Lois Lane's Night Out

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by Zeebop, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

So, we're at about 175 chapters and counting for Lois Lane's Night Out - it doesn't look like that much because it's only a max of 9 chapters deep so far, I've been trying to fill out all the side branches before I go deeper, because I like having a bunch of different options and it lets me play with a lot of different scenarios...not a lot of feedback yet, and I've been wondering one specific question:

A lot of the Lex Luthor storylines involve kryptonite-fueled transformations. Would it be useful to the reader if the different types of kryptonite were numbered (red kryptonite #313, #63, etc.) so that there was a reference to what they do (gender bender, breast expansion, clit growth, centaur transformation, MILF transformation, etc.)...or do people not really care about that?

Also, any other feedback or criticism welcomed. Like I said, not a lot of comments so far, so no idea what people like or don't like, want to see or don't want to see except by looking at the likes...

2. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

More a bit of bookkeeping/background than anything else, but I prepared the Kryptonite Guide page, which gives an idea of what the functions of the different forms of kryptonite are, and links to the individual chapters for readers that want to jump there. Pretty sparse at the moment, but as I think you can see, room to grow crazy later on...and expandable, if anyone wants to jump in. Most of these examples (except for the blatantly sexual ones) are adapted straight from the comics.

Zingiber likes this.
  3. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

...and with chapter #193, every branch so far goes to 8.1. I know it's taking a while to fill out the different paths instead of plunging ahead with a single storyline, but it's kinda fun to cover more conceptual ground this way, try out different storylines. Still not a lot of feedback, except for likes and views, so if there's anything that is or is not working for you...or that you'd like to see...

4. Explorer412

Explorer412 Virgin

I like the Blaze storyline. Would like to see Lois corrupted and turned into a demon like Blaze

Zeebop likes this.
  5. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

Okay. It's probably going to be a slow corruption, and I'll probably include a couple different variations on it, and given the time it takes me to write these things it'll be a while before you see full-demon Lois...unless I do a dream or vision just to give a prequel or foreshadowing, which is entirely possible. I've been trying to tag the chapters pretty religiously, so those might go under "demon transformation."

6. Explorer412

Explorer412 Virgin

Looking forward to it . I enjoy your writing.

Zeebop likes this.
  7. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

Thanks!

8. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

It's been a bad week for writing; too much other stuff to do. Being a specific fandom, the story doesn't get as many likes as some of the more generic stuff, so it's hard to gauge reader reactions, but I'm looking at the chapters that haven't received any likes, and thinking why they don't work, and how to change that going forward. Right now those are:

One of the Missing Women
    Robins
    Supercunt
    Gone Now, O Etrigan!
    Rimjob
    A Clue
    Wash Her
    Ask
    Red Kryptonite (#12)
    Lex Luthor
    Drunk and Horny

Which is only 11 out of 266 chapters, so that's not terrible. Some of them are just unpopular or rarely-trod paths, so that's understandable, and a few of them are more move-the-plot-forward than sex, so they might pick up some likes as the paths lengthen out a bit. A few might just be too fetish-specific - "Supercunt," "Robins," and "Rimjob" are probably in that vein. There's a lot more chapters with just one like, but at least they have one like, so that's something.

The Lex Luthor/Kryptonite chapters are less popular in general than the Blaze/Demonic chapters, whether because of content or timing, I'm not sure. The most popular Luthor branch is Sperm and Egg with 8 likes, while the most popular Blaze branch is Inside Me with 19, which shows the kind of disparity; both are very much impregnation-fetish specific...which I'm not against, but I don't want to make the focus of every branch.

9. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

And our first chapter from new writer, wblade, Nods. Which is always one way to speed things up...

10. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

And that's 300 chapters! Granted, most of the paths are only 8-9 chapters deep at this point, but there's something to be said for quantity and quality, I hope. Feel free to chime in with suggestions if there are any specific events or options you'd like to see. Something for almost everyone, within reason.

11. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

"Quantity has a Quality all its own." - Joseph Stalin.

There, said it for you.

12. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

Was kinda hoping the individual posts weren't that bad.

13. Nemo of Utopia

You have Lois getting knocked up with Lex Luthor's kid, do I really have to say anything else?

14. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

Something for almost everyone. [/edit] And we haven't gotten into paternity yet in the Lex Luthor chapters.

15. Nemo of Utopia

Actually, I DO have a serious suggestion for you, though I'd never read it unless you sent me a 'trail of breadcrumbs', do you remember the 'Lois and Clark' show from a few years back? (More like a few decades, but eh,) what about a story where Lois somehow winds up becoming Ultrawoman and like oh, IDK getting to actually bone Superman?

16. Nemo of Utopia

(Some people's favorite flavor of ice cream just is a really rich, creamy, flavorful, and high-quality Vanilla, and its harder to pull that off than you might think...)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  17. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

That is, in fact, one of the plans for the branches from the Press The Button chapter. Lois Lane is injected with X-Kryptonite and gains full Kryptonian powers. There's a couple other potential variants on the same idea that can come into play, I've just been fiddling with different kryptonite transformations at this point. The plan is also for Lois to bone Superman in the follow up to Clark Kent among the Blaze storylines.

[/edit] So yes, there will be some vanilla sex with Lois Lane/Clark Kent. I just hadn't planned a date night at the club or anything like that. Although you're certainly free to write one...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  18. Nemo of Utopia

Not to put too fine a point on it, but, NO. I was always more of a Batman guy than a Superman fan in the first place, and I wouldn't be comfortable working on a story like this one anyway... (I'm honored you think I'm good enough to hold my own in a story that's gotten SotW though...)

19. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

If LLNO ever got SotW, I completely missed it. But yeah, I totally understand, different strokes and all that. But there will be some more straight Lois Lane/Superman action coming up. Plenty of chapters left to go.

20. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

It's been a bad week for writing. But because I do respond to feedback and suggestions, I am planning more Superman/Lois stuff. Maybe not straight vanilla options for all ongoing storylines, but I'm definitely laying the groundwork for the Man of Steel to save the day.