Labors of Olympus

Discussion in 'Sexual RPGs' started by Tjf, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

“I cannot count how many times I’ve heard that.”

With her injuries she would be at a disadvantage enough, even if not needing to worry about potentially an entire tribe. Truth be told, she wasn’t too confident about her odds. She did apparently have the ability to foresee enemy attacks…but she couldn’t quite figure out how exactly she had it before. It wasn’t reliable for a fight unless she could do it consistently.

Yet, even with all that, she kept a straight face. “Then have someone retrieve him, and we will be off.” She didn’t know why it mattered even to people she never met before, but even with all the risk, she…her throat moved. But no sounds came out other than an annoyed grunt. She couldn’t properly acknowledge the danger even if she tried.

She knew fighting probably wasn’t an ideal..or smart option, but she was faced with the option of admitting she’s weak…and if she didn’t do this…there was no telling what those barbarian would do to their capture.

Inwardly, she let out a very few choice words in her native tongue, but refused to let it show, even if this was pretty much suicidal.

“I don’t doubt your brother is a capable warrior. However, I doubt he’s ever faced a daughter of Phoebus.” It felt like a tall claim, and she still couldn’t even be sure if that was really true, but it would project more confidence at least to say it.

unisol_gr44, moonblack and Tjf like this.
  2. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

"Grab the boy." Molossus orders some of his men, before turning to Rhea. "Oh, no, he's a shit warrior. I still don't think you can beat him, though. My family all have a special trait, you see. I can show you if you'd like."

unisol_gr44, moonblack and Arachna like this.
  3. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

“Is that so…”

They had some kind of ability then. That made sense to how he would be leader so much younger than the rest.

“It would be useful to know exactly what kind of trick this is, yes.”

unisol_gr44, Tjf and moonblack like this.
  4. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

"Agreon!" Molossus calls out, and one of his bodyguards nods. The man then lowers his spear, grasping it firmly, and thrusts forward hard, like a cobra snapping at prey. A kill shot, if ever Rhea's seen one. The spear reaches Molossus' flank, tip pressing against the soft skin...and then it bounces off. What's left is a small cut on the young man's skin, the outer layer of the flesh pierced, as well as a few layers below, but the muscle remains undamaged. Really, the spear thrust that should have impaled him has left a cut only a little deeper than if he'd cut himself shaving.

"I wasn't kidding when I said I was the blood of Achilles." Molossus declares. "My brothers and I aren't completely impervious to weaponry like our grandsire, but we're still very hard to kill. To get my brother, you'll need to go for the ankle, aim well, and strike true. Unlike Achilles, however, we all know our weakness, and have trained to protect it."

unisol_gr44, Arachna and moonblack like this.
  5. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

So that is Atalanta. She is as pretty as the smoke made her seem... Talpharos nodded with approval as he took his first real look at the huntress. Note to self: No trying to touch her without permission. He added when he saw her reaction to a guy trying to grope her. Then his gaze moved to the young man next to her. Could that be Meleager, the son of the king hosting the hunt? The one that is supposed to fall in love with her and come to her aid? No one else caught Talpharos' interest as he watched the various people leave, each group heading in their own direction. Though he tried to remember the faces of the guy that had attempted to grope the huntress, as well as his buddies – just in case he ran into them later...

Alright, time to go and find out what sort of test I need to pass in order to join the hunt... The young hunter decided to ask the locals and started searching around for someone willing to answer a few questions.

unisol_gr44, Arachna and Tjf like this.
  6. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

"What're you looking at, punk?" One of the harassers snarls at Talpharos as they make eye contact. The four of them have the look of brothers, handsome faces betrayed by menacing, cruel expressions.

An old man in the market stall proves helpful in exchange for Talpharos buying some vegetables. "Heh heh... Want to fight the boar, eh, laddie? I wouldn't. They let anyone sign up, but the test is pretty wild. They put you in the arena with a live bear. Those who survive pass, those who don't, well, are dead, obviously."

As Talpharos is getting information, he hears the stomping of hard sandals on cobblestones, and turns to see two hoplites in full armour, looking straight at him. "Boy. You came from the Athenian ship not long ago, did you not? Come with us." The more senior man orders imperiously.

moonblack and unisol_gr44 like this.
  7. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

She was a little stunned at the sudden display only to see the weapon be completely useless in practice. She doubted her own weapons would really fare much better. But his explanation of it did put the thought into her head as she did her best to resume a straight face.

“You’re saying his natural invulnerability has dulled his instincts and he uses it as a crutch.” She had a better image of her kind of opponent and how he could lead the tribe even if he wasn’t especially a skilled fighter. If she could manage to get her own ability to work when she needed it, then her actual experience in combat along with being able to predict his movements likely meant she’d have an overwhelming advantage in the course of battle, but would have to use his overconfidence carefully. He had no reason right now to be aware she knew about this and could likely lead him early on into the fight into thinking she just thought he was an ordinary opponent. Then she could make a single spear thrust decisively before he even knew what just happened, if she played this carefully.

Still, if that didn’t work, what were her other options..

“Hercules defeated the nemean lion’s invulnerable hide by strangling it. Can you be certain nothing else works? Or nobody has tried it?”

moonblack, unisol_gr44 and Tjf like this.
  8. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

“A bear? This is going to be... interesting...” Talpharos commented as he heard about the test. Before he could ask anything more he was interrupted by the approaching sound of stomping and turned around to find himself face-to-face with two hoplites. “Yes, I arrived on board the Athenian ship.” He confirmed. There was no reason to lie, plus the man would likely not believe him. “May I at least know who you are and where we're going?”

Tjf and unisol_gr44 like this.
  9. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

"I was poisoned once and suffered greatly. I nearly choked on some food once, as well. Beyond that, I have no clue." He shakes his head. "I'm quite popular among my people - not that many have tried to assassinate me, and none that have fought me have lived."

10. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

"We're city guards." The leader gestures to the emblem on his shield. "We're taking you to the palace."

unisol_gr44 and moonblack like this.
  11. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

“The palace?” Talpharos raised an eyebrow. “Very well. Lead the way.” He shrugged. He wasn't about to argue with the guards right after arriving, and the pair seemed legitimate enough. Plus he was curious what this was all about...

unisol_gr44, Arachna and Tjf like this.
  12. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

The guards move into position, one in front of Talpharos and the other behind him, in case he tries to run off. They move at a hurried pace, forcing Talpharos to rush, as they head through the city towards the palace. In the gardens, he catches sight of Atalanta again as she goes through the main doors, but the guards lead him somewhere else.
    [​IMG]
    They go through a side door, and then through lavish hallways, before arriving in front of a heavily guarded room. Talpharos is ushered inside. "My queen, is this the one?" The leader bows, asking his question of a woman who lies on a recliner, looking up and moving into a seated position.
    upload_2023-3-13_12-3-46.png
    "He is." She answers in a graceful voice. "Leave us." She orders. "But ma'am, he could-" The guard tries to argue, but the queen gives him a forceful gaze. "He will do nothing besides what I command him to do, I can assure you of that. You are dismissed." With no recourse, the guard bows, before giving Talpharos a threatening look and departing, leaving the young Athenian alone with the queen. "You were sent by Aphrodite?" She asks.

13. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

"So, this boon can protect the flesh, but does nothing for internal damage." That was good to know. She could definitely use that. Even if it would be difficult, the ankle wouldn't necessarily be the only way to hurt him then.

With the knowledge he offered she placed a hand on her shoulder and gave a short half bow. "Thank you for the information and your cooperation."

unisol_gr44, Tjf and moonblack like this.
  14. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

So that's the queen? Damn, that sailor wasn't kidding! I'd love to bury my face between them! Distracted by the queen's massive tits Talpharos almost did not hear the question, but Aphrodite's name caught his attention. “What?” he blinked in confusion. How would she know that? Then he realized that he was probably being rude. “Oh, I... it's a pleasure to meet you, your highness.” He offered a clumsy bow to the busty queen, not used to dealing with someone as important as her.

unisol_gr44, Tjf and Arachna like this.
  15. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

"Your young man is outside." He nods in acknowledgement. "My brother's village is east of here, just follow the road. From there, Athens is southeast. Of course, you would go faster on horseback than on foot. We have some fine Thessalian steeds here we could give you." He grins, and she knows that there's a less than innocent price attached.

16. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

The queen rolls her eyes as the young man's gaze is lost in her cleavage, but luckily she seems more amused than offended. "You didn't answer the question." She says.

17. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

“Well... yes.” Talpharos admitted. He had the feeling the queen already knew and so there was no point denying it. “If I may ask, your highness... how do you know that, and why is it of interest to you?”

unisol_gr44 and Tjf like this.
  18. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

"I..." She begins, sighing sadly. "I've been aware for some time of a prophecy that my son Meleager will fall in love with Atalanta, and that he'd die defending her against those jealous that she'll win the boar's hide. But I couldn't do anything about it - if I have Atalanta killed, Artemis will want vengeance, and take my son anyway. Then, Aphrodite gave me a vision - a vision of you. She told me that if you were able to seduce Atalanta away from my Meleager, he would live, even if he was broken hearted. I couldn't care less about power struggles on Olympus, but if siding with Aphrodite means my son gets to survive, I'll do anything it takes to help him. I will support you in your attempt to win the huntress."

19. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

She froze at realizing what he was going to say. She wasn't that naive, but the girlish look of embarrassment had returned. While, she found the idea incredibly humiliating, she knew her only option to make her way quickly that she would need horses. She didn't want to quite let it show how much the proposal had shocked her, but she had trouble keeping a fully calm and collected face. She had never really had time to pursue physical relationships with men before. Was she really going to sell herself out so cheaply?

"...not inside." She said it a slow quiet mumble, barely able to look at him. This was no attitude for a warrior to have, as she couldn't properly meet his gaze. "I'm not ready. Anywhere else." She kept her words short and kept mumbling them, but he would undoubtedly still catch her meaning as the older woman nervously fidgeted, almost looking more ready to die from embarrassment of the admission she never had sex than what he was getting at for her to do.

unisol_gr44, moonblack and Tjf like this.
  20. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

"Not inside? That's an odd request, but alright." He chuckles. "There's a natural hot spring just outside the village. Meet me there when you're ready."