Godawful Gothic Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by JimJoeBob, Feb 9, 2018.

1. JimJoeBob

JimJoeBob Experienced

Welcome to the forum page for my story, Godawful Gothic Girlfriend. Here you can see updates on the where the story will be going and where anyone can post ideas, thoughts, or anything else they have to say about the story. If you've read anything else I've written you've no doubt noticed the consistent themes. This is really a combination of that and the meme (big tiddie goth gf). I haven't had a goth girl in a story yet and I thought it would be funny to base it off the meme. Sorry she's not a real goth, but it was easier to make her bitch this way, but maybe I'll make an actual goth friend for her. Beatrix may also seem to not be bitchy enough to deserve such karmic retribution, but she'll get worse further on. Thank you for reading my story and I hope that you enjoy it.

Story Link: https://chyoa.com/chapter/Introduction.386421

2. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

Read the intro, and the synopsis and I hate it: but I'll admit that's my own past rising up and dredging up painful memories. (As well as the fact that when I see people being passive/aggressive like this my impulse is to just punch the mother-fucker out.)

The worst part about it I think was the first few lines which got me all primed for some kind of 'the-one-that-got-away' love story where the bitchy goth girl is the antagonist trying to keep her hooks in the protagonist rather than let him find his happiness with Beatrix. Instead, it turns into some kind of stupid revenge-humiliation plot, which is a very unhealthy response for the protagonist. (Or anyone else.)

It's well written, (on a technical level,) and it'll probably find it's audience, but I'm not one of them.

JimJoeBob likes this.
  3. JimJoeBob

JimJoeBob Experienced

That's cool man, I don't like it too much myself right now. But it's one of the stories I've been working on for the ost few months and got the point where I wanted to release it. I'm hoping to improve it later on, if I still don't like it and/or a lot of people don't then I'll scrap it or rewrite it.

4. Nemo of Utopia

Thanks for being cool about it, and good luck.

JimJoeBob likes this.
  5. JimJoeBob

JimJoeBob Experienced

I welcome the feedback, especially when people don't like something. It's worse when there's none because you just a don't know.

Nemo of Utopia likes this.
  6. Nemo of Utopia

A-men to that!

JimJoeBob likes this.