Erotic SOLO Roleplay Journaling

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by youdontknowme87, Aug 6, 2023.

1. Erotic SOLO Roleplay Journaling

Story Link: https://chyoa.com/story/Erotic-SOLO-Roleplay-Journaling.50838

Partially inspired by other stories such as "Slut World" and "Lusty Magic Academy RPG". The difference is that while THOSE stories are inspired by Powered by the Apocalypse, THIS is intended for people to write and publish content using whatever Game System they want.

What Game Systems? Whatever one you want.

To get started here are the basic instruction.

1) Select the System: If you do NOT see the rule system you want to use listed, just create the option/branch for it. Otherwise simply select the branch for the system you are interested in. Keep in mind though.

a. Setting doesn’t matter. Some rules don’t have a default setting, or have multiple settings, and a lot of people use homebrew settings anyway. Or you can mix and match settings. Doesn’t matter, keep things organized via the Rule System.

b. Different Editions/Versions don’t matter. A lot of different rule systems have multiple versions/editions. Do NOT sub-divide based on Edition/Version.

c. There are some systems (such as Powered By the Apocalypse, PBtA) which have spiritually inspired multiple other systems (Monster of the Week, Thirsty Sword Lesbians, Slut world, etc). Which while similar, have enough differences that I'm going to consider them different systems.

Pathfinder 1e is VERY similar to D&D 3e/3.5 but I am not going to put them both under a "D20" category. If I were to do that Mutants and Masterminds would also fall under the "D20" category.

Just try and use your best judgement when deciding whether or not to either create a new system branch or use a preexisting one.

2) Create your Character(s): When you are creating the Character(s), the Chapter Title should include a short description of the character. [Example: Lancelot the Male Human Knight]. Your First Post should include the Characters’ Stats/Abilities/Powers/etc, a Bio, and a description of what the character looks like.

A picture is not necessary, but everyone likes pictures.

3) Set the Scene: Where is your character, what is going on around them, etc.

There are already a few chapters and character stories started, but the path should look something like this.

Introduction -> System -> Character Sheet -> Set the Scene

Example/Sample: Introduction -> Mutants & Masterminds -> Jessica Smith -> A Day in the Life of

As the name implies, this is intended for SOLO Role Playing.
    If you need some help getting started you can find some help Getting Started here, or you can use Google/Youtube/Reddit/etc, and find a LOT of resources for SOLO Roleplaying.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Solo_Roleplaying/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SoloRoleplayingLinks/

One thing you will probably want is an Oracle. If you don’t know where to find one there are plenty that can be found online. If you don’t want to bother looking, I like to use One Page Solo Engine (My personal favorite) which can be used Online, downloaded for iphone, Android, or you can download the Free PDF and print it out.

Another well-known and often recommended Oracle is the Mythic Game Master Emulator System.
    An online version of which can be found and used for free HERE

But as I said, there are a LOT of options out there. People often create specific SOLO guidebooks based on the specific game system being played.

huginn likes this.
  2. Setting the Scene

When trying to play SOLO Roleplaying, this is often the problem people have the most problem with.

Choosing a system? Just pick whatever grabs your interest.

Making a character? Once you pick a system you just have to follow the steps, or use one of the many character creator generators.

When it comes to actually getting started though, a lot of people tend to get stuck. Whether this is choice paralysis, writers block, or whatever, this is the point at which people get stuck. While there is a lot of advice about how to get past this stage, I am going to give my own general advice.

For purposes of this discussion, we are going to use a hypothetical Pathfinder 2e, Female Elven Bard

Ok, so we have a game system and a character. Now ask yourself

1) Where are they?
    Elven Bard, fantasy setting. There are a LOT of places they COULD be. But an easy answer that makes a lot of sense is that they are just in a tavern. So that is what we are going to go with.

2) What are they doing?
    They are a Bard in a Tavern. What is a bard doing in a Tavern? While there are a LOT of things they COULD be doing. We just need to pick something that makes sense. I am going to say that they are simply playing music to make some money.

3) What happens now?
    This is the stage that people often get stuck at. They have a character, but they don't know how to get the ball rolling. Again, there are a lot of ways to get past this, but I am going to give an example of how I get the ball rolling.
    That method being One Page Solo Engine.
    https://inflatablestudios.itch.io/one-page-solo-engine
    https://inflatablestudios.itch.io/one-page-solo-engine-online

I will ask the Oracle to "Set the Scene", record the response, and go from there. For example...
    ```
    Set the Scene
    Complication: [1] Hostile forces oppose you
    Altered Scene: [3] Normal
    ```
    The Oracle gave us the prompt of "Hostile Forces oppose you". So we just have to determine who/what these hostile forces are. We can either decide for ourselves OR ask the Oracle. If you have an immediate idea of who you WANT the Hostile forces are USE YOUR IDEA!
    But if you still have writer's block/etc, we can then again as an oracle.

I'll ask the Oracle to generate an NPC.
    ```
    NPC Generator
    Identity: [2S] Outlaw (mystical)
    Goal: [JS] Fulfill Duty (mystical)
    Features: [5] Unusual equipment
    - [TH] Specialized (social)
    Attitude to PCs: [2] Less than expected
    Conversation: [8C] Knowledge (physical)
    ```
    Ok, so there is a lot here, some of it is useful, and some of it is we will just ignore. But we do get some good prompts for our "hostile forces".
    Who are these Hostile Forces? They are Outlaws with a mystical Bent. I am thinking Cultists
    What is their goal? Fulfill a Duty, which is again mystical. Going with the Cult idea they are seeking to do some kind of dark ritual. Love the classics!
    The Features of "Unusual equipment" fits along with this idea. The equipment is a distinguishing feature which signals that they are Cultists.
    So the "Hostile Forces" are a group of Cultists who see our Elven Bard as their enemy.

Taking our prompts, we can now Set our Scene.
    Our Elven Bard is inside the Tavern, playing music and doing BARD SHIT, when a few Cultists (our Hostile Forces) enter the tavern.
    Now you just Roleplay the rest of the scene. Maybe the Bard sneaks out, maybe they talk their way out, maybe a fight breaks out. Who knows!?

Now go out there and roll some dice!

3. Using an Oracle

The most basic Oracles are simply ways to answer a Yes or No Question. You ask a Yes/No Question, roll the dice (or whatever), and depending on what you get the answer will be Yes or No.

Example: Roll 1d6: 1-3 No, 4-6 Yes.
    You could use different dice, flip a coin, or any way you desire. As long as you have a way to randomly determine the answer to Yes/No.

There are ways to make this more complicated. For example, many Oracles expand this by having an AND/BUT add on. Making the possible answers...
    No AND, No, No BUT, Yes BUT, Yes, Yes AND.

The possible results, and the odds can also be adjusted based on if the person asking the question (you) think the odds are Likely, Even, or Unlikely.
    One-Page-Solo-Engine adjusts the odds by changing the roll needed to get a "Yes."
    Likely(3+), Even(4+), Unlikely(5+).

You can combine the Likely/Even/Unlikely with the And/But factors to create a more robust Oracle. One-Page-Solo-Engine does this by having you roll one d6 for the Yes/No, and another for the And/But.

But there are a lot of different tables out there which mix and match all of these in different ways. One of the more robust of these is the Mythic FATE Chart.

[​IMG]
    Instead of using d6, the chart uses d100, also called %dice (percentile dice). It also has all the No AND, No, No BUT, Yes BUT, Yes, Yes AND, as well as different columns for what you think the Probability of something happening (a Yes answer). The big thing that makes this Oracle special is the "Chaos Rank" which increases the chances of a "Yes" answer. The Chaos Rank being something that goes up or down during gameplay.

But this is just a small selection of what is available out there.

huginn likes this.
  4. Four Houses of Chaos is another Free Oracle which focuses on using Tarot cards as inspiration. The idea itself is simple enough. When you have a question you draw a card for inspiration and depending on the face and value of the card you then interpret what occurs.

[the below is taken from page 6 of Four Houses of Chaos]
    Hearts: Emotional trouble, endurance challenges, house of cups, water
    Clubs: Obstacles get in the way, strength challenges, house of wands, fire
    Diamonds: The focus is an object, mental challenges, house of pentacles, earth
    Spades: Adversaries block or pursue, warfare challenges, house of swords, air
    Ace: Authority, the influence of your elders and those you respect
    Two: Meetings, you stumble upon a meeting between two others
    Three: Personal dynamics, arguments, love triangles, and stand-offs
    Four: Motives, you uncover or get embroiled in the plans of others
    Five: Repercussions, acts come back to haunt you or a folly is revealed
    Six: Acquisitions, merchants, thieves, a mugging/hold up in progress
    Seven: Luck, things work out your way or someone is making it happen
    Eight: Bad luck/chaos, yeah - more likely someone is messing with you
    Nine: Threats, hunters, and plots come forward with you in the cross hairs
    Ten: Treasure/goals are within reach if you're willing to pay the price

So when ever you draw a card you would combine the suit and value. Ane Ace [Authority] of Spades [Adversaries] would represent an adversarial authority figure. What that means will vary due to the circumstances.

The interesting thing is the Face Cards represent actual NPCs. So every time you draw the King of Spades you don't just have an Adversary, you have a Specific Adversary.

Just thought it was interesting and thought I would share.

5. Zingiber

Zingiber Really Really Experienced

I started playing around with the plaintext version of the One Page Solo Engine / Oracles, adding a little dash of Javascript to let each (CARD) be clickable as a card draw, and each (D6) clickable as a roll of a die. I also added 2D6, 1D20, 4DF, and 1D100 for rolling within the game system.

The attachment is a self-contained page adapted directly from Karl Hendricks' One Page Solo Engine v1.6 with full credit to KH. You may need to rename it from ".txt" to ".htm" or ".html", then open it in a browser to activate it. Anything blue-underlined is clickable as a link or as a dice roll / card draw.

ONE PAGE SOLO ENGINE
    Version: 1.6 CC-BY-SA 4.0
    A minimal, all-in-one toolkit to play your favorite tabletop RPGs without a GM.

Thanks to @youdontknowme87 for encouraging me to explore the One Page Solo Engine!

(this is a re-post with a fixed version of the One Page Solo Engine, since the FATE die roller had an off-by-one mistake).

Attached Files:

youdontknowme87 likes this.
  6. Zingiber

The "Four Houses in Chaos" author has a nice personal site as well, where I found its predecessor, Four Houses in Amber, specifically aimed at solo play in the Amber Diceless system. https://tangent-zero.com/ (Todd Zircher).

7. acerron

acerron Virgin

Does anyone have any good random charts or other tools for solo gaming, beyond just the Oracle (Mythic/OPSE/Four Houses, etc)? I was looking at the old D&D "Book of Erotic Fantasy," but that only has 100 Sexual Adventure Ideas.

8. Zingiber

The Judges' Guild "Ready Ref Sheets" has a chart for looking up paid dating companions in town, though it is probably pretty dusty (misogynistic?) by modern standards (1978/9-ish?; Wikipedia says 1977, copyright in photo says 1976). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ready_Ref_Sheets ("More tables than you can shake a stick at.").

A detailed review including the Women tables: https://writeups.letsyouandhimfight.com/mllaneza/judges-guild-supplements/#3 (subheading #3 for the Ready Ref Sheets). The reviewer generates a random woman encounter (a young noblewoman with a ~~"tired"~~ (edit: _pensive_) attitude, aligned Chaotic Evil, with a 14-person entourage) and creates an illustration of her with sword and cigarette holder.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
    youdontknowme87 and acerron like this.
  9. Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
  10. Depends on what you are looking for. Are you looking for more adventure ideas for a "smutty" adventure, just don't like the oracles, want a more robust NPC generator, something else?

11. @acerron

If you are just looking for a LOT of random generators, you could look here

https://donjon.bin.sh/

There are a LOT of random generators one of which is simply called "random"

https://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/random/

The "random" generator has a drop down box which you can use to switch between quests, NPCs, Locations, etc. But what ever category you pick, the generator will generate a list of 10 different options.

Hope this helps.

12. Remin

Remin Experienced

Hmmm. I will need to try out solo adventure. Sounds like something to waste time when waiting for reply to my RPs.

13. Glad I could inspire you!

14. Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    Zingiber likes this.
  15. Glad I could be an inspiration :D

Zingiber likes this.
  16. acerron

acerron Virgin

Looking for things on the smuttier side of things. I've been playing around with Solo RP's for a while, so I have Mythic, OPSE, CRGE, Gamemasters Apprentice, etc. for Oracles. I also have things like UNE (Universal NPC Emulator) for NPCs, and various genre tools for fantasy, dungeon crawling, space stuff, cyberpunk stuff, cthulhu stuff, etc. What I don't have is the smutty stuff! I can obviously use what I already have and just make it more fun, but I think it would be interesting to have random fetish tables, random romantic interest generator, random "initial desire for character A"--that type of thing.

17. Ah, I see. That unfortunately is a lot harder to find. You mentioned already looking at the D&D book "Book of Erotic Fantasy" which is unironically one of the better books on erotic Role Playing that I have read. Off the top of my head there are a few other things you could look at.

Black Tokyo by Skortched Urf' Studios
    https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en...hed-urf-039-studios/category/9179/black-tokyo

Somebody already started a Category for it in the Story and wrote a few chapters.
    https://chyoa.com/chapter/Black-Tokyo.1284885

The rule system itself seems to be a modified version of D20 Modern (which itself is based on D&D 3e/3.5). But some of the books might have tables that you could find useful.

Another one is Hot Chicks by Dakkar Unlimited
    https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/publisher/751/dakkar-unlimited

I'll admit, I have looked at Hot Chicks but I couldn't tell you how it works or how to play it. No idea how useful the books will be to you for tables, but they might give you some adventure ideas.

But if I'm being 100% honest, you will might be better off making a fetish table yourself. That way you can add, but more importantly EXCLUDE, things to your personal preference.

As for romantic/desire. I don't think you need a table for that. You could just roll a single dice to determine "initial starting attitude" with a low being none and a high being they are very attracted to the character.

Example: We could use One Page SOLO to ask a "How Much" question to determine initial attraction with; 1-Surprisenly Lacking to 6-Extraordinary.

Sorry that I don't know anything specific though.

Remin and acerron like this.
  18. If anyone is wondering how to do a SOLO-Dungeon, I just ran one using the rules I found here. https://oracle-rpg.com/

https://chyoa.com/chapter/[Making-The-Pokémon-Gym-Dungeon].1472604

The biggest lesson I took away was that I'm not sure if I will bother with a mapped out dungeon. It was fun, but I'm not sure if it was worth it.

[​IMG]

Instead I think I might try the "Hex Map" next time I need to do a SOLO dungeon.

[​IMG]
    Or not, the full dungeon was still fun and doing the Hex version seems like it might take longer.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
    Zingiber likes this.
  19. I took this from the "Solo Gaming Tool" and made it "Fillable" so that I can easily create a new one every time I have a new dungeon/wilderness area that I need to explore.

Attached Files:

Zingiber likes this.
  20. So, I have been thinking about this, and after some quick Brainstorming this is what I came up with. I still consider this a "work in progress" but it is something. I also didn't make a "Fetish" table because I'm honestly not sure where to begin with that.

Random Erotic Tables
    Why use 2d6? Because it allows for a Bell Curve, thus making some results more common than others.

Sub/Top [2d6]
    2-REAL Slave Master
    3-Playful Slave Master
    4-Dominatrix/Dominator
    5-Denier
    6-Top
    7-Vanilla
    8-Bottom
    9-Likes being denied
    10-Submissive
    11-Slave Play
    12-Humiliation