Dungeon Delving Discussion

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by Miss-Emmie, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Miss-Emmie

Miss-Emmie Experienced

Hi everyone, I'm Emmie, the author of Dungeon Delving. For those who haven't read it, it's a dungeon crawl starring a smug rogue elf named Kasha. She's offered branching paths to advance through the dungeon, every decision either bringing her closer to the end, or leading to her Bad End.
    I've made attempts at branching stories before, but I usually burn out pretty quickly. I'm proud of the amount of work I've done, but I still have a lot of ideas to go further. I'm making this thread to hear about people's favorite bad ends and what unexplored options are most popular.
    One thing I'm especially curious about is the portal room, which as of posting this only has the Mischievous Mansion as a route. My intent is to offer several self-contained paths that offer their own themes, and all come back together for the final stretch of the dungeon. The theme of the mansion is mimics, mundane objects that aren't what they seem. One I plan to get to is the Infernal Den, a hellish location infested with all kinds of demons including imps and succubi. I'd also welcome anyone who wants to write out their own section!
    TLDR: I wanna hear from readers about what branching paths and bad ends they like, and hopefully discussion will feed my ego and motivate me to write.

2. Dissonant Soundtrack

Dissonant Soundtrack Really Really Experienced

I like this one a lot, thought I haven't read them all I'd say the Imp ending was my favorite. One suggestion is that she frequently gets caught and it ends with something like "All she could do was hope that someone else came along to free her." Maybe she could come across some other adventurers who've suffered the same fate and try to save them? Maybe its part of the trap? Having another character with her for a few chapters could open up possibilities.

3. TheLeherengin

TheLeherengin Really Really Experienced

As you know I'm a huge fan. I love Kasha, she's very fun and it's also very fun reading bad things happening to her :D

4. Miss-Emmie

Miss-Emmie Experienced

Ooh, I really like the idea of running into other adventurers! I'll think of a way to work it in. Glad you enjoyed!

She's a nice girl (to watch squirm)~

5. TheLowKing

TheLowKing Really Really Experienced

I read all branches to a depth of 12, so until right past the imp.

I've written a(n unpublished) story a lot like this one, featuring one relatively faceless lady in a perverted dungeon, tackling problems (or failing to), one at a time. The problem I ran into is adjacent to what Dissonant Soundtrack posted: stories that only feature a single character (monster-of-the-room doesn't count) have few interactions, and no dialogue. No jokes between comrades, no taunts between enemies or rivals, no conflicting goals or ethics or cultural backgrounds, no reason to reveal character backgrounds, etc.

Introducing other characters, either temporarily or permanently, like DS suggested, is one way to avoid that. Something else I ended up doing was having my protagonist talk to herself. Not constantly, that'd get annoying fast, but every now and again: encouraging herself when facing an obstacle, berating herself for falling for an obvious-in-hindsight trap, stuff like that. (And, of course, screaming in non-consensual pleasure, but that goes without saying!)

6. Dissonant Soundtrack

Dissonant Soundtrack Really Really Experienced

I went back and looked for it, and one of the early Bad Ends is Kasha losing herself in humping a statue until adventurers find her and she runs off in shame. If you want to branch off from there, she can contain her shame and travel with them for a time.

7. Remin

Remin Experienced

My only complaint is not enough chapters (I devoured all the scenes in just couple of hours, very yummy) and there is severe lack of domme characters. I get the appeal of getting fucked by traps and left to suffer but I think the idea that you are disturbing peace of someone much, much more powerful than you and eventually begging for mercy once you get caught is just really, really hot for me.

8. Miss-Emmie

Miss-Emmie Experienced

Thanks for the support! It reignited my passion for this project, so I wrote out a few more chapters! Hope you enjoy what's been added and what's to come~

9. TheLeherengin

Hey can't seem to get to some of the chapters, are they currently unnattached or just only reachable through certain paths?

10. Remin

Remin Experienced

Oh! That's indeed the case. Are you writing chapters before you have chapters before them? Interesting way of keeping your drafts around.

11. Miss-Emmie

Miss-Emmie Experienced

Whoops, that's my bad. I like to post in batches, and sometimes miss some of the ones I need to publish. Fixed that, though

Remin likes this.
  12. TheLeherengin

I saw, enjoyed the chapters! Always great to see more of Kasha's adventures.