wonder why she’s working here instead of downstairs. Maybe I should take a quick peek inside – this way I won’t disturb her work and if I’m lucky I might learn something. I could even offer to help her, if necessary…

A. Quietly open the door and take a peek inside the bedroom
    B. Go downstairs and check on the rest of the family
    C. Other

X. Minor Action (specify)

Note: Because she is at home and is not planning on going out just yet Freya did not take her dagger and did not put on her Ring of Resist Lust. She will go back and pick them up before going out into the city.

Illumination Orbs
    Small crystal orbs enchanted to provide light within a specified area for a limited time. The ones made by Freya’s mother last for 10 minutes and then need an hour to recharge. The ones sold at shops last longer but are also on the expensive side, in part because type of crystal used is not common in the area around Syrada.

Minor Actions are an idea I have seen in other such games, I’m just borrowing it.
    Minor Actions Explanation:
    Minor Actions are small actions you may do in addition to your Primary Vote(s) (A,B, C, etc). They will usually just provide you with additional information, maybe some small bonuses to rolls, or perhaps, in rare circumstances, an item. If it would cause an encounter or runs the risk of causing general havoc then it's best to put it as an additional detail under primary vote.

Examples:
    - Putting Freya's hair into a ponytail
    - Keeping an eye out for danger while searching the room (will give a small bonus if there's a roll for spotting approaching danger)
    - Rest for X minutes before continuing - useful for renewing spells and abilities that can be used once every X minutes

They may help you, but please, try not to abuse the system. Trying to examine a couple objects in detail may be fine, but picking every item off the shelf in a store can get a bit... tedious.

17. Duskford

Duskford CHYOA Guru

About the fetishes, I don't think there's anything that would turn me away from a post. Of course, there are things I can't write myself, but I'd read about it without a problem.

With that out of the way, I'm voting for "A. Quietly open the door and take a peek inside the bedroom". I'm curious as to what Freya's mother is doing, lol.

18. Hvast

C: Other: Stay near the door and listen attentively.

X: cast comprehend language, just in case if mother will use some spells in foreign language.

Peeking is too risky for me. Our character should avoid worsening relationships with her mother.

19. FallenSaint

Agreed with Hvast. Start simple and work our way into peeking. Right now we've only heard there mother in their right? There might be someone by the door who notices her watching so it might be better to listen and try and make sure no one else is in there.

20. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

And with that the tie is broken, so here’s the next post. One thing I want to mention first:
    It will take more than peeking once to damage the relationship between Freya and her mother, plus it’s just the start – it would be a little too mean for my own liking to start with that sort of event. So it's a little too soon to worry about such things. ;) :)

---

Freya hesitated for a few seconds. She was curious, but at the same was worried about peeking. What if mother is not alone – even though she should be?

In the end the redhead decided to listen for a bit longer and try to hear anything that could give her a hint. She took a quick look around and confirmed that she was still alone in the dark corridor, her only companion being the faint light coming from outside through the window on the far end. She focused and cast Comprehend Language, just in case, then carefully pressed her ear against the left door, trying to hear anything from inside.

At first nothing could be heard. Then her mother started talking again just as the hammering from below resumed, making it impossible to hear, much less understand, the words, and Freya sighed in annoyance. The next two times ended the same way before the redhead finally got lucky: The hammering from below slowed down, allowing her to hear a few syllables the next time her mother started speaking.

That was elven. Some sort of elven enchantment spell, I think, but I couldn’t hear enough to recognize it. It’s pretty rare for mom to use elven. Now I am even more curious about what she’s working on. Freya continued with her attempts to hear anything, but luck had left her. For the next few minutes her mother spoke exactly once, just when the hammering below was particularly loud, and nothing else could be heard from inside the room. But that too had its positive side – the more she could hear nothing the more Freya felt confident that her mother was alone in the room.

This is getting me nowhere. I won’t learn anything more without peeking inside. Freya decided after another minute. If I keep staying here Saya might wake up and catch me. Having to explain what I was doing will be embarrassing. I should make up my mind and either peek inside or leave. Just then the hammering from below renewed. If I’m going to peek now seems like the perfect time…

Vote:
    A. Quietly open the door and take a peek inside the bedroom
    B. Go downstairs and check on the rest of the family

X. Minor Action (specify)

Note: Comprehend Language is still active. It’s been about five minutes since Freya cast the spell, so another five left.