Lois Lane's Night Out

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by Zeebop, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

We're heading into the final stretch, by which I mean there are currently only 106 ending chapters to be written to cap off all existing branches.

Now, that doesn't mean there won't be more chapters to write; if someone does an archive binge and leaves a bunch of likes that could trigger a bunch more chapters to be written. But LLNO has seriously slowed down on likes recently, and is slipping the ratings pretty fast, so as it stands, we're pretty close to complete.

2. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

Updates are going to be few and sporadic for a bit; real-life is getting complicated again.

3. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

I know folks aren't thrilled by a lot of these endings - it is difficult, narratively, to craft one or two really good endings, much less a thousand - but once these are sorted out, I can get started on the next story!

TheLowKing likes this.
  4. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

Oof. It happened. Slipped down into the #10 position on the top rated. Won't be long before LLNO drops off once and for all.

...still, it's been a good run.

5. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

I don't think a story can get too big to fail, but I do think it can get...too big.

6. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

Sorry for the slow updates, you loyal few. Real life has been busy lately, and I'll be traveling next week, but I'll try to get a few chapters out.

TheLowKing likes this.
  7. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

The stupider the penultimate chapter, the weirder the ending for any branch will be.

TheLowKing likes this.
  8. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

So, barring a sudden influx of likes, by my count there's about 46 ending chapters left to be written...and then the story will be "complete." Or at least, there will be an ending on each branch.

TheLowKing likes this.
  9. TheLowKing

TheLowKing Really Really Experienced

I'm getting the distinct feeling you'll be glad to be done with it.

10. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

I can see the mistakes I've made in the story. And it's dragged on a lot longer than anyone thought it would. I just hate to leave it unfinished.

TheLowKing likes this.