Implemented Invisible choices in game mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheDespaxas, Apr 1, 2017.

1. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

Well, it would restore the original intention.

Showing the option could be confusing, as you could set an option which wouldn't change anything.

I'm not sure if I understand this.
    When not in game mode, all chapters would be visible on the story map. Hiding the story map or parts of the story map would be a different thing and could be handled in different ways.

2. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

You have understood my intention fairly well. I'm not sure if they should be visible in the story map if not in game mode, (because spoilers), but definitely they should be visible as choices from the chapter they branch off of. Thus, they can be reached for editing if you, say, accidentally put two spaces in one of the requirements instead of one...

3. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

For owners or editors, all chapters and the complete story map should be visible anytime.

Maybe invisible chapters could be shown without the Chapter title and without allowing to access that chapter.
    Another way would be to show the complete story map without Chapter titles, only showing the structure, authors, likes, comments and updated at.
    Or the story map could be limited to the introduction chapter with a note, naming the number of chapters of the whole story.

4. dirtytyke

dirtytyke Experienced

So, it's been a while since there was any discussion in this thread around invisible story mode choices, and I'm just wondering if people are still interested in it, or if anyone is working on implementing it?

Nemo of Utopia and gene.sis like this.
  5. dingsdongs

dingsdongs Really Really Experienced

I'm still interested.

Nemo of Utopia likes this.
  6. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

7. dirtytyke

dirtytyke Experienced

Oh my, this got implemented. Awesome.
    A thousand thank you's to whoever implemented it!

Friedman and gene.sis like this.
  8. HaremStarter

HaremStarter Really Experienced

So how exactly does this work. Do you have to do something special to your story to implement this?

9. dingsdongs

dingsdongs Really Really Experienced

This is awesome :)

It appears to be a new setting / checkbox which you can set on the "edit story" page: "Show inaccessible chapters"

Friedman and gene.sis like this.
  10. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

The story option version of this suggestion got implemented. (It is noted in the New Feature chapter in the CHYOA Guide)
    So if it is activated, it works for every chapter of that story.

I added a line to Create A Story (9.)
    and Conditional Branches (9.)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Friedman likes this.