Dark gods - character creation thread.

Discussion in 'RPG Information' started by majus, Oct 24, 2022.

1. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

[​IMG]

The world was vast and populated. From the beautiful cities of high elves, the forest cities of forest elves, to humans populating their castles, barbarian tribes roaming the deserts and dark elves hidden in the mountains… The sirens, nymphs, orcs, goblins and dragons… all of those creatures lived for a long in balance, under the aegis of many gods. There were wars, squabbles, and conflicts, but all were inside this world…

Because the gods set up a barrier, that protected the world from the void. That was how it was for ages…

But… the barrier was taken for granted. Unknown to the gods, it was weakened, to the point that those from the void, managed to extend their influence into the world. Their influence became strong enough to manifest their avatars in the world and influence it… as dark gods. Those dark ones, finally able to taste the material realm, found out how addictive it was in comparison to the void, how delicious the souls in this world were…

But, to interact with material world, they needed power - to that, they needed followers who would empower them... in a specific ways. Silently, the dark gods started meeting with those they deemed worthy, and spreading their influence, preparing to battle the gods and goddesses of this world.

Should the dark gods ever manage to defeat the gods and goddesses of the realm, and bring down the barrier protecting the world, they could freely feast on the souls of the realm...

[​IMG]

Name:
    (The dark god can materialize into the mortal realm for no more than an hour a day... at least at the beginning. During that time, he/she can use incredible powers. choose or makeup to 2. It can be telepathy, incredible charm/beauty, control over power, resurrection, reanimation of the undead, corrupting the area to his liking, or control of plants…)
    Avatar: (the pic or description of how the dark god is perceived by mortals – is it a beautiful woman, a large man made of ice or a pile of tentacles. )
    [​IMG]
    Empowerment: (Choose or make up to 2. Dark god gains power from acts of his followers. But what are those acts? Is it from human sacrifice? Battle? The number of souls in their underworld? Worship? Monuments? Sex orgies?)
    Divine powers: (choose or make up to 3 – number of uses depends on power generated by followers. The powers the dark god can call in the area of their follower. It can be thunder/lightining, a mass of tentacles, earthquake, resurrection, raise of undead servants, plague crafted to dark god's liking, summoning minions…)
    [​IMG]
    Blessings: (choose or make up to 2. the number of blessings that can be granted, depends on dark god power. The gifts and blessings that can be granted to loyal followers. It can be the gift of beauty, strength, mutation, magic, visions, etc.)
    Prophet: (Who called the dark god? Was it a noble? A cultist? A fallen priest? You make a vague description of mortal... and choose a pic)
    Dominion: (How does the area claimed by the dark god's followers change? Chose or make up to two. It can be the deformation of the area too dark god liking, all-around whispers that slowly convert to dark god religion, the gate to the underworld, deformation of animals, magical aura that allows followers to use magic or makes the followers with magic ones more powerful…)
    [​IMG]
    Minions: (Loyal creations of a dark god, created either in their image or to their liking. They usually can be found in the underworld, interacting with souls of deceased followers, but can also be summoned by followers – or if the dark god has such a power, by the dark god. Choose their looks and powers – minions can have up to five powers, like healing aura, animal look, strength, control over fire, flight, smithing, etc.)
    Underworld: (The domain of the dark god, created to dark god's liking. It's a place where dark god's followers go after the death... It can be desert, forest, caves, floating islands in clouds, volcanic caves, there can be dungeons, sex/torture devices, gladiator pits... but what is it for the souls of dark gods followers? Will their souls be morfed here to their liking? Fucked and abused by the minions for eternity? That's for the dark god to decide...)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
  2. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

Name: Xiara, Dark Goddess of Nature
    Avatar’s powers: (Choose/Create two)
    As a goddess of Nature, Xiara has implicit power over the growth of plants. She can grow an acorn into a thousand-year-old oak, or foster a flower on infertile soil. This can happen as quickly or as slowly as she likes. Of course, the flow of her ability can turn the other way too. A flower that displeases her may soon feel the rot of her touch and the foliage on the forest floor know better than to impede her.

Alongside her powers over the growth of plants, her abilities extend to living creatures to an extent. She can resurrect the dead if their souls have not yet entered an Underworld(AKA haven't been dead too long). Although most are left...changed by the experience. They may find themselves having an affinity for the sunlight or drinking more water than usual. There may also be some physical changes. Although most are minor, a slight change in skin color, a few strange growths. Whispers claim the largest trees in Xiara's dark garden were mortals that have been revived by her many times due to their failures.

Xiara's form is often described as a beautiful woman writhed in tendrils of varying sizes. These tendrils writhe and squirm like the tails of many snakes caressing her body, but also resemble the twisted and organic curves of ancient roots. Often she wears a mottled green cloak and shroud to obscure her features...Although depending on her mood, little can hide her true nature. When calm, her form is almost human, but can quickly swirl into a towering, raging mass of tendrils should she become infuriated. She typically manifests as a Female.

the tentacles that flow from her body are extensions of herself. While she does have two that are very nearly arms and hands, she can control the rest at will and are capable of the fine manipulation required for grasping.

[​IMG]
    Xiara, Casual
    [​IMG]
    The Nature Goddess, on a moonlit walk.

Empowerment: (Choose or make up to 2.)

Although a Goddess of Nature, Xiara would be better described as an Aspect of the Domination of Nature over Civilization. The collapse of all things like cities and governments and a return to the natural state of things. Actions that embody this aspect provide Xiara with the most empowerment.

- A shrine planted with a Great Hardwood tree and fast-growing, woody vines with the ruins of civilization around it is a suitable monument to Xiara. For a small cult, it could be as simple as a ruined farmhouse at the edge of a village. However, shrines built at the heart of towns and cities may quickly become a Locus of worship for Xiara's powers and her influence will ensure the swift overgrowth of the settlement.

The followers of Xiara often eschew clothing unless needed to defend against the elements or enemies. With such a nudist society; it isn't unusual for such public displays of nudity to also attract very public sexual interactions. Both willing or unwilling. Xiara makes no difference. Sex and reproduction are parts of the natural order of things. Male or Female, for the most capable it's a free-use paradise. For the weak, it is a privilege to please someone more capable than them or a warning cry to find someone capable to protect them. However, Xiara's belief is a belief in the strength and ability of the individual, not the group. A group of men or women forcing themselves on one another is shameful. Conversely, single combat is looked upon favorably.

- Showing those representatives of Civilization the way of Xiara empowers her greatly. Whether it's defeating such an opponent in single combat, or satisfying your desires through dominance. These things give Xiara power. The amount of power depends on their position in the social hierarchy with Lords, Mayors, and Knights likely being less impactful than Kings, Princesses, and other such positions at the top of the Civilization Hierarchy.

Divine powers: (choose or make up to 3)

-For the worshippers of Xiara, Snakes are a sacred animal. They are a double entendre of representation by representing fertility and rebirth while also representing the destruction of civilization through the fear of those who would live in "civilization". So of course swarms of snakes can be called upon in the area of Xiara's followers. These snakes know who their master is and who their enemies are.
    [​IMG]

- Nature is never too far off for a follower of Xiara. Typically it provides what the follower may need the most. It could be writhing vines to wrap up an enemy, or a berry bush ready to provide nutrients to a starving follower on an important task.

- In the most dangerous situations or the most glorious affairs, Xiara may summon her Snake Guards to assist. It may be for a dramatic battle, or to show a VIP how pleasurable succumbing to Nature can be.

Blessings: (choose or make up to 2. the number of blessings that can be granted, depends on dark god power. The gifts and blessings that can be granted to loyal followers. It can be the gift of beauty, strength, mutation, magic, visions, etc.)

-Due to being a Nature Goddess(albeit a perverse one), beings with natural affinities to Nature and Forests are drawn to her. Be it Taur, Fey, or Faun, they revel in their Nature and succumb to it. For those who are not so naturally gifted, she can grant them bodily changes to bring them closer to the natural state. For a hunter, she can offer them the rounded eyes of an eagle to see long distances, or the slitted eyes of a cat to see better at night. For a warrior, she could give him the physique of a bull for brute strength. For the lover, perhaps the libido and fertility of a hare. All of these blessings will physically change their bodies to be more...in tune with their new enhancements.

-for those who don't desire physical changes, Xiara can offer just a taste of her magical ability. For those who accept it, they gain the ability to manipulate plants in a similar way to the goddess...Although not to nearly as dramatic of an effect, of course.

Prophet:
    [​IMG]
    In a crowded Jungle, the dark elf Nebe Sissan will foud the way to Xiara.
    - During their first encounter, Xiara granted Nebe a pair of longer elfin ears that allowed her to listen to the ebb and flow of The Evermarch -The Music of Nature-.

Dominion: (How does the area claimed by the dark god's followers change? Chose or make up to two.
    "From the outside, the forest seemed fine. Birds were singing and the vibrant green hues of the trees nearly glittered in the sun. However, as soon as I stepped past the first woody precipice of an enormous oak tree, the forest fell silent and gloom fell upon me. It was midday when I entered the forest, but the enormous canopy above stifled the blazing sun. The birds that were moments ago chirping peacefully stared at me with accusing glares before flying off as if to tell whatever dark master they served of my intrusion. As I wandered deeper, the trees seemed to crowd around me. The roots! The roots I swear would raise on their own and trip me every so often. That was to say nothing of the branches that seemed to shift and writhe like great, massive snakes in the wind.

A wolf padded onto the path ahead of me. I swear it stared at me and grinned before it left! Never have I entered a forest that felt so hostile towards cityfolk."

-Unknown

- Land touched by the followers of the Dark Goddess of Nature is denoted by rampant plant and animal growth. Her powers are the powers of life and life follows in its wake. However, there's a perversion about it. For those who are unwelcoming of nature, the deminse of Xiara's Forests are dark and gloomy places. Life is everywhere, but very hostile towards those that don't call it home. Enormous trees stretch and create a canopy that stifles the sunlight below. For much of the day, Bioluminescent fungi and fireflies are the only sources of light. The ground becomes a mottled path of roots and plant growth and the hungry eyes of predators stalk the darkness.
    [​IMG]

-Of course, the powers of the goddess have a profound effect on the wildlife as well. The longer a beast lives in the protective forests of the goddess, the more of an effect it has on them. They slowly develop intelligence and awareness far beyond that of normal animals. Every bird and lizard becomes a spy for the followers of the goddess. For larger mammals, the effects are even more profound. Many will find intelligence and awareness that matches even those of humans and a few may even develop shapeshifting abilities to allow them to pass through the lands of man. Serpents, gain intelligence to match any kind of race from civilized society, they grow to enormous sizes and can change into a humanoid form. They can even impress the goddess and become a Snake Guard to service the goddess directly.
    [​IMG]

Minions: (Loyal creations of a dark god, created either in their image or to their liking. They usually can be found in the underworld, interacting with souls of deceased followers, but can also be summoned by followers – or if the dark god has such a power, by the dark god. Choose their looks and powers – minions can have up to five powers, like healing aura, animal look, strength, control over fire, flight, smithing, etc.)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Snake Guard are reptilian beings who have come to serve Xiara directly. They are larger than a man (up to 12 feet in height in some cases). They are capable of wielding most weapons with proficiency. They have quite a large amount of physical strength that allows them to excel in melee. They can also regenerate which protects them from bleeding wounds and eventually regrow limbs. If subtlety is needed, they can shapeshift into a snake and sneak into all the places that a natural snake would be able to. Finally, the snake guard can Breed with Anything and are quite Fertile. With half-breeds spawned from such minions having minor improvements to their physical abilities, regeneration, and rarely also the ability to shapeshift.
    [​IMG]

Underworld: (The domain of the dark god, created to dark god's liking. It's a place where dark god's followers go after the death... It can be desert, forest, caves, floating islands in clouds, volcanic caves, there can be dungeons, sex/torture devices, gladiator pits... but what is it for the souls of dark gods followers? Will their souls be morfed here to their liking? Fucked and abused by the minions for eternity? That's for the dark god to decide...)[/QUOTE]

Xiara's Underworld is the ultimate expression of Nature over Civilization. Vast forests cover the domain along with the occasional crumbling structure. Adherents to the faith find their bodies returned to their prime with plenty of time and ways to improve themselves and become their Ideal, Natural selves. The realm also is Xiara's playground where she torments those who have displeased her. The most common form of punishment is to force a soul to take the form of an animal. With their intelligence and ability to speak intact. For the worst offenders, she traps them in large, warped bestial bodies and is driven insane to be hunted by The Snake Guard and Adherents for as long as their punishment is suitable.

I die.
    I literally have been working on this for 6 hours. So i'm going to post it and take a break. Let me know if there's anything that needs changed and adjusted.

Also just a random note. The images that i have for Xiara's form are AI Generated. They're not quite exactly what I wanted, but they're close enough. Granted, I think the images being a bit uncanny for an otherworldly deity kind of fits. So maybe it's fine. I also used an AI generator for the Dominion images, but I actually like how they turned out. (AI Generated Art just doesn't do people very well often and for most of the big sites out there you only get so many chances daily)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    AnonYMooseBoG, moonblack and majus like this.
  3. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Looks great!
    The prophet - I needed only pic and some vague description, so it's alright.
    Also, the computer generated pics are impressive! I will have to take a look at it!

AnonYMooseBoG likes this.
  4. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

I use a site called NightCafe, because it's easy to use and stores your creations. The problem with any AI generated art is that it can be a bit weird on the details and often it botches the locations of certain things. (The image I did use for Xiara had a tentacle coming out of the side of her face that i had to edit off on my own)

Here's a few that came close to what i wanted:
    [​IMG]
    I almost went with that one, but it's a bit too alien. Also the one tentacle looks more like an octopus than a root. A common problem even in the images that i chose.)
    [​IMG]
    probably one of the best "Cloaked" images that were generated, but the hand coming out of the hip really didn't do it for me.

[​IMG]
    I liked this one, but it felt a little bit too large in scope. Like she's a giant looming through the forest.
    [​IMG]
    This one would have been perfect if she had arms and a coherent lower body.

[​IMG]
    Also would have been very good, but her arm just kinda merges with one of the tentacles.
    As can be seen. It's a lot of Hit and Miss, or "this could have been good but". There's also the fact that a lot of the AI Art Generators online don't allow explicit inputs. So you couldn't use like "Breasts", but you can get around that with clever descriptors. I used "Large Chest" a lot.

Also, i am curious about how the RPG is going to be formatted. Since we are the deity, I presume we won't have direct control over our followers. So is it going to be a lot of watching them doing things and occasionally intervening with divine powers and blessings. We can only directly interfere with the world for an hour (at first).

AnonYMooseBoG and majus like this.
  5. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Name: Zimara, Dark Goddess of Winter
    [​IMG]
    Irresistible Beauty – no mere mortal can resist Zimara's beauty. People will do anything and everything they can just for a chance to gaze upon her for a few moments longer.
    Domain of Winter – continuously winter spreads in a circle around her, ice and snow covering the ground, thus expanding her influence upon the land.

Zimara appears as a tall, naked woman with large breasts and snow-white skin. She seems terrifying and deadly, and incredibly beautiful at the same time – just like winter itself.

Empowerment:
    Seduction – Zimara likes it when her followers use the beauty she blesses them with to seduce others.
    Sexual acts – she also likes it when her followers perform all sorts of sexual acts, though the power she gains depends on the act (masturbation is not as useful as actual sex, for example).

Zimara especially likes it when her followers combine the two.

Divine powers:
    Summon Blizzard – As a goddess of winter can summon blizzards to weaken or destroy the enemies of her followers, or as a way to defend the lands under her influence.
    Winter's Touch – she can drain the warmth of people, just like the cold of regular winter. No actual touch is required, simply being in an area under her influence is enough.
    Summon Winter Nymphs – she can summon Winter Nymphs to aid her followers.

Blessings:
    Blessing of Beauty – makes the blessed individual very beautiful, allowing them to more easily seduce other people
    Blessing of Winter – grants the ability to both use and resist various cold spells

Prophet:
    A former noblewoman chased out of her home after the country she was living in was conquered by a neighboring one. She was quite a beauty even before she was blessed, but her body and looks became even more perfect and tempting after she received the blessings of her new goddess.
    ElfBustyBlueHair.png

Dominion:
    Land of Eternal Winter – the lands under Zimara's influence are constantly covered in snow and most bodies of water are frozen
    Ice Flowers – beautiful flowers made of ice start to grow in the areas under her influence

Minions:
    Winter Nymphs – beautiful pale-skinned women with blue hair, they were created in Zimara's image, so they too are tall and have large breasts. They have the following powers:
    Blessing of Beauty and Blessing of Winter – they have been granted the Blessings of Beauty and Winter. The two are permanent, unless they manage to somehow displease her
    Sexual Domination – they can dominate people by having sex with them, temporarily turning them into eager and obedient slaves
    Winter's Wrath – when deemed necessary they can temporarily increase their power – physical and magical – to better fight the enemies of their goddess
    Portal to the Underworld – they have the ability to open a portal leading back to the underworld. Useful for fleeing from combat... or for dragging enemies to the underworld

Underworld:
    A vast land consisting of plains, rivers, lakes, forests, hills, forested hills, mountains, forested mountains... and everything is covered in eternal snow and ice. The Winter Nymphs live there, punishing those who has displeased their goddess and rewarding those who have pleased her. Followers who have pleased her are given the choice to become Winter Nymphs themselves, while the rest are transformed into beautiful women for the nymphs to play with.

Current Followers:
    [​IMG]
    Elisa - a prostitute who has received the Blessing of Beauty

In short, Zimara embodies the beauty and the dangers of winter. Still undecided on her gender – for now she's female, but I might change her to futa. Or maybe as she grows in power she'll gain the ability to switch between female and futa.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
  6. Mashalla69

Mashalla69 Experienced

Name: Sinrah; Dark Goddess of Progress
    - The dark goddess of progress despises stagnation and seeks improvement on all levels imaginable. Be it the way a society is structured, policies are enforced or an individual thinks or acts - there is improvement to be made in every aspect.
    - She enjoys the duality of the world around her, like the conscious, systematic thought and the impulsive action, because of it enabling conflict and therefore progress.

[​IMG]
    Notes: Sinrah is 1.90 meters tall and has a sizeable chest even in proportion to her height.

Powers: Mindrobber, Unearthly Charm/Beauty
    - Knowledge is power, especially if you want to change the world around you in ways that do not attract attention until it is too late. Thats why Sinrah makes sure to absorb the knowledge, experiences, personality,memories and motivation, by touch, of individuals she finds interesting. She can choose to leave their minds intact or, if need be, daze them for a minute.
    - Sympathy is key in winning someone over and her unearthly charm and beauty certainly help her in persuading individuals around her. Most people just think she is more trustworthy and benevolent in addition to beautiful.

Empowerment: Impulsiveness, Knowledge

- Acting out of impulsion empowers her, especially if the act is debaucherous and or many people are involved. Also, letting ones conscious effort go in order to indulge in pleasure empowers her.
    - The pursuit of knowledge empowers her, especially if it serves to improve oneself or treads ground previously unthinkable or previously thought of as morally/ethically abhorrent.

Divine powers: Find potential allies, Find the hostile gods servant, Spawn minions

Deriving her power from knowledge and secrecy is something she will preach to her followers, be it directly or by the powers she grants those in need:
    - Exposing servants of enemy gods in their midst is important for the integrity of the secret societies established by her followers. She is willing to protect her influences, small they may be. -> This power does not distinguish between gods. People without believe are simply not marked and non-enemy god folloers are not revealed.
    - Establishing secret societies and connections is only possible with the right allies - followers in need can count on their goddess to show them already established allies or possible allies.
    - Also, followers in need may call upon their goddess to send her minions straight from the underworld.

Blessings: Magic, Incredible charm and beauty

The magic she can grant evolves around acquiring, hiding and transfering knowledge as much as it does about using ones impulsiveness, unconscious and carnal desires for gaining an advantage and is ambivalent in nature. Torturing and resisting torture, hiding under plain sight and showing oneself among many, choosing the right path based on a hunch or letting another choose the wrong path based on thought are just a few of the abilities usable if one pursues the magic granted to them.
    For those wishing to influence those around them more easily, she can grant her devotees incredible charm and beauty. This blessing makes them seem moree trustworthy, benevolent and of course beautiful in all the right places.

Prophet: Barkeep in a Major Goblin Holdout

- Name: Strierk
    - He thinks of the current state of things as vile and stagnant and acquired knowledge of a being long forgotten that might be able to grant him the change he so desperately wants to have happen.
    - The major goblin holdout is a mining "city" in the mountains.
    [​IMG]
    Dominion Converting whispers, Summoning Sites
    - Her dominions are not necessarily coherent as they are shaped by the change wanted by those who live within. Multiple secret societies/groups within one city/town will create a sublime version of the change they desire meaning that a version accepted by everyone of her followers creates the dominion to serve the higher purpose of changing the world all her followers interest.
    - Though there are always whispers within her dominion seeking to convert any intruder and if the intruder's desires are known to the swarm, therefore by extension the dark goddess of progress, the whispers will speak to his desires.
    - Summoning sites are established in every dominion and secure the, sometimes slowly paced, development taking place within her dominion by creating minions. Though these sites are often build last as the need for secrecy within the town, city or kingdom needs to be gone.

Minions: Hypersenses, Assimilate Knowledge, speed, procreate, Swarm Intelligence

[​IMG]

- Her minions are a swarm of impulse driven, goblin sized monsters acting out of the carnal desire to claw their way through those that stand in their way and breed with allies, enemies and neutrals alike in order to further their goal of serving their goddess.
    - Their senses reach outside the spectrum covered by any other race.
    - They seek out any individuals for their knowledge and will either transfer it to their goddess by force or by more..."friendly" means in order to add intelligence to their goddesses reportoire and by extension to their swarm, if the goddess chooses to share her knowledge with the swarm. Though it takes a minute to fully transfer the knowledge.
    - Their incredible speed makes them a force not to be underestimated.
    - Even when alone they can be a menace as they will seek out opportunities to breed in order to recover from a costly battle swiftly - their offspring matures within 2 weeks and every third day a goblin (orcs take 1 day longer, humans and elfs 2 days) breeder is able to birth one minion, if taken to the extremes. Though the ones they breed with can't birth minions but only imps/normal goblins.
    - Despite their impulse driven nature they are able to slowly learn the most basic form of speech in order to communicate their desires.
    - The swarm intelligence, with the goddess in center stage, and unconscious communication of tactics with specialised minions in center stage that take triple the time to mature in their ranks has provided no need for vocal speech in their swarm.
    -> The specialised minions receive their tactics from their goddess
    - If they learn speech it will sound like they are constantly out of breath and it will be limited to very simple words spoken in very simple "sentences". For example: Me. Hungry.

Underworld:

- The underworld of the goddess of change is tied to her whim. If she is dissatisfied with the state of things, she destroys it all in order to form it anew, so that it might leave her satisfied. With the growth of followers within her domain she grows more satisfied with the state of her underworld and the underworld possibly stops destroying itself until she recognizes that she failed in creating perfection.
    - Minions within the underworld are free to pursue their carnal desires. If their desire for self-preservation is met they will breed with the women in this underworld and ask the goddess for insight so that they may please her if the time comes.
    - Exceptional followers are allowed to enter her citadel and will be partake in improving everything one might think of - until it is perfected.

Please hit me up with any improvements I might need to make. Also this is my first time rp'ing like this, but I have started reading some of the other rp's going on.

Edits:
    • Notes on Sinrahs Appearance
    • Minions Appearance
    • added Motivation to her Mindrobber ability.
    • 2nd wave:
    • The swarm intelligence, with the goddess at the center, and unconscious communication of tactics, with specialised minions at the center that take triple the time to mature, in their ranks has provided no need for vocal speech in their swarm.
    • -> The specialised minions receive their tactics from their goddess
    • Find potential allies
    • Find the hostile gods servant
    • -> This power does not distinguish between gods. People without believe are simply not marked
    • Third time's a charm:
    • [...] and non-enemy god folloers are not revealed.
    • Though the ones they breed with can't birth minions but only imps/normal goblins.
    • Though it takes a minute to fully transfer the knowledge.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
    AnonYMooseBoG, majus and moonblack like this.
  7. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Wow... I never knew that there was something like that.

And nope, you won't have direct control over followers - they will come with baggage and will sometimes mess things up, the question is, how far when called, you will decide to aid them? To empower them?
    And no, not really watching them constantly. It will be more like phone calls with occasional observing of their actions, during important events. But there will be more interactions between gods/demons/angels/and in underworld, you will have free rain. You will be also stronger in dominion in your realm.

8. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Domain of winter - would be temporary, if abandoned by followers.

Blessing of winter - would it give resistance to natural cold?

Ice flowers - is it only look? Or do flowers have some role?

9. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Find spies - not sure about that one, seems a little weak, but if you want it, you can go with it.
    Find allies... maybe instead, find potential allies?

The minions will need to be modified - they are too powerful. Procreate is already a powerful ability, such fast procration would simply swarm enemies...
    Absorption of knowledge seems also to contradict swarm intelligence...

Doing good for the first time - welcome in the RP section!

10. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Yes, if abandoned by followers the ice and snow will melt slowly, same as natural ice and snow.

Yes, it includes resistance to natural cold too.

Initially only for looks and decoration. Perhaps as her power grows the flowers might become more than that, but at the start - just decoration.

11. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Okay, then the character is accepted :)

12. Mashalla69

Mashalla69 Experienced

I've made some changens. If procreate is still too op, just tell me an acceptable rate. Also edited the minions knowledge absorption to just making them transfer knowledge to Sinrah, so it does not contradict itself with the swarm intelligence (with Sinrah at the center of the command structure now). If it is still contradicting, please explain what...because I can't see it honestly
    :sweat_smile:

13. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

I made a slight edit to Xiara. Just made it so that she's all female all the time. I figured she had enough tentacles around her if she wanted to stick something in someone, she has plenty of options.

14. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

@Mashalla69

Exposing servants of enemy gods -
    That's okay, but it will not reveal non-enemy god followers.

Minions... that is not much better in case of changes... they were to be goddess messengers, warriors, and emissaries - something akin to angels. It is quite confusing to see them treated as a cannon folder :confused:

Okay.

Breeding... how about one of those two scenarios:
    First, the child of the minion will grow up with the speed you gave but will be just a normal goblin/imp, unconnected to hive-mind - and not a minion, just a monster in material world.
    Second, the child will be a half-breed, tied to the world of materium, with his/her own will, not tied to hive-mind, with some powers but the pregnancy would last around 8-10 months.

Knowledge - the minions can transfer knowledge, but it's not an immediate process.

And you included what changes you made - that's great!

15. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Going by something, there are also fingers! And tongues! :D

16. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

I'm sure considering her Snake motifs, her tongue is probably a snake tail too, or maybe to subvert expectation and go a bit Alien, it's a whole snake head(with it's tongue for extra depth)... although, if I take that route then I'd have to make sure it was clear that the snake is either an extension of her own body, or has its own (human or more) intelligence to make sure its fine by the rules. I recall a discussion about snake hair in the past and its one of the reason I went with rooty-tail tentacle hair rather than classic snake hair.

17. Mashalla69

Mashalla69 Experienced

@majus
    Totally okay with the changes you've made.

Would go with the first option for breeding

If you don't think that the more cannonfoddery type of minions don't fit into the type of game you wanna play, then I can rework them to fit more the purpose of an angel.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
  18. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

Name: Airleas/Saelria, Father/Mother of Inspiration
    The god of creativity and patron of muses and innovation. While not as readily obvious of being as threatening as others, those that know the stories realize they are not someone who can be taken too lightly under any circumstances. For every sonnet they help someone compose, someone just thought of a new to commit torture. and rarely does the deity care about the distinction of the two. Much of the following comes from the (mistaken)belief that the master of muses would be better to deal with than their peers

Results tend to be...mixed. Depending on whatever strikes the inventor's whim, it can range from creating pandemonium by subverting expectations of a desire being granted. Or...they could just as easily rule the best to subvert expectations is by a trickster god doing exactly as asked, with no strings attached. There are always those willing to go the distance and hope to be part of that lucky few. This is, of course, an insanely bad idea. But there are more than a few of the souls that come to them with the belief that even a curse would be art.

For when tricks and cunning won't get the job done, they will resort to the other thing they're known for. Fire. Lot's, and lot's, of fire. Which in itself is such a violent and stupid act that's so unoriginal, doing it, becomes totally original.
    For a god of creativity and their followers, the physical form is just a suggestion. Not necessarily voluntary. Able to change the laws of structure more than most, the bard excels at using this as much of a gift and a curse, and not necessarily with the two being mutually exclusive. Airleas is able to shift between various physical almost seamlessly and in almost any number of ways, as well as inflict a involuntary form changes to others.

Additionally, the presence of their avatar in the mortal planes tends to warp deeper into the oddly bright and colorful corruption along with ushering in the fog, just by existing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Empowerment:
    Unsurprisingly, the creativity god wishes for it's followers to engage in pure drunken revelry. Festivals and proper celebrations are more valuable than just all round drinking and dancing, but the scale and number of participants also play a factor.

Idols are also a critical part of the religion. They come in various shapes, forms, and materials, but it's a known fact that Arzille favors those who make them personally even if it's a banner of raw hide more than a nobleman commissioning statues he didn't do himself. However, the better quality, the more it contributes as a source of power.
    Divine powers:
    Animate: Bringing objects or non sentient objects to life.
    Enthrall- Through a means of divine artistry or divine beauty, Aireleas gives a enchanting display, leaving mortals and servants spellbound and under the trickster's sway.
    Fire Storm
    Blessings:
    Transformation: A follower is granted the ability to shape change into something that fits their mental image too chose between two forms between their normal selves, and their alternate form. This can be used for them to assume a more powerful warform, or become a thing of serene beauty.

Divine Inspiration: Channeling Airelas's ingenuity, how this manifests can come in a lot of different ways, but it allows it's followers to create works of such allure, that it will enchant mortals, allowing them to grow the numbers of their faith and their fame at a faster rate. They can also be used as sources to ingrain followers into their belief and make them more fierce in battlefield as rallying points.

Unlike, Aireleas's ability to divinely enthrall, this does not work on enemy servants or creatures that don't have a mind to fathom the wonders of the artistic wonder.
    Prophet:
    [​IMG]
    -------------------------
    Once upon a time, a girl was abandoned by her parents and left to wander in the forest. The girl cried, not knowing what to do. But as she cried, the sounds of her sobbing alerted the creatures watching nearby.

"Don't be sad! Come with me! Let's play!" The voices said.

The girl followed them to her home, and from what she saw, she couldn't believe the sight. A paradise that could only be a part of a dream. All the men and women had gathered, beings that couldn't believed, all together. They laughed and danced and they played. For that day, the girl had forgotten her troubles.

When she woke up, the music still played and everyone was still dancing, not having rested at all. The girl had thought the party was for her, but they continued well into the day and night.

"Why are you celebrating?" she asked.

"It doesn't really matter." The man replied.
    ----------------------------
    A man had been on the march with his platoon. Then a unnatural fog had came and the man found himself all alone. He had wandered the mist, starving and dying of dehydration until he saw a shape.

"Help! I've been lost in this place for days!"

The man's cry was left prompting a giggle from unseen voices all around the woman.

"Don't worry! We'll make sure you never get lost again! We'll make you one of us!"
    Dominion:
    When the creation god’s influence takes hold, life blooms, color seems more lively, flowers get more vibrant, much like it’s own realm.

Animals become twisted and bizarre creatures of other animals. Chimeras that range from fearsome to dangerous beasts like the winged lions, to being impossibly cute, like the otter fox. Ultimately, no matter how it looks, it’s proof of corruption.

It also comes with the fact that while the realm becomes brighter in the areas that can be seen,
    Lampróg sets in. A fog that seeps into the area, growing thicker as the influence spreads, turning the land into a bog almost unnavigable by humans. Only the fairies are capable of finding their way through the magical mist, where the fire elementals serving the deity can light the way themselves. The name comes from the bands of fireflies that come to help or hinder mortals depending on if the human's presence is accepted in the domain by the deity.
    Minions:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not just anyone can be a part of the realm. The god of creativity only has eyes for people with ingenuity. Artists, musicians, playwrights, strategists, maybe even the occasional priest if they're executed for heresy. Something as ordinary as a soldier or some groveling sycophant won't do. A particularly cunning bandit leader, or monster hunter is worthy of putting on the guest list. But only to those who show true originality can become guests at the tireless festival. However, simply being average, doesn't save you from just having your soul taken anyway.

For those who don't possess the spark, they turn into blackened creatures of pure ash. Broken down into pure elemental form, they live with their existence to serve the more powerful of their realm's kind, but while lower on the hierarchy, still fare better than any mortals left entirely intact. The more one starts to burn and the brighter it is, the closer they are to becoming and being rebuilt into a Name. Some have decided they like their form and decline in being reformed from their fire elemental, given them a more human like look. While remaining a fire elemental, these ones are a Name as Djinn and in addition to their league of power being above the other elementals, often are treated as luxury guests in the realm's parties.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of the Names, perhaps one of the most infamous creations devised by the god of creativity are mimics. Many aspiring adventurers have come to an untimely end because of them. Veteran's who often by sheer luck survive a brush with one, never lose the paranoia that the next treasure that looks too good to be true, is.

Charged with protecting their god's treasures, they usually house something good....or perhaps nothing. If you get close enough to see what's inside, your soul is probably going to be pulled into the underworld.

Of course, the most common variant are treasure chests, but they wouldn't be agents of their god, if they were as simple as that. They can be any object. At anytime.

If there is one thing to save a adventurer unlucky enough to encounter one, it's the fact that the core body of the mimic isn't much more durable than the average human compared to it's extremely tough outer shell. Realizing that, it's pretty common for them to simply hide in the dimensional space they occupy and leave it's victims to deal with it's shell going into a frenzy with no direct control and avoid doing any fighting themselves.

Knowing that, it's a typical tactic of smarter adventurers that spot one to try and lure them out to make dealing with them much easier.
    Pixies:
    [​IMG]

Sidhe:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fairies come in a lot of shape or forms with distinct personalities. Not even all fae are servants for the dark god, but for the two races of Pixies and Leanan Sidhe, they preside in the brightly colored underworld as well known Names.

It seems even at times the denizens of Rophiere have difficulty telling the two tribes apart at a glance, much to their annoyance. Pixies are more impulsive and notorious pranksters, but also more often than not, notably weaker than the aristocratic Sidhe, who seem to act as the apparent high authority for their god. Pixies seek stimulation and new experiences as art, Sidhe see themselves as art. A Sidhe never goes back on it's word. Pixies enjoy finding loopholes in their promises, and believe it's also fun for the humans making deals with them too.

However, most mortals know well enough that the correct answer is, both should ultimately be feared. Neither truly knows or understands the human condition, and the ones that might have once did if they were human before are too far removed from it to know the difference.

There's some serious speculation among scholars of whether or not they're even creations of the bardic god at all. Whatever the case, they seem to have a partnership of sorts that lasted generations upon generations and any fairies left to know the true circumstances of their birth aren't sharing it.

The only species in their parts of the realm along with dijinn actually capable of reproduction, though not capable of producing quite fast enough to keep their numbers up without their usual means of luring travelers into the underworld, and turning them into one of them.
    Underworld: Rophiere
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The lively god's deception bleeds into the realm itself. On first glance for those who wander in, you wouldn't see anything wrong with it. Unless you're the one meant to be used as entertainment for the never ending parties and festivals the god makes their home. The realm is divided into two breeds. Those who make art. And those who are art. And those who can't contribute be either, are meant to serve the whims of those who are. The land itself houses a variety of inanimate objects brought to life by the souls of the ordinary bound to the plane even after their original bodies are gone. While on the surface, the claims of it being a place past for all kinds of races and beings of every variety is true, it's only a land that offers the illusion of of freedom and choice. Make the wrong one, and you'll spend the next eternity regretting it.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
  19. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

If that's how you want your minions to be, that's how you will have them - more disposable kind of minions. But hey, they say quantity is quality of it's own.
    So, character accepted :)

20. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

@Arachna
    So far so good - let me know whe you finish.
    Also, at first, by accident I read the name of Underworld as Robespierre - wait, french revolutionist? Ah... I've read wrong :D