Marcie and Gina read CHYOA

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by Gambio, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

Want someone to read and review your stuff, using unfair and harsh criticism, that will not help you improve whatsoever?

Then boy oh boy have I a proposal for you!

Enter Marcie and Gina, the dual protagonists from my branch of Cursed Punishment who decided to take a break from trying to one up each other to instead read some erotic stuff.

So, want your story featured in some not podcast format that mostly consists of roasting and destroying your self confidence, by insulting your writing ability? Then apply now!

Requirements:

Story doesn't need to be finished but it should be at least 10 chapters deep. Length isn't an issue per se, but if its a bajilion chapters there is simply a limit on how much the two can read. Basically they will read roughly 50 chapters, give or take. If you are particularly proud of a specific path feel free to specify it tough, to maximise suffering. This of course also goes if you are not the author of the original story, but only of a specific branch.

-category, genre and all that stuff doesn't matter. Don't worry, if they two don't like some kink of yours, they will make sure to let you know just how disgusting you are.

-It has to be a story you yourself wrote. The two girls don't really know what restrain means, and subjecting anyone who isn't a full masochist to this would be cruel. Also, if it's a co-written story(basically authors alternate between chapters) make sure to get permission from all authors. While Gina and Marcie will choose storypaths, based on their own very sound judgement, they will ignore paths from other authors.

Disclaimer: The opinions here are not my own, but based on Marcie and Ginas preferences. I may think your story is a masterpiece, but what I think doesn't matter.

Make sure you know what you are getting into. If you aren't called a Troglodyte at least once then your stuff is probably so boring that they fell asleep before finishing. People with low self esteem should not apply.

Stories will be done on a first come first serve basis. I will do at least one story per week, maybe more if the fancy strikes.

Link to the story

Further information about Answer chapters,Masochist Mode, as well as a FAQ

Reading right now:

https://chyoa.com/story/The-Gate-and-The-Key.48301
    -Becoming a warrior, by Almax (every now and then)

Next up:

Nothing!

follow up(eventually)

Lois Lane's night out
    Whore of the Dragon
    The Captive Prince, by PrinceCai
    https://chyoa.com/chapter/King-Edward.528162, by AlexandraS90
    https://chyoa.com/story/Touched-By-Magic.25975 Ashley Price, Downtrodden Spooky Boy

not enough chapters:

--Horror stories of Black Hollow city, by majus

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
  2. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

I don't think Marcie and Gina have enough time to read all of Lois Lane's Night Out, but they could maybe complain about one or two branches.

brevdravis and Gambio like this.
  3. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

consider it done

since its such a huge project i just let them choose whatever branch and we see where it ends up

brevdravis and Zeebop like this.
  4. Almax

Almax Really Experienced

I think it'd probably be better to do it for some smaller/newer stories if you get responses from their authors, since it's a nice way for people to grow their things, so absolutely prioritise other stories over mine! I'm not even overly fussed on things like viewing numbers, really, but if you end up getting fewer story permissions than you want to have for your scene then you can add mine in too with no worries from me. Please really do put in any smaller/newer ones over mine if you get too many or need to get rid of one, though!

5. Regin34

Regin34 CHYOA Guru

Well, right now I'm more focus on writing chapters to stories of another autors and it been year since I add something to my own story, but if it is not a problem for you, here is my story in the fantasy settings. https://chyoa.com/story/Adventurer's-Perils.21854

6. Kineticat

Kineticat Really Really Experienced

I don't need help feeling bad about my writing but it sounds like it'll be an entertaining read. I've already bookmarked it for when you get going. Have fun with it.

Hopefully, it'll help some folks get their stories out in front of friendly eyes to boot :)

7. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

I intended to do it on a first come/first served basis, as i don't want to pick favorites. I'm not expecting all that many applicants, so i think i'm fine. If it really blows up against all odds, i will probably do that tough

In general my goal is to do at least one story per week. Altough might do more if the mood strikes

not a problem, age doesn't matter. It's tough for old stories to get any kind of exposure anyway, so that's perfectly fine by me

The first smart choice in this thread.

Yup, i see tons of threads here with little to no replies, so i offer exposure in exchange for ridicule. It's a win-win for...well uh...basically no one

First segment is finished!

https://chyoa.com/chapter/Lois-Lane's-Night-Out,-by-Zeebop.877517

This was a lot of fun to do. Of course i was aware of this story, but it's not my cup of tea, so i would never have given it a read, if not for this segment. It was also the first time, i actually used CHOYA as intended( caring about my choices, instead of just using the map to choose which chapter title sounds the most erotic)

My original intend was to have the author give me a path he prefers, that this is clearly stupid, so i'm changing the rules that Marcie and Gina will just choose what strikes their fancy until the reach the final chapter of any given path. (that should be one hell of a challenge with certain stories, but i'm sticking to it) Only rule is that it has to be by the same author who requested to be featured.

Don't expect the next ones to come out just as quick, again goal is to do one per week.

8. Almax

Almax Really Experienced

Oh wow, I didn't realise it'd be a story! I thought you were doing a cool lil meta chapter or two for a break in your existing storyline you were talking about, a bit like something I think brevdravis did a while back. This is neat!

9. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Hmm... that's an interesting concept. Good for you!
    With fear and trepidation, I would request my story - Horror stories of Black Hollow city.
    Considering the quote, I might be able to add a chapter or two before you get to it... hopefully...

10. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

Neat! It's too bad you didn't run across one of the finished paths (there are more than 300 endings), but that's sort of the nature of a sprawling story like this. It'll get finished eventually.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    mask, brevdravis and Gambio like this.
  11. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

Nope, we are going all the way, I intended to keep this up as long as there is interest. Won't be much of a story of course, beyond mild continuity

Uhh, horror, that should be fun. Yup, already a bit of a backlog, and i do want to give each story proper attention, so this will take a while

I was contemplating going back and chosing another option, but didn't want to compromise the nature of the podcast. I fairly like the idea of just picking a path and sticking to it no matter what.

i could see myself coming back to your story again, once the backlog is cleared. At the very least i intend to write a follow up, once the path i'm on is finished

12. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

I'd like that, but I'm interested to see what you write about other people's stories over the coming weeks.

13. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

brevdravis and Almax like this.
  14. Almax

Almax Really Experienced

Oh man, that was so nice to read, thank you so much! I've got a huge and dumb lookin' smile all over my face now, I'm not even sure what to say. I might just warn you that the 65 chapter depth is pretty misleading, given the way the game system works with loops n stuff, but really and honestly thank you a ton. I'm not sure how ta properly communicate it without just repeating that over and over, so I'll leave it there, but I really did appreciate that a massive ton. So thank you, again!

15. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

Haha, i almost put something in the story, but decided not to because i wasn't quite convinced. Now i am tough, so you can look forward to that in the next chapter, hehehe

brevdravis likes this.
  16. Regin34

Regin34 CHYOA Guru

I forgot to mention, the first chapters of my story was poor English. (what didn't change too much, to be honest.)

17. Hvast

Hvast Really Really Experienced

Heh, Sweet self-irony)

Now I want to write a "Having Sex with a girl" story and submit it to the list... minimum 10 chapters... hmm...

18. Kineticat

Kineticat Really Really Experienced

It's been a fun read so far :)

19. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru

Oh, i certainly noticed. That won't make Gina and Marcie any less ruthless tough.

I'm a fan of utterly boring titles, so i just couldn't help myself.

You know, i said 10 chapters, but i never said how long they need to be...

Happy to hear it! Of course the people who asked to be featured have to be polite, so outside feedback is much appreciated as a way of measurement

brevdravis, Hvast and Kineticat like this.
  20. Gambio

Gambio CHYOA Guru